Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My chip on the "Mood Piece"

ZeekPlayzZeekPlayz Member UncommonPosts: 27
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0810949520/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=0810949520&link_code=as3&tag=robebaja-20

Above is SBS, below is the actual house.

Now lets show the similarities. Red is clear copy, blue is "minor edit":

That amazon link also shows the original copyright of the house's design/owner, although it was made by Dave Rondell (dead).

"Mood Piece" seems to be stolen from a treehouse 30 minutes from their studio (Redmond, Washington). Sorry for the late post but I thought I'd at least put my chip on this.
Ungood

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Already discussed in another thread.

Interesting that they deleted the piece and all comments once they were caught.
    GdemamiKylerantweedledumb99

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    How hard is it to conceptualize a tree house? They couldn't pull that out of their imaginations?
    GdemamiKyleranScottweedledumb99

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    I still think this game could be a scam, not sure.
    GdemamiPutrefee
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    I visit their forums every once 3/4 months, and every time I take a quick glimpse, I'm amused by the lack of substance and the constant sales they have going on.

This, though, is just fucking sad and demoralizing for the backers
    OrangeBoy said:
    I visit their forums every once 3/4 months, and every time I take a quick glimpse, I'm amused by the lack of substance and the constant sales they have going on.

I dunno. I think it potentially could just be a test by Caspien so he can gain data on how emotionally invested people will react to ever increasingly ludicrous development revelations. Maybe there is a plan to publish a psychology paper at some point...

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    OrangeBoy said:

I dunno. I think it potentially could just be a test by Caspien so he can gain data on how emotionally invested people will react to ever increasingly ludicrous development revelations. Maybe there is a plan to publish a psychology paper at some point...

Or start his own cult.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Looks like a chip of the old photo to me. :)
  • SilverTonguedSilverTongued Member UncommonPosts: 47
    The term “ape-shit” fits well here. 

I see I got a mild warning since my last visit. Probably because I was a big meany. 

Sick and tired of this baby society. You guys have got it so good that when it gets rough, you’re not used to it. So you gotta warn the big meany’s before they get too mean.

Kylerantweedledumb99ultimateduckstrawhat0981[Deleted User]

I see I got a mild warning since my last visit. Probably because I was a big meany. 

Sick and tired of this baby society. You guys have got it so good that when it gets rough, you’re not used to it. So you gotta warn the big meany’s before they get too mean.

Did you have something to contribute to the topic?
    tweedledumb99RenGinGin

Who do you think gave you a warning, us?

It was the moderators here and I'm pretty sure your warning states what they didn't like.

This site gives a lot of leeway, so much so its considered nothing but a den of trolls by many.

But don't you worry your pretty little head, most of us here have no issue when things get fired up, sort of what we live for.

>:)
    tweedledumb99[Deleted User]

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Yea my contribution is re-read your posts as if you’re Greta Thunberg. If the tone fits, change it to come across as less whiney. 

No the site gives little leeway. What could I have said that’s offensive or affects people’s feelings? Any examples?
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Yea my contribution is re-read your posts as if you’re Greta Thunberg. If the tone fits, change it to come across as less whiney. 

No the site gives little leeway. What could I have said that’s offensive or affects people’s feelings? Any examples?
    I don’t know man, maybe change your own tone instead of asking others to attune to you? You came in here whining with a couple of insults to boot. So far your entire contribution boils down to ‘you guys are wrong and stupid,’ hardly an achievement. And when you get a warning because of it you whine and insult a bit more, you have only yourself to blame really. Pointing at others is easier though, I get it.

Perhaps you are in the wrong place? I am sure you do great on Reddit. Not so much here, we’re adults.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

KyleranPutrefee
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I was BAITED in by the developer for about a week.Not really TOO stupid of me because really it was a NEW game,so why wouldn't i take interest or at least see what they have to offer.

I became VERY skeptical when i heard mention the game would be funded by a i think was a $5 dollar death penalty.Then there was mention on how death might be a benefit so the entire setup began to sound sketchy.

