Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Current thoughts on how and when SoTA will shut down

124»

Comments

• ScorpaScorpa Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    I am not sure whether they are going down for the count anytime this year at least considering they have that new expansion coming out pretty soon, not to mention they have really vamped up the game since I bought the beta test version so it will all depend on this coming expansion I guess, I am going to buy it just to check it out.
  • DracSchniderDracSchnider Member UncommonPosts: 223
    The game will be around for a long time.  I have been saying that for a while along with others in there.  there is just a few people that need to grow up in life that have mental health issues with obsession of trying to convince others to see it as a bad thing.  I love the game and its been getting better all the time.   I invest in this game (ie. buying store stuff and crowns now for skins.) happy as happy can be with the direction and content coming in.  new bard class coming in 3 days :)  and ep2 land opening up with old ulf and people getting to put maps towns down.  I think they will actually get all 5 maybe more episodes out.  look at UO it still kicking till this day.  Servers and all is catnips now and Chris is doing a bang up job on getting things done.  2 new employee's on top of the existing team.  I got to play on QA today and played with player NPC dialog stuff using inky that is going to open a lot of doors for player stuff excited :)
    Hillturinal_goose
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    The game will be around for a long time.  I have been saying that for a while along with others in there.  there is just a few people that need to grow up in life that have mental health issues with obsession of trying to convince others to see it as a bad thing.  I love the game and its been getting better all the time.   I invest in this game (ie. buying store stuff and crowns now for skins.) happy as happy can be with the direction and content coming in.  new bard class coming in 3 days :)  and ep2 land opening up with old ulf and people getting to put maps towns down.  I think they will actually get all 5 maybe more episodes out.  look at UO it still kicking till this day.  Servers and all is catnips now and Chris is doing a bang up job on getting things done.  2 new employee's on top of the existing team.  I got to play on QA today and played with player NPC dialog stuff using inky that is going to open a lot of doors for player stuff excited :)
    Ahhh, here comes DracSchnider, insulting people because they don't like his chosen game.  There's an old saying that I keep bringing up on here, because I see people doing it all the time, and I'm probably guilty of it myself:  If you can't defeat the argument, attack the person.  It's an attempt to distract from what they're saying and undermine their credibility.
    urinal_goose
  • Reginald_VelJohnsonReginald_VelJohnson Newbie CommonPosts: 4
    there is just a few people that need to grow up in life that have mental health issues with obsession of trying to convince others to see it as a bad thing. 
    Using mental health problems as an insult is extremely childish and an example of pernicious ableism. Please, don't.
    tweedledumb99urinal_goose
  • bwwianakievbwwianakiev Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Geeky said:
    I log in often.  Too often my wife would say.  I enjoy the adventure of it.  It's a large world and I don't know much of it.  So its fun for me to go and find a new area and a new mob to see if it'll kill me or I it.
    As a seasoned UO player. I am not sure what the appeal is of SOTA. I play ESO and that honestly reminds me more of a new school UO and the PVE is amazing. Sota looks like it was made in 2002.
  • HilltHillt Member UncommonPosts: 72
    LOL Good ole Vlad! 
    Ep2 was supposed to come out early last year and it hasn't. Since then Richard has sold the game off to the only person who would buy it. All of the devs work part time except the two new out-of-work players who they hired. 

Star Long has now turned over his duties to the player CM. So yeah this game is doing sooo well!! 
    Whatever happened to player dungeons being viable? That was started long ago and is only being used as an additional deco space. LUA implementation has taken a back burner again. Now you think Inky is going to work as intended? LOL You can't even upload a file with a decent size.  
    Kyleran
  • Xee2018Xee2018 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Lol another Year and still /going strong :) Now which one of you was going to eat their hat if it survived another year?  please link video as you owe me lol.

that said still loving the game even after the last 2 months of major balance rework, new zones and the major player crafted overhaul which was long time coming.  Next release comes one of the new large scale scenes and new mob type (spoiler) giants.   There was a very brief spoiler last Friday dev stream. 

Next release in a few weeks has more crafting changes which includes new imbued gems for crafting new gear for crafters as well adding in the rest of the remaining artifacts which can be broken down into special skill gems.

For those that don't play imbued gems added this last release and recipes which allow you to take artifacts and salvage them for a chance to remove its gem which can only be used in player crafted gear.  (think of the special abilities of the artifact being able to be pulled out into a gem)   

With all the new skill gems and the likes the options to customize characters even more and to specialize further allowing for many new deck options and load outs.

New programming Developer added to the team who has been working on UI stuff.   Many new changes already added including search features for quest journal, Recipe book and more.   new bag UI for most recent loot sort as well changes to many items allowing for better filtering to sort through everything faster.

Bug fixes galore! which is awesome now that they have a regular schedule of alternating releases between fixes and content.

Look forward as always to continue to see the game keep expanding.   With new Balance to all schools they now mentioned that they can start to finish the PVP side which was held back because of some over the top OP classes / items which now is all fixed :)

Cheers.

Xee of Silverdale

AlleineDragonfyre
  • Xee2018Xee2018 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Hillt said:
    LOL Good ole Vlad! 
    Ep2 was supposed to come out early last year and it hasn't. Since then Richard has sold the game off to the only person who would buy it. All of the devs work part time except the two new out-of-work players who they hired. 

Star Long has now turned over his duties to the player CM. So yeah this game is doing sooo well!! 
    Whatever happened to player dungeons being viable? That was started long ago and is only being used as an additional deco space. LUA implementation has taken a back burner again. Now you think Inky is going to work as intended? LOL You can't even upload a file with a decent size.  
    ep2 did start last year as early development.  release will not be for another year or 2 I think.   

As to Player dungeons Ravolox this next release is to be pushing out new tech for them and a lot more dungeon construction sets.   Still no word though on when phase 2 of the Player NPC stuff will come into play.   If anything I learnt over 7 years about SOTA is that we do get everything they state but timeframes are never given so what one may think is coming soon may end up months down the road.   

Inky was expanded already twice since your last post with number of lines expanded significantly.  still no emote options or give/take items which I am hopeful that maybe some of the new dungeon stuff may have some new inky stuff.

LUA is no longer back burner, they added a bunch more connectors for it this last patch and more coming.   There is now some really amazing Lua mods including a new buff monitor that was recently added :)

AlleineDragonfyre
  • AlleineDragonfyreAlleineDragonfyre Member UncommonPosts: 9
    edited March 2023
    Welp, this didn't age well. :p
    (i couldn't resist...3 years later)
    Post edited by AlleineDragonfyre on
    Avatars Radio - Radio of the Avatars!
    Broadcasting in the Metaverse
  • paco_magillicuddypaco_magillicuddy Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Welp, this didn't age well. :p
    (i couldn't resist...3 years later)
    Nope, the game is still limping along sadly, propped up by gullible whales who are living on dreams.