Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CCG Red and Blue Announced From Creators of Hex: Shards of Fate - MMORPG.com News

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageCCG Red and Blue Announced From Creators of Hex: Shards of Fate - MMORPG.com News

Red and Blue, a new CCG from the developers of Hex: Shards of Fate, has just been announced set to release on iOS and Android in Q2 2020.

Read the full story here

Comments

• inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441
    I hate to be the one, but I hope this fails in spite of them taking me and 4 friends money and never finishing HEX. I am still pissed off at them taking our money and never giving us our game we was promised.
    GinazZulikaGdemamiThupliNaitakalValdheimjimmywolf

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Even though it's going to be another crappy mobile game, do not give these people any money. They have so many lies and missed features from their Kickstarter for Hex that they are not to be trusted again. I guess this is the mobile version of Hex we were all promised but never received. Is Red and Blue going to have guilds and raids like they promised for Hex but never delivered? I haven't thought about Hex in awhile but this announcement has genuinely made me angry. Seriously, fuck Corey Jones, Cryptozoic/Hex Entertainment and the horse they rode in on.
    ZulikaGdemamiThupliValdheim

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• ZulikaZulika Member UncommonPosts: 61
    I do not log in often, but I want to +1 the 2 posts above me.

This is first studio I took note of the names of those making the calls to ensure I would not support anything they are involved in going forward.
    ThupliGdemamiValdheimbcbully
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Yeah, dis they ever get any pve figured out? I've been looking for one...found Lord of the Rings living card game, but thought Hex had some...but it doesn't seem to.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited January 2020
    I will not touch anything made by the Hex studio ever again, its the only studio where I have this policy. 

- kickstarter pledge / rewards not useable with the Steam client after all those years.
    - deleting your account halfway through the Hex life cycle unless you figure out their notification on time (this happened to everybody)
    - getting the guarantee you can get your account back when you contact customer support who then take several weeks to respond to your tickets.
    - and then are completely unable to help you with anything so you are screwed.
    - not paying players the money they won in tournaments.
    - 50% of features promised never delivered.
    - etc.
    - etc.

The worst part? The game is/was pretty cool actually. But never again for me.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

GdemamiValdheimGinaz
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

I hate to be the one, but I hope this fails in spite of them taking me and 4 friends money and never finishing HEX. I am still pissed off at them taking our money and never giving us our game we was promised.

i crowdfunded a few games years ago and learned my lesson they never do what they promise i will never crowdfund agame again they are all liar scum!
    GdemamiValdheim
  • jimmywolfjimmywolf Member UncommonPosts: 292
    edited January 2020
    loved the concept, art and lore of hex but they were very incompetent handling the game. PVE sold me on the game which they largely ignored and then they went and double down trying get $$$ from pvp drafts, also drag their feet for years and sold KS packages that they did not want honor, so how do you fix all that? just start new game on mobile were players are more forgiving and it easier to get ads money or even $$$ and act like hex never existed.

be very wary and spend nothing or your be rewarding scummy tactics and feeding the beast that leads to more of the endless F2P crap with heavy cash shops were already dealing with.
    Thupli

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178
    Fuck these guys.
  • rasuXrasuX Member CommonPosts: 4
    Another only Phone company? NO, TY ... i am not KID .
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Never played Hex but I do remember a humble bundle or something giving me a bunch of DLC for it and I never used it or even tried the game. 

It really sucks when companies don't finish what they started and jump into another venture, especially when they crowdfunded the original.