Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Expansion: Shadowlands

FishForceFishForce Member UncommonPosts: 60
edited December 2019 in World of Warcraft
There has not been any news or topic, so how do you feel about this new exspansion pack? 

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/shadowlands

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    After BFA expecting it to be a steaming pile of crap....until proved otherwise.
    [Deleted User]dragonlee66
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • FishForceFishForce Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Ah sorry, not sure if that has been on the main page?

But i have not seen a topic on it?
    Tokken
  • PutrefeePutrefee Member UncommonPosts: 46
    edited January 2020
    I walked away from a well developed live account to play classic, but i have barely been playing lately. I think WoW ran it's cycle for me. 

Shadowland's news has not been enough to entice my interest yet. 
    gervaise1
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    they better fix playing alts in the new expansion....
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,823
    Horusra said:
    I'm pretty sure you will still be able to play alt characters in the expansion.

So, nothing needs to be fixed.
    Xiaoki said:
    Horusra said:

Yes...no more cloaks, weapons, Necklaces, etc...that have to be leveled that keep one from effectively playing alts unless it is account leveling for items.
    Putrefee
  • phoenixfire2phoenixfire2 Member UncommonPosts: 228
    Well BfA was the worst/laziest expansion, even worse than WoD for me so they have some making up to do.  I don't have high hopes for Shadowlands, not going to preorder, going to wait for 1-2 months until the verdict is in and I can see if it's the same exact loop as it's been for awhile or if there's anything fresh and new that might be enticing.
  • bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Horusra said:
    Xiaoki said:
    Horusra said:

Yes...no more cloaks, weapons, Necklaces, etc...that have to be leveled that keep one from effectively playing alts unless it is account leveling for items.

I only have 2 alts at the max level and I'm not really into repeating stuff I've done recently on my main so I don't really play multiple characters at the endgame level, but with the way they increase item levels with every content patch and boost azerite power to make it easier to play catchup, my alts' necklaces were like instantly level 60+  when they hit 120. 

I definitely preferred the artifact weapons because at least each class had different ones that had unique quests attached to them. 

As for Shadowlands talk, I don't think there's much to discuss until it's released. They're effectively trying to reset the game with the level crunch, so it'll be interesting to see if they're at all successful with it. It could be the beginning of the end for WoW if done poorly. 
    bonzoso21 said:
    Horusra said:
    Xiaoki said:
    Horusra said:

I only have 2 alts at the max level and I'm not really into repeating stuff I've done recently on my main so I don't really play multiple characters at the endgame level, but with the way they increase item levels with every content patch and boost azerite power to make it easier to play catchup, my alts' necklaces were like instantly level 60+  when they hit 120. 

I definitely preferred the artifact weapons because at least each class had different ones that had unique quests attached to them. 

As for Shadowlands talk, I don't think there's much to discuss until it's released. They're effectively trying to reset the game with the level crunch, so it'll be interesting to see if they're at all successful with it. It could be the beginning of the end for WoW if done poorly. 
    enjoy your new corrupted items that you can not wear unless you invest time in leveling your cloak and essences.
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Horusra said:

New expansion seems to be so far heavily alt focused.
    Tokken
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Altaholic gaming is so EQ and so old,never was a good design and NEVER made any sense.it is like telling a person in real life they can only do one thing,yeah exactly they would look at you weird.So why devs keep making such bad decisions when designing their games,well i guess all we have to see is the many pvp  ideas that fail to realize,most devs are stubborn or dumb.

It is even more baffling in that Blizzard played EQ,their APPARENT claim...goal was to make a better EQ,so you know to fix the bad ideas,well they copied the bad ideas lol.
    No worries,i've seen so many bumbling ideas in all mmorpg's it is not relegated to just Blizzard.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    edited March 2020
    Putrefee said:
    I walked away from a well developed live account to play classic, but i have barely been playing lately. I think WoW ran it's cycle for me. 

Shadowland's news has not been enough to entice my interest yet. 

