Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Last Oasis Drops New Trailer For Upcoming Survival MMO

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageLast Oasis Drops New Trailer For Upcoming Survival MMO

Donkey Crew unveiled a new trailer for the upcoming survival MMO, Last Oasis, today which shows a bit more of the nomadic gameplay on offer.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JonathJCenJonathJCen Member UncommonPosts: 202
    Joseph, please have some pride in your journalistic talents and proofread the article. Irrespective of the typo, thank you for sharing the news with the community.
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Joseph, please have some pride in your journalistic talents and proofread the article. Irrespective of the typo, thank you for sharing the news with the community.
    lol ouch. but true. 
  • lotrlorelotrlore Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 558

Thanks for the comment and pointing this out - definitely missed that in my read over. This is fixed.
    Mazeneal
  • zigalucardzigalucard Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Looks a little interesting with having to stay mobile. My main problem with all these survival games is the combat just never feels right, atlas/ark is super laggy, same with conan exiles with delayed hits, bows being useless.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Watching their AMA from a little while back,i got a real sketchy feel about this game/team

I felt like they were dodging questions,so what's the point of an AMA then?

It feels like the game is VERY much so under developed.
    When asked about more creatures,they dodged the question and later it felt like the one dude mistakenly blurted out a 1 1/2 to 2 year time frame after the EA release phase.The other guy is like,oh wait don't hold us to that time frame bla bla,yeah i figured.

I feel like there is also a good reason they are making sure we are told about the NOMAD theme and having to move around.To me it says there are not many building assets/code so they don't want people to create a permanent base.

I feel this is mostly an empty game that is simply a pvp game where by the large clans will try to control the best resource points.

When asked about water/boats they again dodged around making excuses and made sure we know about the nomad theme again.No BIG lakes,so that tells me there is likely nothing going on with water other than it is a resource.

Bottom line,this imo will be about 1/10th of Atlas.But wait,we have an excuse,these are nomads,they do anything but then WHY are they running around in these walkers.I feel the team was struggling to BS us with vague answers.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Jesus Christ, another survival MMO? Isn't the market already saturated enough as is?
    Oyjord
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    edited January 2020
    crankked said:
    Jesus Christ, another survival MMO? Isn't the market already saturated enough as is?
    I have yet to see one. 

Maybe Atlas, but one doesn't equate to saturated. 
    Just found out you only need to keep water around,no food ...lol and ..sigh.

So yeah this is a real EA game,like very little to look forward to.But maybe at some point we will introduce food into it.lacking this lacking that,a whole lot of lacking.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• LukzfreshLukzfresh Member UncommonPosts: 125
    edited January 2020
    Like the idea. But i would bet money it will be a disappointment
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Looks a little interesting with having to stay mobile. My main problem with all these survival games is the combat just never feels right, atlas/ark is super laggy, same with conan exiles with delayed hits, bows being useless.

The combat is going to be alot better than those you mentioned, I played their Warband mod cRPG for 8 years, they will be using a modified version of Mount & Blade combat, same as Tiger Knight Empire Wars and Gloria Victis did.
    [Deleted User]
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Looks better than expected - especially the characters. Surprising for the era of games with cheap cartoonish graphics.

Thank you for your time!

Xodic said:

Asheram said:

The combat is going to be alot better than those you mentioned, I played their Warband mod cRPG for 8 years, they will be using a modified version of Mount & Blade combat, same as Tiger Knight Empire Wars and Gloria Victis did.

Do you mean the combat from their failed EA game "Of Kings And Men"?
    If so, then this game's combat will be incredible.
    Hopefully it isnt like OKaM as it had block and attack linked to lmb so I only played about 6 hours of it, but I played thousands of hours in the warband mod they made-cRPG so I am hoping its more like that.
    edited January 2020
    As over rated as i feel new World is,i am more than certain it will be better than Lost Oasis.

What makes a survival game really good is the same thing that makes a mmorpg really good....LAYERS of design,lots of them.However just like all the low budget devs aiming for pvp designs,the same thing in these survival games,low budget devs looking for a cheap way to get into the gaming market.

Layers examples...
    Well building/crafting
    Water zones so we can have ships and crafting ships,hunting in the water,deep water like fishing and large game.
    Mounts with breeding used for transportation harvesting and combat.
    Then of course the easy stuff like pvp and PVE ideas.
    Gear progression/itemization
    Currency and currency uses
    Cities/towns/npc's 
    Collection ideas like from the EQ series.

There is a lot more a dev can do but i am not going to write a book on game design,they should already know how to design a good game and i am certain msot do know.The problem is they simply do NOT want to make a great game,the majority want to make CHEAP low cost games.

I wish for the day developers were serious about making great games and not just looking to cash in with fast cash grab early access games.

edited January 2020
    You think Atlas is good so I dont really trust your opinion on whats good.

can safely log out and not worry about people that play while you are offline doing life things destroying your work.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Why do all these survival games look like ass.
    Chamber of Chains
  • XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516
    3dom said:
    Looks better than expected - especially the characters. Surprising for the era of games with cheap cartoonish graphics.
    It doesn't really look very good for an Unreal Engine 4 game. In fact, it is a poor showcase for it.

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/