Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost Ark Update Removes Genderlock, Adds Continent, More - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageLost Ark Update Removes Genderlock, Adds Continent, More - MMORPG.com

Lost Ark has posted an update for Season 2 outlining several new changes.

Read the full story here

Comments

• sycogenesissycogenesis Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Still no NA news tho FeelsbadMan
    Krynt0knycplayboy78Valentinaalkarionlog[Deleted User]Folmensakinolgastovski1
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276

And?

Games done in the west now took WAY too long localising by the time its out its gonna be competing with wolcen, torchlight frontiers, path of exile 2, diablo4 and those magic the gathering/lol arpgs

Too be frank im kinda glad markets already over saturated with korean garbage cash cow games!
    Krynt0knycplayboy78ValentinaalkarionlogFolmenZeneren
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Cant wait for it to come west in 2023.....
    Krynt0kValentina
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404

And?

Games done in the west now took WAY too long localising by the time its out its gonna be competing with wolcen, torchlight frontiers, path of exile 2, diablo4 and those magic the gathering/lol arpgs

Too be frank im kinda glad markets already over saturated with korean garbage cash cow games!

Dont forget the Last Epoch.
    nycplayboy78Spriggen1337
  • nycplayboy78nycplayboy78 Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Yeah still no NA release plan/strategy. A Lost Cause it seems...SIGH....
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Even as someone interested in the game I have to wonder....why do we bother with coverage of a game that isn't playable in the market which the website covers?  

Oh, right....gotta have something to write about no matter how inapplicable it is.  
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

Even as someone interested in the game I have to wonder....why do we bother with coverage of a game that isn't playable in the market which the website covers?  

Oh, right....gotta have something to write about no matter how inapplicable it is.  

Same logic behind them covering when games update their cash shops.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Albatroes said:

Same logic behind them covering when games update their cash shops.
    Unless it represents a shift in monetization or something...then I could see reporting on it.
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    It's not even in English, why would I care about the update?
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    It's not even in English, why would I care about the update?

because people played on korean and play on russian server?
    Tiller
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    Future News 2029: Return of the Return of the Legion's Roomate's Bestfriend From College: Warcraft's 100th expansion! Also Lost Ark now live in NA/EU regions.
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

And?

PoE 2 is the only thing even close to competing with Lost Ark. Torchlight frontiers? I can't tell if you're trolling LOL
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited January 2020
    Thank fuck.

Having the only support class be female only was awful. And spoony bards happen to be one of my favorite character tropes.

Also, the fist class. Always the fist class.
  • xybedoutxybedout Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Wake me when we can actually play this proper.
    Guess I'll finish D4 before this comes to EU/US.

Utinni said:

And?

PoE 2 is the only thing even close to competing with Lost Ark. Torchlight frontiers? I can't tell if you're trolling LOL

well im talking isometric Arpg genre not specific features native to select few games.

IF lost ark comes out by 2021 the market will have something like 10 other newish Arpg games for it to contend with! and this isnt counting games like amazons rpg new world (or whatever its called) squares avengers game or skyrim 2 this is because they are not isometric (but they will still compete on some level since they are Arpg).

The market for Arpg is looking set to be chokka through to 2022! Lost ark devs should o fronted the cash for localisation then sold rights to host a server to a group like nexon/gamigo or some crap in the west they would have a larger income but also a larger audience but they didnt they wanted game studios to do it for them and that stupid decision has hurt them in the long run! hype for the game is running on fumes and also like i said competition is ramping up or releasing games!

side note lost ark is UE3 typically something that wont do well in massively multiplayer games it was one of the things that kinda hindered Marvel heroes omega!
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Lol alot of over exaggeration going on. Ive played the game its really good. It will do just fine here in the west and a good chance it gets released in 2020. D4, POE2 will not be released soon. Wolcen comes out in Feb and tho its a good game it will not hold a candle to Lost Ark.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    razor247 said:
    Why do you cover this? You know how many clones of Diablo there are in the east...when something makes it to the west then cover it
    That's a really weird way of looking at it.

Why shouldn't we in the west know of actually mmorpg news? We aren't kids who go into a tizzy if we can't have it NOWWWWWW. 

And since this game is coming to the west it's ok that we get news on it; news on its development.

Groqstrong
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

Utinni said:

And?

well im talking isometric Arpg genre not specific features native to select few games.

IF lost ark comes out by 2021 the market will have something like 10 other newish Arpg games for it to contend with! and this isnt counting games like amazons rpg new world (or whatever its called) squares avengers game or skyrim 2 this is because they are not isometric (but they will still compete on some level since they are Arpg).

