Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zenith, Kickstarter VR Cyberpunk MMO, Talks Playtesting in New Dev Blog - MMORPG.com News

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageZenith, Kickstarter VR Cyberpunk MMO, Talks Playtesting in New Dev Blog - MMORPG.com News

In a new blog update, the team behind Zenith, the VR cyberpunk MMO, shares details on playtesting.

Read the full story here

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    A VR MMORPG that only wanted to raise $25k? That's a whole bunting worth of red flags.
    PhaserlightTacticalZombehLucixxmenty
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Quizzical said:
    A VR MMORPG that only wanted to raise $25k? That's a whole bunting worth of red flags.
    Reasonable compared to how much some have raised and have no game out (*cough Star Citizen Cough*).

It may not be a red flag, it may be reasonable depending how much work they have already done.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

botrytis said:

Quizzical said:

Reasonable compared to how much some have raised and have no game out (*cough Star Citizen Cough*).

It may not be a red flag, it may be reasonable depending how much work they have already done.

but then we need to ask why make a kickstart for 25k?
    bcbullyPhaserlightQuizzicalPutrefee
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200
    I never understand why people donate large companies anyway. They have money so if truly want to make a great game to us, for players they can do its just a +1 way to grab money from our pocket. If you really want new games innovations just donate new and small companies they deserve it much better.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

mussolini said:

I never understand why people donate large companies anyway. They have money so if truly want to make a great game to us, for players they can do its just a +1 way to grab money from our pocket. If you really want new games innovations just donate new and small companies they deserve it much better.

I can't tell if you are for or against this game. They aren't a big company as they are an indie company, but the amount they asked for was extremely small which is why people are concerned.

I think it could be a cool idea if it's real, but who knows.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Great!
    Come back and post when it's released.
    alkarionlogPhaserlight
  • LukzfreshLukzfresh Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Works everytime *evil smile*
    Phaserlight
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    mussolini said:
    I don't care if they're a big company or a small one.  They're not going to make a VR MMORPG that is actually good on a $25k budget.  Nor on a $250k budget, for that matter.  If they have millions of dollars in other funding, then maybe they could make a good game or maybe not, but why do they need a $25k Kickstarter for that?
    xmenty
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well two things could be happening here.
    NO they cannot make a decent game on even 2.5 million,not even close ,let alone a decent VR game.
    However this could be the scummy way devs operate now a days,they are simply looking for quick startup money but don't eve need it.They might already have 50 million from investors but if they can get some free money from dummies,then why not take it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I also do not believe small companies deserve it either.There are way too many wannabe devs out there that will still deliver nothing but crap no matter what.
    Know why F2p is so popular,well because 99% of the games are not worth any other pay method and would die within a week if they tried.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226
    I am done with all kickstarters. Still tending all the Burns. I wish them luck.
    xmenty
  • xybedoutxybedout Member UncommonPosts: 58
    edited January 2020
    Seeing as they have investment I guess this Kickstarter was more a marketing move. That could explain the low, for this kind of project, funding goal?

The team is also quite small so maybe this is not that "big" of a game some might have in mind.
    Post edited by xybedout on
    Putrefee
  • LucixLucix Member UncommonPosts: 79

Quizzical said:

Couldn't agree more.