Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

p2w .. so much fun!

2»

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Utinni said:
    AAAMEOW said:
    I think the people who play (or want to play) MMO(RPG)s want more from a game than what a mobile game, or even a console game, can give.
    I don't know about MMORPG, but the market share for gaming is mobile > console > pc.

According to "the market", McDonalds makes a better hamburger than In N Out. Some people want more from their burger than cheap, easy and convenient. Personally, I would drive a few extra miles and pay a few extra bucks for a good burger. I haven't had a McDonalds burger in decades.
    In N Out is "cheap, easy and convenient" though. That's the whole point of In N Out.

Depends where you live. There are far more McDonalds than there are In N Out burgers... and it was just an example. We don't have them where I live. I'd much rather have 5 Guys, and I pass two McDonalds and a Wendys on the way to my nearest 5 Guys.
    You just like one trash food over another trash food.
    Depends on how you're defining "trash food". Fast casual restaurants aren't "trash" and neither are fast food restaurants. Some people have preferences over which ones they rather consume... but unless you're eating a Michelin Starred restaurants for every meal, there's a good chance that whatever you like would be considered "trash food" by someone else. 

Lest we not forget, Lobster used to be a peasant dish. 
    Which is the point.
    Oh.. then.. bravo. I didn't follow the conversation, I just talk about food. 
    I'm just trying to express that his opinion about something being good or bad doesn't make it good or bad (especially food, but games as well). Many people can easily look at his skipping of Wendy's and McDonald's in favor of 5 guys as trading in cheap, fast, low cost, low nutritional food for just another cheap, fast, low cost, low nutritional food.

maskedweasel
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    LMAO..

I THINK his point was trying to say that playing a MMO is so yesterday but being STUPID enough to throw thousands at complete trash mobile games is actually FUN...yep FUN !!!.

I did notice Clash Royale still up decently in the twitch charts,really sad to see.

So there you have it folks and why mobile games are so profitable,easy whales,easy targets,easy cash.Like selling beer to an alcoholic or water to a thirsty man in the desert.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• EthicZHEthicZH Newbie CommonPosts: 11
    Wizardry said:
    LMAO..

I THINK his point was trying to say that playing a MMO is so yesterday but being STUPID enough to throw thousands at complete trash mobile games is actually FUN...yep FUN !!!.

I did notice Clash Royale still up decently in the twitch charts,really sad to see.

So there you have it folks and why mobile games are so profitable,easy whales,easy targets,easy cash.Like selling beer to an alcoholic or water to a thirsty man in the desert.

^

This.
    But it's also what you expect of games.
    I mean some of the older gamers already have seen a lot of mechanics and designs, while for others a game that would be totally mundane for such player seems like a totally fresh experience.
    Those Cash Grab Games also appeal to children and work heavily with "reward" systems that psychologically lead to an addiction if you don't see behind them or don't reflect the actual content enough.