Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World Community Q&A Looks at PvP

1235»

Comments

• DatcydeDatcyde Member UncommonPosts: 573
    edited January 2020
    Balanced PvP means that there is a PvP gain and a PvP loss, don’t drop loot on loss that’s fine but at least lose some freakin EXP come on now, I would also put a chance on loot drop rate on loss with a low percentage that you can’t drop 1-3 Items, it’s like the devs never played PvP games before IDE also like to add that everyone Likes PVE.
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    Given that the industry (MMORPG) moved away from open-world pvp should be enough to refute any comment you've ever made in support to ow pvp. 

If you still need to scratch that itch, there's like a hundred battle-royale games out there, lol. And they are a lot more fun than OW MMORPG PvP. Even I play Apex Legends as a main game right now due to limited free time lol.

Two of the most anticipated MMOs being developed are PvP based. Crowfall and Camelot Unchained. Most of the other games in development have people heavily interested in how PvP will be handled because they want PvP.

Datcyde said:
    Balanced PvP means that there is a PvP gain and a PvP loss, don’t drop loot on loss that’s fine but at least lose some freakin EXP come on now, I would also put a chance on loot drop rate on loss with a low percentage that you can’t drop 1-3 Items, it’s like the devs never played PvP games before IDE also like to add that everyone Likes PVE.

You don't have to have personal loss to have balanced PvP. A loss can revolve around territory by losing a keep or tower. You can have successful PvP revolve around gains. I kill you, I get exp... you don't necessarily have to lose exp to make the experience worth it for me. I think most people would be open to PvP if it revolved around gains and not losses.

DAoC had a great all reward, no personal loss PvP setup.
  • ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 135

Nope. "Flagging" for PvP should be done immediately upon entering a PvP zone, which should be separate from the PvE zone. It's pretty irritating having a bunch of unattackable PvE players in the middle of a PvP battle.

I think that's awesome.
    Having a rest on my journey throughout the land while eating popcorn and watching PvPers getting killed ? PRICELESS !!!
    "Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
    ― Terry Pratchett,