Then about 2 weeks later i began to realize the game was BS,perhaps an attempt to get an investor on board and using us as the bait.Since i have come to the conclusion,they will not get an investor and that there is little to no chance there will ever be a game of quality.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

lahnmir said:

I don’t know man, maybe change your own tone instead of asking others to attune to you? You came in here whining with a couple of insults to boot. So far your entire contribution boils down to ‘you guys are wrong and stupid,’ hardly an achievement. And when you get a warning because of it you whine and insult a bit more, you have only yourself to blame really. Pointing at others is easier though, I get it.

Perhaps you are in the wrong place? I am sure you do great on Reddit. Not so much here, we’re adults.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Don’t get sucked into the false flag.
    lahnmirKyleran

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Yeah, you’re right. I just find false flags even worse then trolls, it just makes no sense.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

edited January 2020
    lahnmir said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Yeah, you’re right. I just find false flags even worse then trolls, it just makes no sense.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Just another method to get a rise and seek attention which is at the heart of many (most?) forms of trolling.
    tweedledumb99

You’re right I do whine about how soft society has become. It seems that the easier life is, the less developed we are as characters. So in this instance, it’s the trivial things that gets us worked up. 
    tweedledumb99
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    edited January 2020
    I don't get the problem here. The used a house they liked as a model for something in game and people are upset? The original house looks cool. The in game rendition looks cool. Everyone gets inspitation from something.

I seem to have a permanent yellow band with "Warning Exclamation Triangle Clip Art at Clkercom Medium" written in it. While I will admit they gave me a lot of leeway, it appeared they gave the person who trolled me into a ban a little more.

It's just one of those things. It's their site so play by their rules. The best you can do is ignore them and post around their negativity.

• DafAtRandomDafAtRandom Member UncommonPosts: 124
    You’re right I do whine about how soft society has become. It seems that the easier life is, the less developed we are as characters. So in this instance, it’s the trivial things that gets us worked up. 

Admitting to the problem is half the battle.  I find the best way to not be whiny is to shut up and not engage with people.  Let's see if you can win the other half of the battle.  I'm rooting for you !
    ultimateduckSlapshot1188
    Adding to the Saga, recall Snipehunter cancelled the following week's shiny due to bad weather (lulz)

Thursday came and went this week with neither a new shiny or cancellation announcement.

Apparently Snipehunter is feeling a bit butthurt over the lack of appreciation and sympathy in recent weeks.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    I don't get the problem here. The used a house they liked as a model for something in game and people are upset? The original house looks cool. The in game rendition looks cool. Everyone gets inspitation from something.

The issue is that as far as we know they haven't made the in-game model yet, or even their own concept art.

About 4 years in the development, they've told us that we'd get playable game in 2017, 2018 and 2019, and now they're combining pictures made by others and use them to show us their work.
    ultimateducktweedledumb99Putrefee

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Vrika said:

The issue is that as far as we know they haven't made the in-game model yet, or even their own concept art.

About 4 years in the development, they've told us that we'd get playable game in 2017, 2018 and 2019, and now they're combining pictures made by others and use them to show us their work.
    Yup.. sure looks like they screwed that up big time. Looks like they Totally failed to pull that one off, so.. why you all burning a torch for this vaporware again.. you all looking for the next Duke Nukem? 
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    ZeekPlayz said:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0810949520/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=0810949520&link_code=as3&tag=robebaja-20

Above is SBS, below is the actual house.

Now lets show the similarities. Red is clear copy, blue is "minor edit":

That amazon link also shows the original copyright of the house's design/owner, although it was made by Dave Rondell (dead).

"Mood Piece" seems to be stolen from a treehouse 30 minutes from their studio (Redmond, Washington). Sorry for the late post but I thought I'd at least put my chip on this.
    I didn't read a word you said.. but those pictures were funny and awesome! 
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• tweedledumb99tweedledumb99 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    Vrika said:

Beautifully said - the process they used to make this art, and the end result, is only a problem in the context of CoE's other development problems.
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    Vrika said:

Yeah, that's interesting. I haven't followed the game closely enough to know they had so many issues. The idea looked promising and a lot of people were looking forward to this game. It's a bummer they seem to be screwing everything up so badly.

On a side note, is it me or does the actual version of the house look unstable as f***?...lol