Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Galactic Guide

2»

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited September 2019
    Kefo said:
    Again its you guys reposting CI marketing material over and over, critics making fun of it, and fans defending it tooth and nail until CI is able to implement something that is cobbled together and then fans turning around and gloating that critics were wrong ignoring that it may have taken years to figure out something simple
    Nah the game lives by its own merits despite "critics" obsession to discredit it in every possible imaginable way. In fact, the fans have a game to play as it develops, despite your pretending it "doesn't exist", it sets the standard for who is stuck on a loop here.

This is something I've complained about numerous times over the years. There is very little talk about the actual game, it's all contextless screenshots, marketing reposts and basically advertising. The subreddit and Spectrum are just the same, always the same old crap and pointless speculation about living a second life in something which may, or may not, be finished 50 years from now :)
    People on this forum are vast majority don't care about the game, they just care about drama, and the fact what drives a big chunk of the forum activity is posters grinding axes against other posters, not the actual game. When posts on the actual game releases, mechanics and such happen, the usuals don't show up.

The official sub and such has far more discussion, it still has a lot of content in terms of the usual visual screen/video that guess what people enjoy the visual aspect of SC that stands by its own merit, and discussion, even criticism when it's not beating years old dead horses. Here it's mostly trash talk and/or hyperbole, the moment the tone changes in hostility, everyone gets polarized and sane discourse goes out the window.
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited September 2019
    Kefo said:
    It's kinda impossible to discuss the actual game when 99% of the game doesn’t exist yet  B)
    Fixed it for you
    It doesn't exist in the hard drive of the 99% of those who don't play it because they never bought it I guess, still it seems they can't stop thinking about it lol

Star Citizen hype spares no one  :D

Also sharing lore, info, pics and videos from the community playing the game in a video-game forum is now considered marketing material :D

Oh that's right, we should be posting about some loan or lawsuit and everything else that has nothing to do with video-games to support the collapse theories to ease the pain of some guys who can't stop obsessing with seeing this game fail lol

And Ding! Another Million!  B)
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    It's kinda impossible to discuss the actual game when 99% of the game doesn’t exist yet  B)
    Fixed it for you
    It doesn't exist in the hard drive of the 99% of those who don't play it because they never bought it I guess, still it seems they can't stop thinking about it lol

Star Citizen hype spares no one  :D

Also sharing lore, info, pics and videos from the community playing the game in a video-game forum is now considered marketing material :D

Oh that's right, we should be posting about some loan or lawsuit and everything else that has nothing to do with video-games to support the collapse theories to ease the pain of some guys who can't stop obsessing with seeing this game fail lol

And Ding! Another Million!  B)
    Plenty of things we can point to about the lies and broken promises of this game without having to resort to your favourite boogeyman Derek Smart. It’s also not an obsession to see this game fail but for people looking to buy it have a different viewpoint presented to them instead of the glut of videos and screenshots you love to flood into the forum and pretend like everything is perfect when the reality is things like walking through doorways will murder you faster than other players
    You talk about lies and broken promises while lying and breaking promises lol

Spoken truly as someone who never played the game and the sole intention is to chastise those who do or are interested in doing it.

I'm not sure what the endgame is but considering that the game keeps getting more and more players and making millions in the process I don't think it's working lol...

Whenever you need a guided tour just ask, I'll walk you through all the doorways we can get! :D
    Babuinix said:
    You talk about lies and broken promises while lying and breaking promises lol

Spoken truly as someone who never played the game and the sole intention is to chastise those who do or are interested in doing it.

I'm not sure what the endgame is but considering that the game keeps getting more and more players and making millions in the process I don't think it's working lol...

Whenever you need a guided tour just ask, I'll walk you through all the doorways we can get! :D
    Care to point out what lies and promises I have broken?
    NorseGod
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Erillion said:
    It’s even more funny that I recently posted in another thread a spreadsheet of optimal trade routes in Star Citizen compiled by players - and the usual suspects declared the information to be of little use (to state it mildly). While in THIS thread there are comments that no one talks about such things (it is not true, but that is their claim). So .... damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Have fun

Because your one example nulifies all the other discussion not about actual in-game stuff.

Keep on playing Erillion.
    NorseGod
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Babuinix said:
    It's kinda useless to discuss the actual game when 99% of the posters dont play it. B)
    So you're agreeing that the posts on this forum basically equate to shilling for CIG.

Keep on playing Babuinix.
    NorseGodBabuinix
    edited September 2019
    Babuinix said:
    It's kinda useless to discuss the actual game when 99% of the posters dont play it. B)
    So you're agreeing that the posts on this forum basically equate to shilling for CIG.

Nah that's just another crazy theory  made to justify that strange obsession with Star Citizen by turning anything positive into negativity and drama.

I'll happily post game media that I find interesting as I'll will happily give advice about the game or post info that help  debunk the many lies and misconceptions spreaded in bad faith or just from sheer igorance/trolling.

I'm happy with the game's development, I like it's direction and I enjoy playing  what already is available to play and sharing it with others.

Like most gamers I focus on the games I like and ignore the ones I dont.

I dont go around the foruns of other games telling their player base they shouldn't like it or that they are idiots for liking it 

But to each it's own I guess. :)
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

Nah that's just another crazy theory  made to justify that strange obsession with Star Citizen by turning anything positive into negativity and drama.

I'll happily post game media that I find interesting as I'll will happily give advice about the game or post info that help  debunk the many lies and misconceptions spreaded in bad faith or just from sheer igorance/trolling.

I'm happy with the game's development, I like it's direction and I enjoy playing  what already is available to play and sharing it with others.

I dont go around the foruns of other games telling their player base they shouldn't like it or that they are idiots for liking it 

No you just tell anyone who criticizes this game that they are idiots and don’t understand game dev.
    NorseGod
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

No you just tell anyone who criticizes this game that they are idiots and don’t understand game dev.
    I can certainly point out a lot of remarks that could be considered "idiotic" but I wouldn't go as far as calling the person idiot even if I thought so that would be rude and against the rules of this forum.

Every game goes through the same things Star Citizen is going through, just usually at a smaller scale and within higher secrecy :)

The fact that Star Citizen has such a high profile and open development puts it in the limelight for the good and the worst, yes more attention more funding but also more scrutiny from the masses that most likely are first timers experiencing seeing the sausage get made. It's not supposed to be a smooth process, no great game has a painless delivery. It's the nature of the beast :)

If it was easy to make a game as ambitious as Star Citizen bigger and richer studios with more experienced dev's would have done it by now.

But they haven't, so here we are enjoying the alpha and it's updates. B)
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    The "Idris" frigate got its name from the Idris System

"Idris IV [Locke]

Rachel Locke fled into the mountains of Idris IV following the invasions of the First Tevarin War. Though she had no official military training, she led the resistance movement known as the Greys that terrorized the Tevarin invaders. Following the war, the Governor’s Council honored her leadership and heroism by naming the planet after her."

Have fun