Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Shares Roadmap for First Half of 2020

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageBlack Desert Shares Roadmap for First Half of 2020

Black Desert has shared a roadmap for the first half of 2020 featuring plenty of Succession.

Read the full story here

Comments

• cloudacvcloudacv Member UncommonPosts: 210
    edited January 2020

razor247 said:

[mod edit]

You clearly have never played the game. There is tons of content. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. [mod edit]
    Post edited by Vaross on
    IlayaCaffynatedalkarionlog[Deleted User]mmolouRemaliMisatoTremorMikehajimmywolfchocolate42069and 3 others.
  • LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    I tried so hard to like this game, but the enchanting system is so much of an obstacle that I just can't enjoy it.

It's an otherwise fantastic game. Beautiful graphics, an immersive combat system and so much content to do with professions/trades/jobs it is quite something... but that enchanting system man.
    [Deleted User]WaanBlacklabelcaliMisatoTremorchocolate42069ValdheimGrendizer73
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    edited January 2020

cloudacv said:

razor247 said:

[mod edit]

You clearly have never played the game. There is tons of content. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. [mod edit]

I have. It has ZERO content in my opinion. Its a mindless grinder. Unless you consider mindless grind to be content.
    Post edited by Vaross on
    CaffynatedalkarionlogretiredmjPhoenix_HawkmmolouBlacklabelcaliMisatoTremorMikehajimmywolfchocolate42069and 1 other.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• MaridMarid Member UncommonPosts: 128

Linif said:

I tried so hard to like this game, but the enchanting system is so much of an obstacle that I just can't enjoy it.

It's an otherwise fantastic game. Beautiful graphics, an immersive combat system and so much content to do with professions/trades/jobs it is quite something... but that enchanting system man.

I've never played BDO myself, but I've heard alot of people complain about the enchanting system...so, you're not alone.
  • DeutschinDeutschin Member UncommonPosts: 14
    The game is very beautiful and have amazing combat and farming system. This ia everything good I can say about it.
    I have never played a MMORPG which tries everything possible to be a single player grinder. PVP is only for the ppl who survived the gindfest and enchantment nightmare and to be honest in arena you'll be one shoted or you one shot ppl if you have best gear. Whichever side it is plain boring.
    And this new class female barbarian on high heels can't make me return to the game, there is no point to hit last lv. It is same ##3. Just look how much advertised this game is, literary everywhere!
  • BlazerXBlazerX Member UncommonPosts: 86
    edited January 2020

Deyirn said:

Linif said:

I also tried to like it. I won a free copy of the game and installed it, but I immediately hated it. The graphics look kinda bad despite it being a new game - the shadows look too dark and the only way to fix this is to play the game on lowest which disables some shader, but it also makes the objects in teh distance look horrible.

So you either deal with an overly dark game or with a bright one, but in the distance everything looks horrible.

The other thing was the UI. Some elements were too small and some didn't even fit in my 1600x900 native resolution. Making the big ones smaller in turn makes the smaller ones impossible to read, and if I make the small ones bigger, it makes the big ones so big I can't even navigate those UI elements.

I tried killing a few mobs with a Witch, Maehwa and Kunoichi, but the combat feels dull and boring. Also why are classes gender locked? This is so stupid.

I can't see anything redeeming about this game at all. I'd much rather play something like Forsaken World or Silkroad Online than BDO.

WTF dude I have some problems with the game (the cash shop is totally disgusting) but WTF are you smoking? The game looked kinda bad as in how the fuck do you mean? Are you just blind? It beats every other mmorpg game out there if comparing strictly graphics so STFU if you have no clue what you're going on about.

And the combat is bad? Wow you really are a troll. Haven't actually tried the game ya? It beats ESO and WoW out of the water in terms of combat and I think its as good as the combat in Tera.

