Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Valiance Online Posts Update In New Fly-Through Video - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageValiance Online Posts Update In New Fly-Through Video - MMORPG.com

Valiance Online has published a new video of Skyeline City.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    For the very limited thing that it is, looks ok.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370

Amathe said:

Are you kidding? That looks like hammered dogsh!t, and that game has been in production longer than Ship of Heroes.

Take a good look and say your goodbyes. That game, and probably the whole studio, will be folding within a year.

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    edited January 2020
    another tab targetted hero game coming to a saturated vapour ware market!
    FFS BRING AN ISO ARPG HERO GAME TO MARKET !
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Looks good to me. Perfectly acceptable graphics. And I'd much rather have more choice in games I can play than less.

But I'm one of those crazy kooks that prefer playing fun games and judging a game based on the game parts - I know most people judge games solely on how good the graphics are.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I'm honestly surprised this game is still trying to limp along, especially with how far along Ship of Heroes is in development.
    Blaze_Rocker
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

Amathe said:

Are you kidding? That looks like hammered dogsh!t, and that game has been in production longer than Ship of Heroes.

Take a good look and say your goodbyes. That game, and probably the whole studio, will be folding within a year.

I wasn't intending to compare and contrast it to Ship of Heroes (which does look better, imo).

But I would wile away some hours playing it, imperfect though it is.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    huh the video is 720p why is it so bad lol.
    huh the video is 720p why is it so bad lol.
    That clues you in on the quality of the studio staff.
    Valdheim

• MazenealMazeneal Member UncommonPosts: 143

Amathe said:

First off, why are you so angry!? Like, calm down mate, it is nothing to burst a vessel over.....

Second, I will say you do have some what of a point, though.......I mean, this vid from 2015 seems to be the next likely step you would see AFTER this current vid.....

Blaze_Rocker
    Mazeneal said:

Amathe said:

First off, why are you so angry!? Like, calm down mate, it is nothing to burst a vessel over.....

Second, I will say you do have some what of a point, though.......I mean, this vid from 2015 seems to be the next likely step you would see AFTER this current vid.....

OMG! That video is both better and worse at the exact same time.
    The UI of the Fly-through video looks piss poor while the UI in the combat vid looks decent. The city in the combat vid is horribly constructed and laid out while the city in the Fly-through vid does look much improved, though not the greatest.

I guess my problem is with the dev team of VO. They've been working on that thing for many years and taken in a lot of money and their work still seems inconsistent and in need of better management.
    The Fly-through video quality is too low, the graphics need updating and some of the character animations need work. This is not something you show to the public five years after showing a combat video, even if it was pre-alpha. The studio needs to get its collective butts in gear if they plan to compete with Ship of Heroes long term.

I'm even starting to wonder if they would have released this video at all if City of Titans hadn't released their video a short while back. I will say this: to the credit of the VO devs, both of these videos look better than what City of Titans have displayed so far. If the VO team can get their act together they might be able to make things work. CoT will have collapsed by the end of 2021 and there is no saving it.

edited January 2020
    another tab targetted hero game coming to a saturated vapour ware market!
    FFS BRING AN ISO ARPG HERO GAME TO MARKET !
    How can there be a market if it's vaporware? Are you saying donation support for a game project makes it vaporware?

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Just want to chime in on this one. Yeah Valiance Online isn't as far along despite being in production for a long time, but in another way, it also IS further along in others as you can actually pay to get into the alpha, whereas neither City of Titans or Ship of Heroes allows for that.

I mean, City of Titans does allow for you to buy in and get the character creator... but for the most part, nothing is really playable.  

That being said, welcome to Indie MMO's. None of these games will deliver on the kind of superhero MMO we all want. They don't have the resources. It doesn't mean the games won't be good to some degree, but if you're excited for a new superhero MMO, temper those expectations.