The market for Arpg is looking set to be chokka through to 2022! Lost ark devs should o fronted the cash for localisation then sold rights to host a server to a group like nexon/gamigo or some crap in the west they would have a larger income but also a larger audience but they didnt they wanted game studios to do it for them and that stupid decision has hurt them in the long run! hype for the game is running on fumes and also like i said competition is ramping up or releasing games!

side note lost ark is UE3 typically something that wont do well in massively multiplayer games it was one of the things that kinda hindered Marvel heroes omega!
    LA has so much more content than any of the other arpgs coming out. It's sad how little the western games have. As for saying UE3 wont do well in MMO, it works just fine in Lost Ark. I also never had any issues with MHO. 

Utinni said:

Utinni said:

And?

LA has so much more content than any of the other arpgs coming out. It's sad how little the western games have. As for saying UE3 wont do well in MMO, it works just fine in Lost Ark. I also never had any issues with MHO. 

UE3 sucks for mmos generally its why lost ark devs are thinking about migrating it to UE4, UE3 is just to limiting for the game MHO was limited to 20 players max per instance and if they moved to fast it caused desync issues server side its why they slowed everyone down for the B.U.E. (i loved MHO i would love for it to come back in some capacity)

LA is just to late to the game and im telling you now bigger brands like blizzard will overshadow LA and it will go under the radar for years/get shut down after 2 years

from personal feeling on LA ive lost about 95% of the hype for this game (i dont wanna run through hoops play on laggy badly translated servers using vpn's) and thats just within a year and with upcoming releases of other iso mmoarpg my time will be in them because im not gonna want to invest time in another mmoarpg when its limited, im a diablo fan and i will be playing number 4 (love that art style) and most likely will be playing wolcen and then torchlight for fun!

Utinni said:

Utinni said:

And?

UE3 sucks for mmos generally its why lost ark devs are thinking about migrating it to UE4, UE3 is just to limiting for the game MHO was limited to 20 players max per instance and if they moved to fast it caused desync issues server side its why they slowed everyone down for the B.U.E. (i loved MHO i would love for it to come back in some capacity)

LA is just to late to the game and im telling you now bigger brands like blizzard will overshadow LA and it will go under the radar for years/get shut down after 2 years

from personal feeling on LA ive lost about 95% of the hype for this game (i dont wanna run through hoops play on laggy badly translated servers using vpn's) and thats just within a year and with upcoming releases of other iso mmoarpg my time will be in them because im not gonna want to invest time in another mmoarpg when its limited, im a diablo fan and i will be playing number 4 (love that art style) and most likely will be playing wolcen and then torchlight for fun!

Hype has died down because their is no western release date yet. Once their is the hype will ramp up again. It doesnt change the fact that anyone that likes mmo's and arpgs will be playing it. Im pretty sure your going to play it too.

D4 and POE2 are so far off, Wolcen and TL:F are like little puppy dogs compared to LA.
    edited January 2020

DMKano said:

Lol alot of over exaggeration going on. Ive played the game its really good. It will do just fine here in the west and a good chance it gets released in 2020. D4, POE2 will not be released soon. Wolcen comes out in Feb and tho its a good game it will not hold a candle to Lost Ark.

Have you done any of the end game raid gearing?

Its god awful.

PoE, Grim Dawn and Wolcen have 100 times better gearing

Lost ark is just linear gear progression that comes down to grinding the same dungeon until you get the drop.

A big nope for me

Aren't all MMORPGS a grind of some sort. It all comes down to personal preference. I can bring up negatives about all the games you just mentioned but i dont want to make a lengthy post. My point is LA is a AAA ARPG, whether you like the progression or not. Most gamers that are into the genre will play it.
    Post edited by Groqstrong on
  • MaximusNovaMaximusNova Member UncommonPosts: 27

And?

Am playing Lost Ark on Russian server and I can tell you that the game it's amazing when it comes to endgame.
    It's a full fledged MMO where others are just online games.
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    I hope my son will be able to enjoy Lost Ark somewhere in the year of 2030
    Valentina

So What Now?

• azonic69azonic69 Member UncommonPosts: 103

It is applicable here, just because you don't know / can't be bothered to do the work necessary to play, doesn't mean it' s the same for everybody else.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

It's very "applicable."

I come to this site so I can get news on mmorpg's (and rpg's as they now run that news) and this is an mmorpg.

I want to know what's going on with it, I want to know about its development. I'm not solely looking for what I can buy now. There is a certain satisfaction from just learning about what is going on in the mmorpg world.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo