Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Astellia's Steam Launch Off To A Rocky Start As Game Listed As DLC, Devs Aware And Are Working On Fi

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageAstellia's Steam Launch Off To A Rocky Start As Game Listed As DLC, Devs Aware And Are Working On Fix - MMORPG.com

Earlier today, Astellia Online hit Steam, bringing the MMORPG to a new platform and group of gamers. However, it hasn't been without issue.

Read the full story here

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    That's one of the few strategies we haven't seen yet.. release the entire game as DLC! 
    strawhat0981Kyleran[Deleted User]ValdheimDragonJockeyalkarionlogLark3mdoomex

• mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Look nice first but after few hundread of hours played just realised its an empty garbage with full bots and goldspammers.
    muyochyMcSleazKyleranxybedout[Deleted User]MorbeousDragonJockeycheebaWarlyxLark3m
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     Game is fuggin shit /end

go die on Steam ... will be shutterd inside of 18 months or less
    IselinnewbismxMcSleazKyleranValdheimMorbeousDragonJockeyLark3mdoomex
  • hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    This game is garbage anyway! Doomed to fail, and now as a last try on steam.. rip
    Valdheim
  • ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    So many people mad that they bought it as a DLC and cannot refund a DLC in Steam.. Hopefully they get it up and running but all MMOs seem to go through those release blues..
    [Deleted User]Lark3m
  • nomadienomadie Member UncommonPosts: 172
    It's going to fail since the Korean version is gone...
    Aethaeryn
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Game should be listed as D.O.A
    hoenens1
  • AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178
    This is like RF Online. The game is dead in it's homeland but gets released here.

Like we all know zero new content is coming and on top of that they tried to scam folks right off the bat and only buckled because they got called out on steam for it.

Anyhow this is mostly negative so far..SO that's a good job so far.
    doomex
  • MorbeousMorbeous Member UncommonPosts: 86

Astropuyo said:

This is like RF Online. The game is dead in it's homeland but gets released here.

Like we all know zero new content is coming and on top of that they tried to scam folks right off the bat and only buckled because they got called out on steam for it.

Anyhow this is mostly negative so far..SO that's a good job so far.

66% positive on Steam so not mostly negative
  • Jannine92Jannine92 Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    Just trying to squeeze all the juice they can and hope people play beyond the refundable time as they wait in launcher due servers being in maintenance. I'd play Aion over this any day.
    doomex
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    i wouldnt be surprised if the brand doesnt get sold to gamigo for a token amount.... they seem to buy crappy titles like archeage and defiance.... only title they have worth anything and worth bringing to customers is marvel heroes omega!
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Completely unintentional
    Aethaeryndoomex

• PartieplayinPartieplayin Member UncommonPosts: 93
    End game in mmorpg's takes time period. This game is no different. However I can not comment on the gameplay itself because using astels isn't really appealing to me much. Maybe I will look closer at the gameplay
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    horrible gameplay ....and performance was meh
    doomex
  • zinger71zinger71 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    RIP
  • HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    It's a not a right, the refunds, but a policy -- and a good business practice. Let's not confuse things.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    All-time peak according to steam charts since its launch, 868. Doing better than I was expecting. Keep it up!
  • newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 276
    edited February 2020
    It's a not a right, the refunds, but a policy -- and a good business practice. Let's not confuse things.
    If I'm not mistaken- It IS , in fact, a right in Australia... Which is why Steam adopted it as a policy, Worldwide...Would have looked kind of strange otherwise. note: took a lawsuit as well

It wasnt done from the goodness of their hearts.

That aside, it should have been a policy from day 1.

https://www.engadget.com/2016/12/23/valve-steam-fined-2-million-australia-refund-policy/

Australia's federal court has fined Valve AUD$3 million (USD$2.2 million) after ruling that the company breached consumer law when it didn't offer refunds between 2011 and 2014
  • VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226
    Something smells about this.