Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2's ArenaNet Patners with the Ad Council’s National Seize the Awkward Suicide Prevention

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 7,110
edited January 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageGuild Wars 2's ArenaNet Patners with the Ad Council’s National Seize the Awkward Suicide Prevention Program - MMORPG.com

ArenaNet, they of Guild Wars 2, will be partnering with the Ad Council's national Seize the Awkward suicide prevention program.

Read the full story here

Comments

• foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 325
    Please learn to use commas in your titles. I had to re-read that four times before I understood Sieze the Awkward, suicide prevention. Or you could have used quotes. Some of us have dyslexia, which makes it hard to read in general.
    koldmiserNepheth[Deleted User]Panther2103ZenJellyDarthDowty
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member UncommonPosts: 247

foxgirl said:

Please learn to use commas in your titles. I had to re-read that four times before I understood Sieze the Awkward, suicide prevention. Or you could have used quotes. Some of us have dyslexia, which makes it hard to read in general.

I did the same thing! I kept asking myself, "What does that say?!?!"
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 6,367
    Certainly more admirable than their partnership with Quiznos. 
    Warhawke80
  • MaridMarid Member UncommonPosts: 128
    What does "virtue signaling" mean?
    Aeander
  • Warhawke80Warhawke80 Member RarePosts: 302
    edited January 2020

Marid said:

What does "virtue signaling" mean?

Virtue signaling is perpetrated by disingenuous individuals, groups or corporations, in an attempt to make said entities appear to care about causes they could really give to shits about in an attempt to make others feel bad. Also known as feel bad liberalism.

This however isn't Virtue Signaling, Arena Net is one of the few game developers who understands it's not wise to piss off half of your audience, unlike Cryptic games who pretty much said during the hilariously cringy "Trek Against Trump" that is you disagreed with their politics they didn't want you playing their game...STO really hasn't recovered since. This is a cause that most rational people can get behind and I respect that.