Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation Shares Development of Dunewing - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageAshes of Creation Shares Development of Dunewing - MMORPG.com

The Ashes of Creation team has shared some insight and lore behind the creation of the Dunewing, their latest creature.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MazenealMazeneal Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Two months later:
    Intrepid releases 'Creation of the Plainstail a three tailed hovering snake'

/sigh
    AlomarAzaron_Nightbladeacidblood
  • jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237
    I dont see the point of having four wings at all, not in a visual way or in a functionable way. Why? It isnt even cooler than a two winged falkon?!
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Maybe they can make a game for that bird to live in?
    AlomarAcalexCacolacoAzaron_Nightbladesausagemixacidblood

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    Great they are developing one model every 4 months in 60 years the game will be ready
    RemyVorenderPirrayamcd6993
  • mandark91mandark91 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    The team that does videos is different than the team that actually creates these models. They might as well have developed 40 creatures in between this post and the previous one.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't think the guy has the right management skills to complete this game and wow the entire community. I still think it will be far before we can actually see this game out and most importantly, this being a fun game to play but I don't see any reason in blaming the guys making the videos and not the team that is responsible for the actual game development.
  • DatcydeDatcyde Member UncommonPosts: 573
    Stop giving these companies money, they will feed on it , they arent relentless in anyway shape or form.
    Pirrayasausagemix
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    ok, that's selling dreams!
    but i cant imagine the time for only a bird while they have to release an entire game...
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Taking the star citizen approach i see
  • bng28bng28 Member UncommonPosts: 102

Remali said:

Great they are developing one model every 4 months in 60 years the game will be ready

Ill never understand why people think that what the dev's decide to show is all they have been working on and the only thing theyve completed in x amount of time. Happens when any developer decides to show anything.

I'm not defending AoC and the showcasing they have put forth but ffs use some critical thinking.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited January 2020
    And here I was hoping to see more limited time cosmetic bundles I could purchase for a game that doesn't exist.....I mean cosmetics for the battle royale! Yeah that's right!
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Imho these guys have the best KS model out of SC and CoE
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    bng28 said:

Remali said:

Ill never understand why people think that what the dev's decide to show is all they have been working on and the only thing theyve completed in x amount of time. Happens when any developer decides to show anything.

I'm not defending AoC and the showcasing they have put forth but ffs use some critical thinking.
    Um... because in all likelihood they'd show off something more than the umpteenth animal model then...? Especially as a crowdfunded title that's highly dependent on impressing people to keep the funding flowing...

I don't think this is a good sign at all. Since it's been a year now of showing off horses, armadillos and other models like it.

At first when I read this title, I thought they were finally showing off a zone or something...

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• bng28bng28 Member UncommonPosts: 102

bng28 said:

Remali said:

Um... because in all likelihood they'd show off something more than the umpteenth animal model then...? Especially as a crowdfunded title that's highly dependent on impressing people to keep the funding flowing...

I don't think this is a good sign at all. Since it's been a year now of showing off horses, armadillos and other models like it.

At first when I read this title, I thought they were finally showing off a zone or something...

The title of an article is up to MMORPG.com im sure.

I understand they are crowdfunded and they rely largely and almost entirely on that crowd to fund their game, so you want to appease them as you would some sort of share holder in your company. The reality of this is, backers of crowd funded projects are not share holders, they are donators. The company is not obligated to show us anything, in fact. So, you didnt really address my post's point. Which was mostly focusing on that if they arent showing you want you want (you as in general not you personally) then they must not be making the game at all or making any progress. Which to me, doesnt seem to connect the dots.

I have been following AoC loosely and i get it, they have shown nothing but animal models for however long, and thats not really progress or appeasing to some peoples undying need to be in the loop of development when they arent a part of the company. Pissing and moaning wont change it.

But my point here was never whether or not what they are doing is or isnt good for their development. It's that people take any information that's released and chalk it up to WOW.. thats ALL youve done in x months? Thats an unreasonable conclusion to jump to in my opinion.

I follow pantheon fairly close, and their backers do it too on the forums. When the written news letters came out people would scoff at what they put out like, huhmph pft hmph pffph seriously this is it you guys? Back to an aforementioned point, we as the consumer are not obligated to receive any of this information, regardless of funding method. None of this is to say that you shouldnt provide detailed insights to development of a crowdfunded game, i believe you should, you definitely should.
  • JeffSpicoli214JeffSpicoli214 Newbie CommonPosts: 11
    All we get are more developer videos talking about all the work being put into the game. Really? Let's see then.
    bng28
  • JeffSpicoli214JeffSpicoli214 Newbie CommonPosts: 11
    AOC = Vaporware
    bng28