Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Mobile Sees 20 Million Installs, Two Thirds of Total Series Playerbase - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageBlack Desert Mobile Sees 20 Million Installs, Two Thirds of Total Series Playerbase - MMORPG.com

Black Desert Mobile has crossed 20 million installs, while the series itself has generated $1.5 billion in revenue.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MissingSignalMissingSignal Member UncommonPosts: 13
    BDM is the only mobile game I've played for longer than a week but I think that may just be because I was previously heavily invested in BDO ( in both time and money). The gameplay, however, is like other mobile games that I have played and I'm still auto-ing in the same area with no significant progress. Daily log in consists of me selling my loot, resetting workers, stocking up on potions, collecting daily task rewards and event rewards, and afking again.
    Folmen
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

BDM is the only mobile game I've played for longer than a week but I think that may just be because I was previously heavily invested in BDO ( in both time and money). The gameplay, however, is like other mobile games that I have played and I'm still auto-ing in the same area with no significant progress. Daily log in consists of me selling my loot, resetting workers, stocking up on potions, collecting daily task rewards and event rewards, and afking again.

so pretty much a idle game?
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,168

so pretty much a idle game?

It is, and it helps to spend money to progress decently. Good or bad, people are. I tried it but for me it was more shallow than BDO. To each his own.
    Phaserlight
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Im one of 20 millions. I've played 20 minutes when I realised thats bad and uninstalled. I like when they writing down those big numbers. 16.2k playing on steam. 30 millions omg I dont think even they believe what they're posting.
    Folmen
  • APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    I occasionally dabble in mobile games here and there, but mainly when im about to take a huge shit. Black Desert Mobile is no exception.
    TillerMikehaFolmen3domDryxalineValdheim

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Deyirn said:

I hate to break it to you, but you aren't really "PLAYING" a game here. What you're doing reminds me of when I was "PLAYING" one browser game back in 2008 called Tanoth Online, which consisted of me:

- waking up
    - logging in
    - setting my character on a 5-7 minute adventure while I prepare breakfast
    - when I come back with breakfast I set him for another similar adventure while I browse news websites
    - then I set him on another one while preparing for work
    - before setting off to work, I set my character to work as a city guard for 8 hours while I go to work too (ironic, isn't it?)
    - I come back home and set my character on a few adventures before I go to bed and set him to work for another 8 hours while I sleep
    - rinse and repeat

I would hardly call that playing a game. Games with AFK and auto-battle aren't really games, this is the harsh reality.

Want to play a real mobile MMORPG? Play:

- Villagers & Heroes, it has no AFK/Auto Battle and you can continue on PC with the native client
    - AdventureQuest 3D, it has no AFK/Auto Battle and you can continue playing on Steam
    - Sword Art Online Intergral Factor, it has no AFK/Auto Battle and you can continue playing it on PC with an emulator
    From what you describe it seems that a "game" like that is actually a toy. A virtual toy but a toy all the same.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • FreelancerNDFreelancerND Member UncommonPosts: 32
    That game is absolutely THE SAME "MMORPG" as mobile Archeage and LIneage. I.e. garbage and a waste of time.
    But to be honest, 99% of mobile game market can be named the same.
    Wanna do something interesting on your phone? Install a SEGA or SNES emulator and play good old quality RPGs or platformers with a save function. And you don't need an internet connection for that =)
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    They should clarify if 30M is amount of registered accounts or monthly active users? Although it actually look like PC and consoles may have 10M active users - considering amount of servers.

To compare: APB Reloaded has a thousand online players (single server) with 10M+ registered accounts.

Thank you for your time!

• LukzfreshLukzfresh Member UncommonPosts: 125
    I love mobile games! I’m the ultimate gamer!
  • Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    This news is sad....It goes to show that MMOs and pc gamesx are goin down so much you can play them on a damn phone...Pathetic

Phaserlight
    No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
  • Darxy11Darxy11 Member CommonPosts: 2
    edited January 2020
    This news is biased. They’re reporting installs for a free game. OF COURSE a good chunk of current players will give it a shot. Notice they are NOT reporting player retention nor are they reporting current player population. A final nail in the manipulation coffin is when they mention money in this article it is for “the series itself.” They are NOT reporting on the money the cell phone game itself is generating. Downloads DO NOT equal quality. This article is biased because they do not give all the facts, just what Pearl Abyss wants you to hear. These stats? Hardly impressive.
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    edited January 2020
    I contributed to the installs.

I also contributed to the uninstalls later that day. So yeah, this is a useless statistic
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Mobile is the future of gaming.  For better or for worse....too much money to ignore it.
  • AureltAurelt Member UncommonPosts: 64
    And you guys keep saying "wE hAtE mObiLe gAmEs" so dont play them. because do you realise that devs doesn't make decisions what games to make? Investors, people who owns companies tell them what to develop. Devs are just hired people who do what they been told to do. If you want real mmo's, reall AAA games - stop playing, downloading all this crap. even if you downloaded and played for like 10 minutes it still makes them money. and they will keep making these type of games because clearly people download them. fast development time = more money. spend less - earn more = investors dream