Dude if you like china mmos go play it it is utterly crap. Silkroad Online? *barf*
    BlacklabelcaliCaffynated[Deleted User]cheeba
  • BlacklabelcaliBlacklabelcali Member UncommonPosts: 24
    edited January 2020

BlazerX said:

Deyirn said:

Linif said:

I also tried to like it. I won a free copy of the game and installed it, but I immediately hated it. The graphics look kinda bad despite it being a new game - the shadows look too dark and the only way to fix this is to play the game on lowest which disables some shader, but it also makes the objects in teh distance look horrible.

So you either deal with an overly dark game or with a bright one, but in the distance everything looks horrible.

The other thing was the UI. Some elements were too small and some didn't even fit in my 1600x900 native resolution. Making the big ones smaller in turn makes the smaller ones impossible to read, and if I make the small ones bigger, it makes the big ones so big I can't even navigate those UI elements.

I tried killing a few mobs with a Witch, Maehwa and Kunoichi, but the combat feels dull and boring. Also why are classes gender locked? This is so stupid.

I can't see anything redeeming about this game at all. I'd much rather play something like Forsaken World or Silkroad Online than BDO.

WTF dude I have some problems with the game (the cash shop is totally disgusting) but WTF are you smoking? The game looked kinda bad as in how the fuck do you mean? Are you just blind? It beats every other mmorpg game out there if comparing strictly graphics so STFU if you have no clue what you're going on about.

And the combat is bad? Wow you really are a troll. Haven't actually tried the game ya? It beats ESO and WoW out of the water in terms of combat and I think its as good as the combat in Tera.

Dude if you like china mmos go play it it is utterly crap. Silkroad Online? *barf*

calm your e-panties down lol

Spiider said:

cloudacv said:

razor247 said:

A game with no content and a roadmap with no content rofl...who on Earth plays this garbage

You clearly have never played the game. There is tons of content. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. You’re nothing more than a toxic troll.

I have. It has ZERO content in my opinion. Its a mindless grinder. Unless you consider mindless grind to be content.

You must not have played it very long then because you don’t know all of the content. Grinding mobs is only part of the content. Some of the most fun I’ve ever had doing pvp was in BDO. Any mmorpg is going to require you to grind in some way or other. I find bdo refreshing because I don’t want to raid and I don’t like dungeons. I find those extremely boring. I would much rather have my progression determined by what I can do alone.
    The grinding is also not mindless. End game grinding is much different than low level grinding. Even than you have to optimize how you are killing mobs or you are wasting time. Someone who has a much more optimized way to grind will make much more money than the average player.

Marid said:

Linif said:

I've never played BDO myself, but I've heard alot of people complain about the enchanting system...so, you're not alone.

I prefer the enhancement system personally.
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    For those who don't like enchanting just get your gear from the auction house and be happy there are even pens sold there I only enhance the low grades for profit anything with low chance enhancing I buy from the ah.
    Value your sanity
    Sovrathwingood
  • MaridMarid Member UncommonPosts: 128
    cloudacv said:

Marid said:

Linif said:

Prefer it to what?

Marid said:

cloudacv said:

Marid said:

Linif said:

Prefer it to what?

I prefer enhancing over doing dungeons or raids.
    Mikeha
  • momintimmomintim Member UncommonPosts: 108
    If I cared about PvP I'd probably be more incline to play this game but that is kind of the focus of the game so oh well.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    cloudacv said:

razor247 said:

A game with no content and a roadmap with no content rofl...who on Earth plays this garbage

You clearly have never played the game. There is tons of content. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. You’re nothing more than a toxic troll.
    There is stuff to do for sure.  Allot of people though don't think the systems that drive that content are any fun, that they are poorly designed with little thought put into them other than make them kinda complicated but don't worry about whether they are actually fun or not.   And that high end gear progression is linked directly to the cash shop, or risk losing your mind.  Its a strange game, a mix of sandbox, decent combat, great art and level design, amateur hour system design, and heavy cash shop cancer.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    The best mmo on the market.
    [Deleted User]
  • ItsakuItsaku Member CommonPosts: 1
    This comments section is full of trolls. Not even good trolls. Claiming that BDO has bad graphics or no content LOL ok. My favorite though was the one saying end game gear progression is linked to the cash shop. That one was actually kind of funny.
  • XanzoXanzo Member UncommonPosts: 129
    I played the game when it first came out in the west, literally when the servers were first up (and not up, it was...rough). I played a lot. Too much. It consumed my time. I had to stop. The game really has a ton of things to do. It has more content than most of the mmos out there. Love it or hate, it's a pretty decent game. High five to them for keeping it going.
  • NanbinoNanbino Member UncommonPosts: 168
    It's a beta single player test game that wasn't supposed to be a mmorpg. It got some devs tacted on last second when they realized our hardware exceeds software and they could turn a fast buck. Mission accomplished. Why PvP is a mess. PvE non existent. And core game behind a clutter of menus. The rest was just a show off demo tweaked into a game xD .