I feel you, wow ran its course with me years and years ago. Every single expansion since wrath i bought and in well under a month later i was done, just wouldn't click with me anymore.

All i could see was endless grid, too many quests, like i could see the content formula they use, which hasn't ever changed. Hard to explain but like every expansion was pretty much the exact same f'ing thing every time, zero differences.

Thinking i was done forever and BFA would have been my first "skip it altogether", my youngest son (teenager) wanted to play BFA but none of his friends were so i though wtf why not right.

Again BFA wasn't clicking still, and my son a regular flew way past me and then his friends came back and i was happy because i really wasn't into BFA, and quit.. again!

Somewhere in there after that i got on the classic train, and since i have always been 100% alliance right from launch day in 2004 i thought "i'm going to play horde" for once, and go RP.

I was so excited for classic i guess that i figured may as well test drive all that in retail before classic launches.

So playing horde first time and rp, grabbed my interest in that omg, i'd no idea where to go. much to learn that retail clicked a little for me, and since everyone under the sun thought legion was all that and a bag o chips i went through and got all the weps right up to finishing my class hall mount literally like a day or two before classic launched.

Classic launched met the right peeps and after many, many amazing months of classic memories and still going strong today, the peeps i am playing with wanted to check out 8.3, ok.

I know many call BFA a dumpster fire, but to me is the best expansion to date, maybe becasue i didn't play legion at prime but legion wasn't that great to me, atmosphere wise, BFA is amazing, and the fact i really got into MDI last year probably helped.

Overall I think going hard on classic maybe in some ways made me appreciate all the QOL features packed into retail, i mean i'm still playing classic much more but, surprise mother f*ckers i finally clicked with retail again?

Then hearing what is being done in Shadowlands has me totally pumped with how they are dealing with leveling as that was 100% my biggest grip with the game.

I stared fresh, brand new server, first wow rp, first time horde, and the leveling process was an absolutely laughable f'ing joke.

You could barely start into a zone of an expansion before ok off to the next expansion as everything is grayed the f out becasue you killed a mob, did all of legion as gray, and alts are a big part of mmo's for me.

Never say never i guess, never thought i'd be back into wow, ok mostly classic but still, retail under the same sub ain't a bad deal and to me Shadowlands with its new level squish and leveling process is already sounding like the expansion of expansions to me.

ATM (retail) my warlock literally melts anything in its way, my disc which is for lore isn't beefed up as it's for story but BFA story is very very good if you take the time to read it. Classic i'm still not level 60 lmao, getting close but between all my alts, i dunno that goal may never some to pass. Or right never say never :)
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    To me, making the pre-expansion level cap 50 and Shadowlands 'raising' the cap to 60 is just bad optics. People who haven't played for a while will wonder why the hell the cap is lower than classic. On top of that, we're going back to 'legion' with getting one ability from 50-60 (keep in mind that the first play through on a character, you won't get your covenant ability until 60, and then your alts can get theirs at 50), or maybe even worse, meaning they learned nothing yet again. Sure, alpha hasn't landed yet, but honestly if testing is anything like bfa, they'll already have their minds made up about game design and just use the 'testing' periods as free advertisement since we all know that alpha will be mainly for streamers/content creators.
  • AxxarAxxar Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Can’t say I am excited after any of the recent expansions.

I barely even log in to Classic anymore except to raid. The trouble is they have too many players on the servers so gathering for consumables is impossible. There are close to a hundred players just in Eastern Plaguelands for example. You can do multiple rounds of the entire zone and barely find any resources.

I would not be surprised if there were twice as many players or maybe even more on a server than was possible in Vanilla. They can’t even remake their old games correctly now. Reforged is another example of that.
  • jerrywowjerrywow Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Hope it'll not delayed by coronovirus
  • NarugNarug Member UncommonPosts: 756
    edited April 2020

I think about 10:30 with 10:55 listing what a new player would have on their plate currently, yes he does say established players won't have all this.

