Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RF Online Coming to Brazil as RF Evolution - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageRF Online Coming to Brazil as RF Evolution - MMORPG.com

A bespoke version of RF Online is arriving for Brazil, dubbed RF Evolution.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AcalexAcalex Member UncommonPosts: 72
    I remember winning a beta invite from this site for this game... 14 years ago
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Acalex said:

I think tis the 4th or 5th time they try to "launch" this game on brazil alone

also lets not forget how p2W is the cash shop, and how the game "evolved" to force you to use the cash shop
    Bonejoker
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • TakodanTakodan Member UncommonPosts: 161
    How unusual. I still have a bunch of screenshots from the beta back in 2006. ^^
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Pre-orders....for this old-ass game....k.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Acalex said:

also lets not forget how p2W is the cash shop, and how the game "evolved" to force you to use the cash shop

Yeah, they have tried multiple times in every region.

I personally really enjoy the game but I like grinding and games with Sci Fi themes (even if this is merging fantasy in as well). But once Codemasters gave up on it, the game went full on P2W when it relaunched with CCR. Then gamecampus or something like that and now it's red fox for global?

One of the biggest examples of P2W in a game I've ever seen, especially with how frequently each publisher launched new servers and merged the old ones. It was a weird tactic to keep whales and have people try to be #1 every few months, but apparently it's worked to retain some of the audience long enough.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Acalex said:

Yeah, they have tried multiple times in every region.

I personally really enjoy the game but I like grinding and games with Sci Fi themes (even if this is merging fantasy in as well). But once Codemasters gave up on it, the game went full on P2W when it relaunched with CCR. Then gamecampus or something like that and now it's red fox for global?

One of the biggest examples of P2W in a game I've ever seen, especially with how frequently each publisher launched new servers and merged the old ones. It was a weird tactic to keep whales and have people try to be #1 every few months, but apparently it's worked to retain some of the audience long enough.

that was teh thing the game during his first time, when was P2P was good, not awesome but was good enough for what is proposed, problem is like greed devs like to kill they games, they started to change to f2p and selling all things we had for free in the cash shop, then remove said free thing from the game to force the cash shop use

like I mention RFonline and archeage are prime examples of devs killing they own games on stupidity alone
    Panther2103
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    This game always fails so hard that the pvp never happened and you were left with a very bare-bones pve game.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    foxgirl said:
    This game always fails so hard that the pvp never happened and you were left with a very bare-bones pve game.
    The PvP was pretty frequent. Chip wars were active even last time I played like a year ago. You just didn't encounter much outside of that. 
  • ShadowStyleBShadowStyleB Member UncommonPosts: 315
    Wow I totally forgot this game existed still.

"You think this "A" stands for France?" Captain America

• Lark3mLark3m Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Why is this thing still managing to come back like nemesis in RE3 while games like city of heroes and matrix online didn't?