Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The mmoRPG..

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
This is the only MMORPG thats more RPG then MMO?
and i love it for that..

there is absolutely no reason to do any progression. No dailies, just me enjoying the world.
all i do is explore, enjoy quests and stories, do some PvP and love doing dungeons
its the most immersive MMORPG, even the relatively simple combat system adds to my immersion..

sure the graphics are typically elder scrolls.. there are many unnatural things when you wander trough the woods
and combat in the open world should be much more challenging,,,
but when ever i play ESO, i am a different player, my old RPG spirit has revived..
and it makes me reel happy... no musts... just do the things i want..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Iselin[Deleted User]Octagon7711

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited January 2020
    Glad you're enjoying it. I got sort of burnt out on it after several years of playing it daily so I found myself getting annoyed by small things that didn't bother me much before. I'm currently on a break of several months but almost ready to go back.

It's not just players that like what you like who enjoy it. A lot of MMOs try to be everything to everyone and very few come even close to pulling that off but ESO does it better than most.

There's a very large world with a lot of different biomes to explore, top notch stories in a variety of quests, raids for raiders (even a very unique solo raid for solo players looking for a challenge,) good 24/7 large scale PvP, small scale PvP matches and more dungeons for both non-instanced and instanced group play than you shake a stick at.

IMO, it's the best one out there at the moment.
    Octagon7711
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     ESO is a great game for the Exlporer in you ..
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    This game is so enjoyable as I love questing and exploration.  They keep adding content I haven't even gotten to yet and that's a good thing. :smile:

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    I'm am also glad to hear it is filling a need for you.  I sound like a broken record but I cant play ESO again unless they reverse the bow changes.  You can no longer draw and hold a bow, it works like a gun now :(.  Very un-Elder Scrolls like.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Honestly DDO is the most RPG of any MMO.....but it's too outdated for most.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I enjoyed every game in the Elder Scrolls series more than ESO...To me it was the worst of the lot, but we could all play at the same time....That was it's only benefit...Everything else, it did worse.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    There is only one reason why i leave ESO everytime after some fun weeks..
    as much as i enjoy its feel free playstyle
    after some time i start missing the progression..
    sure there is new builds and new gear but thats not enough
    and yes i love the story progression... but thats not enough..

there was champion points, but thats maxed out for all chars..
    and skyshards? An afternoon farm on a new character?

no, other games have deeper progression
    and strangely after some time i start missing this..

how much progression do you need?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)