Thought I'd list what's on screen at 10:30 - 10:55 if no one feels like watching the video. (19:36 minute video)  I think you should it's informative.  

Daily:

World quests (7 zones)
    Emissary
    Mechagon quests
    Nazjatar quests
    Minor assault quests
    Major assault quests
    Mini-vision
    Table missions
    Warfront contribution
    Warfront world quests (2 zones)
    Incursion (every 19 hours)

Weekly:

Island expedition bar
    5 World bosses
    2 warfronts (2 different each)
    Ny'alotha (4 difficulties)
    Greater assault bar
    PvP conquest chest
    Call to arms (weekly)
    Mythic+ chest
    Adventure guide quest
    Against Over. odds (outnum.)
    Horrific Vision loot (8 tiers)

As he says do you have to do all these?  No but you'll feel inclined to.

About 17:00 - 17:50 is a nice touch if you ask me.

Add RNG, (video mentions RNG too) Add making things an esport and you have a game stripped of its former shell/soul.

Blizzard has quite a task ahead and I don't envy them in the slightest.

Edit:  Woops.  So I don't know if I'm excited about another expansion.

Edit:  Meh didn't realize OP's begin date...I jumped on it because was in recents.
    Post edited by Narug on

AC2 Player RIP Final Death Jan 31st 2017

Refugee of Auberean

Refugee of Dereth

• jerrywowjerrywow Member UncommonPosts: 27
    edited April 2021
    By the way, do u guys buy wow gold from some websites like Ssegold.com or G2G?
    Is that safe for the account?
    Post edited by jerrywow on
  • huailuluhuailulu Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    i'm composing this message just to inform u guys, if u strategy to acquire gold, simply hold it, its inefficient.

it's embarrassing, i ma easygoing pvp player, farming gold is the last thing i d in the past do. i have actually acquired gold for many times, however last Sunday, i bought 30k from a website, meaning to obtain a vial of the sands from ah. i thought bliz would not dig small amount bargains, it ends up i m inaccurate.

Bliz really took my by surprise, this Monday i got an ingame mail from customer assistance, after i assess the e-mail, thx god, it's simply warning, they didnt remove the gold as i invested in getting vial of sands, nonetheless i m sure they ll postponed or prohibit me if i do it once more, so i ll quit getting gold.

listed below is Blizzard's e-mail notice.

----- Forwarded Message -----
    To: ****** @outlook. com.
    Sent: Monday, April 15, 2020 12:34 AM.
    Topic: Wow - Notification Concerning Acquired Gold.

Introductions,.

Account Call: *********( my account, lol).

Taking into account some recent activity on your Wow account, we would certainly like make certain you acknowledge the negative influence that buying gold from third-party companies carries the World of Warcraft community-- in addition to the possible consequences for gamers that are uncovered to be making use of such remedies.

Daily, we encounter gamers who have really been victims of in-game fraudulences or whose Battle.net accounts have been taken, and also who visit someday to find their characters' supplies have actually been eliminated of gold as well as likewise other crucial products. The frustrating bulk of these scams and burglaries are conducted by deceptive third-party firms that sell swiped gold to other players genuine cash. Accounts of gamers that choose to get gold along with assistance these exploitive firms may be subject to a selection of account fees, including the removal of acquired gold so it can be gone back to the rightful individuality.

Third-party gold-selling companies usually prey upon specialized players-- typically including their very own clients-- regardless the interruption their activities create to the video game as well as also other World of Warcraft players. Inevitably, without players' support, these firms have no chance to proceed their dishonest tasks, which's why we urge the area to stay clear of using their remedies.

Included information on the negative impact of purchasing gold, along with some crucial details on precisely just how you can shield your account from theft, can be found on our web site at: http://us.battle.net/wow/services/anti/buy wow gold.

Thank you for helping us keep Wow a fun as well as likewise secure ambience for every one of our players.

Regards,.
    Blizzard Residence home entertainment.