Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon Ball Z Kakarot Review - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageDragon Ball Z Kakarot Review - MMORPG.com

Dragon Ball Z Kakarot has been billed as a new take on the DBZ RPG, putting you directly in the shoes of the iconic Z Fighters as you go through the story of the legendary anime. But, how does it hold up in practice? Here's our review.

Read the full story here

Comments

• mandark91mandark91 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    How is this related to MMORPGs?
    Start treating your audience with the content they have signed up for or just rename your website into SPONSORED games.
    XarkoWraith0
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041

mandark91 said:

Start treating your audience with the content they have signed up for or just rename your website into SPONSORED games.

Despite your joining date you seem to be new. Welcome!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    DrDream
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• MauroDiogoMauroDiogo Member UncommonPosts: 53
    "CONS
    -Some cutscene glitches where the characters slide out of the camera"

I haven't looked it up online because I just thought it was more funny than annoying but glad I'm not the only one who kept getting that glitch. Seeing the characters very slowly slide out of frame during cutscenes was funny.
    masterlordbrujoRellz
  • mandark91mandark91 Member UncommonPosts: 58

lahnmir said:

mandark91 said:

/Cheers,

Lahnmir

I don't know man... For the past few years this website is bombarded by trash content and sponsored shit not marked as sponsored. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one complaining about this.
    Raidonn
    Arterius said:
    I strongly disagree with this review. The game is pretty bad. A very lackluster RPG with a boring world that is barren, side quests are as boring as they get, and the combat is basically the same as the fighting games of the past.

The only stand out is the main story but since its word for word the anime its just old news. I don't really get what people are seeing in this game but compared to other RPG's and open world RPG's that came out this gen this game was just a chore to play.

Only got 15-20 hours in before quitting altogether. 4 maybe 5 out 10 at best for me
    Thanks for the insight, this was my impression as well based on previews etc.

Still, its disappointing after the excellent Fighter Z. I won’t go into Xenoverse..... bleh.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

• MalathoosMalathoos Member UncommonPosts: 199
    Weird that this got an 8 when i have only heard alot of negative stuff about this game. I dont mind the occasional single player but didn't they make a whole separate website for non mmo stuff?

mandark91 said:

lahnmir said:

mandark91 said:

/Cheers,

Lahnmir

I don't know man... For the past few years this website is bombarded by trash content and sponsored shit not marked as sponsored. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one complaining about this.
    You definitely aren’t, its just a pretty dead horse by now. And personally I don’t think its secretly sponsored, its just not about MMORPGs.

On the other hand, I have been very pleasantly surprised by the recent Tolkien and PAX articles which I thought were excellent.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

mandark91 said:

lahnmir said:

mandark91 said:

/Cheers,

Lahnmir

That isn't true at all. They blatantly mark the sponsored content. There just isn't enough interesting MMORPG news every single day so they include non MMO content, they have done this for the past 5+ years and you really don't have to click on it if it bugs you so much.
    Celcius
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    In a PC if you don't have a controller you are in for a headache
  • achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    edited January 2020
    The game has very poor controls and shorcut support for mouse and keyboard.
    Like mentoined above. It's like they didn't even try to make this game for M&K, but controllers only... Some of the attack animations are very repedetive also but with changed colors. If they really tried they could easily make a solid triple A DBZ game, but they never do sadly.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Arterius said:
    I strongly disagree with this review. The game is pretty bad. A very lackluster RPG with a boring world that is barren, side quests are as boring as they get, and the combat is basically the same as the fighting games of the past.

The only stand out is the main story but since its word for word the anime its just old news. I don't really get what people are seeing in this game but compared to other RPG's and open world RPG's that came out this gen this game was just a chore to play.

Only got 15-20 hours in before quitting altogether. 4 maybe 5 out 10 at best for me
    Bandai Namco. It's a rehash - rehash - rehash of the same combat and systems over and over again. I just stopped buying them. They change the IP, but whether it's My Hero Academia, or it's Dragon Ball, or whatever, it's always the same. 

They dressed this pig up the best they could but I could still tell it was a pig from a mile away.  That doesn't mean it isn't a sexier pig than most Bandai Namco pigs. 

• LukzfreshLukzfresh Member UncommonPosts: 125
    I was interested in playing it but after watching gameplay the first thing I noticed was... an empty canvas :) (world). So I passed. They should have pushed this game into the mmorpg. Imagine experiencing the same old story line with friends this time :)
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Lukzfresh said:
    I was interested in playing it but after watching gameplay the first thing I noticed was... an empty canvas :) (world). So I passed. They should have pushed this game into the mmorpg. Imagine experiencing the same old story line with friends this time :)
    i mean the anime was pretty empty 2 this actully has more
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

mandark91 said:

lahnmir said:

mandark91 said:

/Cheers,

Lahnmir

That isn't true at all. They blatantly mark the sponsored content. There just isn't enough interesting MMORPG news every single day so they include non MMO content, they have done this for the past 5+ years and you really don't have to click on it if it bugs you so much.

Imagine if they did only MMO content. We'd have an article once a month.
    Panther2103
  • halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 535
    The game felt super clunky to me - even flying around in the overworld was kind of bothersome. I refunded it, but I'm glad others are enjoying it.