Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot Impressions - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageDragon Ball Z: Kakarot Impressions - MMORPG.com

There have been quite a few Dragon Ball Z games made over the years, and not all of them have been good. Here are my thoughts in my first few hours with Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Nice!

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Man i am having a blastbplaying it now!!
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    its fun
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    best DB game ever ! so fun just to fly around !
  • LukzfreshLukzfresh Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Any online gameplay?
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135

Lukzfresh said:

Any online gameplay?

This?

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

"The type of Dragon Ball game I have been wishing to play for a long time has finally come. A role-playing game centered on the Dragon Ball universe, where you can learn new attacks, power them up, and even get extra boosts from your community."

and 
    "Yes, I said world. Finally we have the most open-world gameplay to date."

and
    "As opposed to other Dragon Ball titles, this one is not specific to just fighting,"

(from the article, too bad you can't directly use the quote feature :) )

Based on those lines I have a feeling you've missed DBO back in the days.
    Sure, it needed quite a few jumps over hoops to access it from here, and also a translate mod to understand anything of it... but it pretty much had those things you mention.

A few years after its cancel fans have made a translated private server, which is still alive I believe. Hive had a video of it a few years ago  https://youtu.be/8FgeKSP8YlQ
    ZenJelly
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    well my first impression playing this on pc is not fun, they didn't map the control of the console port I have hard time trying to figure out the button the first hour and I don't own a gamepad. Could they be even lazier? I mean it's $60 game how hard is it to change the control explanation in the tutorial.
  • NL-RikkertNL-Rikkert Member UncommonPosts: 134

well my first impression playing this on pc is not fun, they didn't map the control of the console port I have hard time trying to figure out the button the first hour and I don't own a gamepad. Could they be even lazier? I mean it's $60 game how hard is it to change the control explanation in the tutorial.

As a PC user you realise there is such a thing as an options menu right?
    In which you can actually change this easily?

Could you be any lazier? ;)

STOOPID
    When someone does something so utterly moronic that it kills your brain cells at the very thought of it.