Waiting for ff16 based on a better but similar engine.
  • PutrefeePutrefee Member UncommonPosts: 46
    After reading the comments in this thread, I feel like I have to try this game just to know which camp I fall into. 
    Mikeha
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    DMKano said:
    So basically 

Successions for all the rest of the characters 

Some more quest updates and maybe another region 

Seasonal servers might be the best thing they do *if* they keep greed down to minimum 

No wonder Pearl Abyss is saying that Crimson Desert is their flagship game - with more than twice the budget and double the dev team.

This roadmap shows that their focus has shifted to Crimson Desert already

BDO has a ton of content - it is not PvE combat rich however but all other stuff - it is there if you look outside PvE combat.

To say the game has no content is to disregard everything else outside of PvE combat.

The core  problem is - for PvP players the game monetization is awful. If you aren't ready to drop thousands $$$ to compete with almost full PEN players you have no chance at all.

But they might come to their senses and fix via seasonal servers - or not.

We will see.

If the seasonal servers are just another play to bleed players wallets dry - its game over for BDO.

If cdo does as promised that is to keep the good from bdo and change what ppl don't like bdo will die for sure only the heavy invested in it will still play.
    Bdo mobile already has better systems than bdo pc so its not impossible to believe they listened to the players and cdo will be a better version of bdo in the same time killing it

• GodeauGodeau Member UncommonPosts: 84
    edited January 2020
    Deyirn said:

Linif said:

Congrats for letting the whole world know you are gaming on a potato.

Seriously, jokes aside, as much as I absolutely hate the gear progression in this game, BDO is by far one of the most graphically impressive mmorpgs to date.
  • jakeshadowjakeshadow Member UncommonPosts: 5

cloudacv said:

Spiider said:

cloudacv said:

razor247 said:

You must not have played it very long then because you don’t know all of the content. Grinding mobs is only part of the content. Some of the most fun I’ve ever had doing pvp was in BDO. Any mmorpg is going to require you to grind in some way or other. I find bdo refreshing because I don’t want to raid and I don’t like dungeons. I find those extremely boring. I would much rather have my progression determined by what I can do alone.

The grinding is also not mindless. End game grinding is much different than low level grinding. Even than you have to optimize how you are killing mobs or you are wasting time. Someone who has a much more optimized way to grind will make much more money than the average player.

Sooo, the games more than just a mindless grinder, and yet you say you have to know how to efficiently grind mobs late game?...o.O
  • TalraekkTalraekk Member UncommonPosts: 260
    Content wise, there is a lot to do. I find I enjoy getting contribution points (mainly from quests and whatnot) so I could take over buildings in cities/farms and set up routes. Then I hire a ton of workers, so I have workers working all over the damn place producing materials and items constantly, while I have a couple of houses (workshops) in easy to access areas. Set up a small farm nearby my main leveling/farming area. Then I go fight for either information on enemies, quests, materials, skills. Or try to find horses (thought I tend to buy em outright, to damn hard to find em, and the minigame, omg). Then, I level, breed em, sell em. Equipment, well they hand money out like candy so far since I only play in 1 to 2 month spurts, I've gotten all sorts of comeback rewards, so I was gifted tons of cash, purchased most of my gear of ah.
    As to graphics, its the most gorgeous game I have come across, my only issue with them is texture pop in. Which frankly, is downright rage inducing. You'll get used to it. Or you won't.
    Mikeha