Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Falcon Northwest TLX Laptop: Gaming Domination (Benchmarks) - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageFalcon Northwest TLX Laptop: Gaming Domination (Benchmarks) - MMORPG.com

Welcome back to our series on the Falcon Northwest TLX. We introduced this outstanding gaming laptop last month in our “I’ll take the RTX 2080 to go, please” feature. While that article was focused on my first impressions, this week we’re digging into gaming performance. How does the combination of the i7-9750H, 32GB of 2666 MHz DDR4, and an RTX 2080 Max-Q perform in modern AAA games? Let’s dig in.

Read the full story here

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Never mind the laptop itself. How hot does the nuclear reactor powering that laptop get?
    Laptops or even desktops don't use that much power as compared to some other household appliances.  Refrigerators, dishwashers, microwaves, ovens, and especially clothes dryers can use a lot more power when they're running than most desktops under heavy gaming loads ever will.

You can get a relative estimate on the basis of how much the appliance heats up the room.  Electricity used equals heat output.  That's just conservation of energy.
  • GameByNightGameByNight Hardware and Technology EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 793

OG_Zorvan said:

Never mind the laptop itself. How hot does the nuclear reactor powering that laptop get?

Meaning the brick? Not bad, actually. I usually have it right next to me on the couch so it doesn't torque the plug and it gets warm but no more.
    [Deleted User]
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Could be interesting to see results of 2070 variant. 2080 laptop is a bit too much for my budget.

Thank you for your time!

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I have a birthday coming up. Just sayin.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests