Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: A Dangerous Foe Appears – Drakkar!

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageGuild Wars 2: A Dangerous Foe Appears – Drakkar!

Guild Wars 2 players are currently knee deep in the icy depths of the Icebrood Saga. Today launches the next episode of the narrative, and will pit players against a known enemy that has become more dangerous than anyone could have imagined. A battle with Drakkar is on the horizon, do you have what it takes to join the hunt and defeat him? Our hands-on playtest will help you answer that question.

Read the full story here

Comments

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848
    edited January 2020
    GW2 sure does stink like Drakkar Noir PS - that's a joke .... or is it?
    bamwalla
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Wow. I've been pretty disconnected from the game lately, but Drakkar is a bit of Guild Wars 1 nostalgia that actually clicks with me.

The whole Drakkar Lake/Nornbear lore was one of the more fascinating/dark bits of ingame lore in Eye of the North, and an old favorite map of mine.

Also, I hope they carry over the Monty Python rabbit reference in the GW2 version of the map. Would be a great throwback.
    Amathemaskedweasel
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Aeander said:
    Wow. I've been pretty disconnected from the game lately, but Drakkar is a bit of Guild Wars 1 nostalgia that actually clicks with me.

The whole Drakkar Lake/Nornbear lore was one of the more fascinating/dark bits of ingame lore in Eye of the North, and an old favorite map of mine.

Also, I hope they carry over the Monty Python rabbit reference in the GW2 version of the map. Would be a great throwback.
    I always thought Drakkar was a dragon though.  I guess he's not?  

edited January 2020
    Aeander said:

He's a dragon champion (the first dragon champion to ever be shown, if memory serves) that was frozen beneath drakkar lake. He is responsible for removing Jora's powers and turning Svanir into the Nornbear. 
    maskedweaselbotrytis
  • momintimmomintim Member UncommonPosts: 108

Aeander said:

Aeander said:

He's a dragon champion (the first dragon champion to ever be shown, if memory serves) that was frozen beneath drakkar lake. He is responsible for removing Jora's powers and turning Svanir into the Nornbear. 

I think The Great Destroyer would considered the second after Drakkar.
    edited January 2020
    momintim said:

Aeander said:

Aeander said:

I think The Great Destroyer would considered the second after Drakkar.
    Agreed. Though it is a matter of player perspective. Drakkar comes first, but you do need to actively try to get a close look at him.

Also, not sure if the Nornbear himself counts as one. The wiki says yes. That could change the appearance order (and it would make the Nornbear the first).
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Just wait until Fi, Fi, and Fum show up.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Oh, how could I forget Glint. She definitely comes first, but it's hard to think of her as one seeing as how she is independent and allied.
    maskedweasel
  • MaridMarid Member UncommonPosts: 128
    MmMm...I love the smell of Drakkar!
    [Deleted User]