Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

R.I.P. RO

Salio69Salio69 Member CommonPosts: 428

RO has changed to much to ever return to. i loved this game for a very long time. i started playing in alpha when prontera was the only town. i have played for many years since then. it was my "go to" game when there was nothing else to play i played it atleast serveral months out of every year. this game has changed far to much now ever since cash shop was introduced. the game used to focus on trading, partying with others and pvp in war of emperium.

now its just a cash shop hungry mmo f2p piece of crap like the rest of them. buy your pots with real life cash and pot your way through everything. finding items and trading with others is no longer fun when theres usually the cash shop equivilant or more often BETTER then what you can get. the old RO is dead. this is now a generic pay 2 win peice of crap now. i would NEVER recommend this game to anyone anymore. trust me, i used to recommend this game a lot before.

R.I.P. Ragnarok Online

Comments

• CorthalaCorthala Member UncommonPosts: 283

RO alpha was my first mmo, b4 it I had played some shooter and othe co-op games but OR was the one that opened my eyes to this genre. Soit will alway have a part in my heart.

"you are like the world revenge on sarcasm, you know that?"

One of those great lines from The Secret World

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

my first ever MMO, and the MMO that made my life lifeless but still complete

ugh what am i saying.. 

So What Now?

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by ChiYeon

@OP

"cash shop" indeed killed a lot of games, but we must admit for a fact that "games" are run by business men,

as for RO, I don't think the cash shop is too OP..don't get too butthurt. Play with a buddy, mate. :))))

The point is that non-cash shoppers are second class citizens. I don't see why they didn't just keep a subscription server open, with no influence from the cash shop, and have the cash shop server as an alternate choice for those who wanted it.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Is it really pay to win? I don't mind the level bonus or prenium accounts, but is it pay to win like paying for a specific item, paying to be stronger even if your character is at level 99?

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• elmer0224elmer0224 Member CommonPosts: 1
    iRO is still very much alive! More contents coming to RO in 2017. I can't wait for the next job class for Soul Linkers :)
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    elmer0224 said:
    iRO is still very much alive! More contents coming to RO in 2017. I can't wait for the next job class for Soul Linkers :)
    Actually what the OP said 4 years ago is that the game has changed too much and is now a pay to win cash grab - not that the servers are dead.

What made me stay away from official servers was the armies of bots on all maps and gravity wouldn't do anything about it.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    elmer0224 said:

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • HushBlushHushBlush Member UncommonPosts: 37
    ive checked iro and lots of players are still on it, old and new.  im on ro2, and ro journey. i guess iro is a legendary game it will never fade ahahah!

Let's Play Ragnarok Journey
  • 13thBen13thBen Member UncommonPosts: 120

Is it really pay to win? I don't mind the level bonus or prenium accounts, but is it pay to win like paying for a specific item, paying to be stronger even if your character is at level 99?

I guess so, it has transformed from f2p to p2w
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    the necro is real...
  • OriginRoOriginRo Member CommonPosts: 2
    Hey everyone,
    I agree official RO has changed, and changed to much in my opinion
    BUT,
    There are some good private servers out there that stick to the old school version and try to give the players that same feeling they had 10-14 years ago

so i don't think RO is dead, I think you just need to find the right server for you...
    especially for the old school players out there which usually seeks the experience they had all those years ago.
  • Rockinw311Rockinw311 Member UncommonPosts: 147
    OP got the title wrong. It should have been R.U.H. RO
  • EthicZHEthicZH Newbie CommonPosts: 11
    I loved the game when it first came out, as many of you I played the Beta, then started on the euRO server when it came out in Europe.
    Played it for a long time, maybe almost 15 years, until they merged the servers with the french version. Lost interest because my guild got scattered and had a lot of stuff going on in real life that became much more interesting than playing video games. Wanted to revisit it this year and sadly heard that they did another server merge, but they didn't allow any character transfer. So all my characters and equipment I invested so much time in grinding is just suddendly gone without any compensation, that really sucks. Gravity should've found a better solution, kinda pissed tbh that they screw their fanbase over like this.