Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World Devs Collecting PvP Questions for Dev Diary 2 Coming Next Week - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 11,024
edited January 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageNew World Devs Collecting PvP Questions for Dev Diary 2 Coming Next Week - MMORPG.com

The New World team are currently collecting PvP questions for their second Dev Diary, which is set to release next week.

Read the full story here

Comments

• soundsonicsoundsonic Member UncommonPosts: 16
    I tested the alpha and voted for trust because I liked it, so I bought the early access
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    again, come back after they launch teh game, then we can talk shop
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Haki88Haki88 Member UncommonPosts: 219
    I bet in 10 000€ that there are going to be sooo many refunds/chargebacks if they dont update recommended specs :)
    bcbullyanemo
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member RarePosts: 331
    Please no forced PVP! So many games I'd like to play, but I just hate having to deal with gank squads with nothing better to do.
    alkarionlogAlomarAzaron_NightbladeOctagon7711
  • AlteiirAlteiir Member UncommonPosts: 33
    I would really like a forced pvp system of some sort. The zone pvp system in Archeage was good since it had war and peace periods. To fit their lore they could have a corruption meter that forces you into pvp mode if you get too much. I think they turned off the full loot pvp, so there isn't much risk.

I'm trying to figure out what the point of the game is without the pvp.
    Alomarcheeba
  • BellomoBellomo Member UncommonPosts: 184
    with no PVP this game dies in a year
    botrytisAlomarkitaradcheeba
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,460
    edited January 2020
    They can have PvP just no forced PvP. Flagging or like Archeage where you have war and peace time.
    AlomarLukzfreshbcbullyAzaron_Nightblade

• RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 753
    With forced pvp this game dies until the next shitty forced pvp/survival game comes out. Probably a year.
    AlomarkitaradRoinbcbullyAzaron_NightbladeUngoodcheyaneOctagon7711
    I like to complain about games.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Bellomo said:
    with no PVP this game dies in a year
    With PvP it dies sooner. Your point is? If they want to appeal to a wider audience, Amazon needs to control where and PvP is done (like in GW2/GW1). Just having PvP for the sake of PvP is asking to die a quick death.
    alkarionlogWhiteLanternAlomarkitaradcheebabamwallabcbullyAzaron_NightbladeUngood

• GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 775

koldmiser said:

Please no forced PVP! So many games I'd like to play, but I just hate having to deal with gank squads with nothing better to do.

Everyone can have their cake. All they have to do is make seperate PvP and PvE +flag PvP servers.
    alkarionlog
  • uotowndrunk2uotowndrunk2 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    I was going to pre-order, but since there seems to be no clear anything on whether its forced pvp or flag up pvp, I will wait. I personally like the idea of just offering separate servers.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,818
    edited January 2020
    Flags = dead game. The 12 old school gamers on this site will not keep the game alive. 

You can’t build a game focused on territory control then just add flags lol. 

There won’t be enough content for anyone. Dead game.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    bcbully said:
    Flags = dead game. The 12 old school gamers on this site will not keep the game alive. 

I suspect the only way to do the territory control will be PvP, so I wouldn't worry too much there. It's just the open world PvP that will require flagging from what I've been hearing. So that the whole thing doesn't turn into a constant gankfest, and people CAN actually explore instead of getting farmed by some loser that got the game months before them and outgears them to a ridiculous degree.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

bcbully said:

I suspect the only way to do the territory control will be PvP, so I wouldn't worry too much there. It's just the open world PvP that will require flagging from what I've been hearing. So that the whole thing doesn't turn into a constant gankfest, and people CAN actually explore instead of getting farmed by some loser that got the game months before them and outgears them to a ridiculous degree.
    Every mmorpg with PvP does not work like WoW and the scenario you just described. Only the bad ones. 

Branch out 
    alkarionlog
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,496
    The only question of any importance to me, "What will there be to do in the game beyond PvP?"  I want to be a customer, not somebody else's content.

The more I hear about New World, the more I think their sales motto must be, "Come for the PvP, stay for the corpse camping."

UngoodalkarionlogOctagon7711jonp200

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,287
    Gonna wait and see with this.. could be a lot of fun, given they don't have classes, so it might have some really good balanced PvP, which makes all the difference in these games. No one likes getting ganked, a lot of people enjoy a fair fight.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Ungood said:
    Gonna wait and see with this.. could be a lot of fun, given they don't have classes, so it might have some really good balanced PvP, which makes all the difference in these games. No one likes getting ganked, a lot of people enjoy a fair fight.
    Oh, I love when someone tries to gank me. Hardly anything more satisfying than killing the would be killer.

You see if I’m getting ganked 9 times out of 10 I have knowingly put my self in a position where it could happen. In fact I’m practically waiting for it. I’m on high alert. I understand the risk of my unsafe choice. 
    That's called "baiting" and only fools fall for it, so no wonder you win.

Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Ungood said:

Nah that’s called needing to get from point a to b.
    bcbully said:
    Ungood said:

Nah that’s called needing to get from point a to b.
    LOL, nahh.. not gonna waste the time playing this with you.

What OW PvP MMO do you play ?

• coledylancoledylan Newbie CommonPosts: 1

I would want to wait as i want to see it is forced pvp or flag up pvp.
  • KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    well why don't they just do the pvp like in SWG. flags and the TEF system, plus if you had an outpost there was a pvp timer on it when it was open for pvp during a certain amount of time every day.
  • jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Played the Alpha. Game looked nice and functioned well. During my time in-game, it was pretty much a gank-fest. Kill, get killed, go to the bank, get attacked, harvest some wood, get attacked.. See someone harvesting; attack...I got bored quickly.

Will probably pass.
    Ungood

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box