Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your Favorite Pre-WoW MMO?

Comments

• GameolioDanGameolioDan Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Neocron. Such a cool sci-fi/cyberpunk theme coupled with other-worldly music and fun gameplay. Haven't really seen an MMO like it since.
    G'day! Aussie guy that records videos of his gameplay. I stream gameplay too.

Youtube: http://youtube.com/c/gameoliodan
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/gameoliodan
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited November 2018
    Motor City Online, I drag raced online with dial up lol.... It should have been SWG but my Gateway computer at the time was not capable of running it :( 

Octagon7711
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Technically L2 came out like 6 months before wow so probably Lineage 2. Something longer than that though, probably DaoC or EQ.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I spend the most time in SWG and ended up running something like four accounts.  Two were just for the buffs.
    JeffSpicoli

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• FaustIsBackFaustIsBack Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    T4C 
    It's the first MMORPG who I played and i'm playing here : https://godofnea.com

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Runescape/Endless Online.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    In Order of Appearance....

Meridian 59
    UO
    EQ1

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    EVE Online
  • ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Neverwinter Nights on AOL.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2019
    Ppiper said:
    Everquest 1, by far. it took me a month to level. Dark Elf didn't make life easy, either.
    A whole month,so less than a day per level?

Many in FFXI took a year or close to it.I only really liked one game pre Wow i was more interested in fpsr's but yeah FFXi was the only.
    if it makes any sense,FFXi was the first game that felt like a game DESIGN ...if that makes any sense.So many things in FFXi were not done prior by any game,so yeah no copy paste,just felt like someone actually put some thought and design into it.

I have always loved gaming when i feel i am actually a factor and not just a bunch of pixels where i could simply press automate result.That is why no other mmorpg appealed to me and why i was originally more into shooters,Unreal was the one that really attracted me.The thinking involved to be good was insane,no timeouts to get a sammy witch.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    I don't think I have one.

If RAN online had had WASD controls then it would have been my choice.

• Nelson-zbitNelson-zbit Newbie CommonPosts: 26
    Mu Online
    Redmoon 
    Lineage 2
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    UO

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Starship Troopers: Battlespace
  • kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717
    I loved Anarchy Online. It was great, had interesting classes, and a great community. Then they added shadowlands :( That tacked on piece of garbage ruined the game for me.
  • RingsideRingside Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Asheron's Call 2
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    EQ 

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855
    SWG no contest (pre-Nge/cu)
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    City of Heroes, which BTW I liked far better than WoW; I should mention this is the ONLY MMORPG I played before WoW released.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• BakgrindBakgrind Member UncommonPosts: 423
    SWG and EQ  2 were my pre-wow MMO choice. Got burnt out on SWG with the lack  having anything to do plus their class system was some what broken. So I left the game pre-nge and went to EQII. Left EQ 2 when they merged servers, but was ready to move on from it because the development team was always doing class balancing  monthly which made you sweat bullets hoping that your preferred class of choice didn't get hit to hard with the nerf hammer.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    DAoC obviously.
    Scot

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• EthicZHEthicZH Newbie CommonPosts: 11
    Ragnarok Online
    Easily, by miles!
    The Class System was ingenious and you had so much variety.
    Maybe it's just the nostalgia and because I was way younger back then, but it felt like a world with communities that were alive. Also because it didn't have quests until later on and a nice PvP Syste that evoked rivalries between player groups.
  • SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812
    SWG
  • PutrefeePutrefee Member UncommonPosts: 46
    DAoC

It blended so many things I enjoyed into one world.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file