Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World Simulation

124»

Comments

• ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    iixviiiix said:
    I have to say that graphic hold back the simulation , because you need to graphically show of the simulation instead of using concept or words to tell . And that's expensive + heavy.

That depends on how much the Devs want to stick into it. 
    Most, or even all, of the art is in the game already, and all they're doing is make it spin, rotate, flip, open like a door, etc. 
    Much more can be actual added stuff, of course, or existing spell effects and whatnot can be used. 
    So it doesn't have to be expensive, or it can be if the Devs want to spend the money and add unique things that aren't already there. 

That's a lot of individual rendering. It might work for solo or small group instanced dungeons but there's no way that many moving parts would work in an open world. This is probably why MMOs haven't put much focus in this compared to single player RPGs.
  • AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    edited January 2020
    AAAMEOW said:
    You want evidence?
    - Morwind and Skyrim.
    - Grand Theft Auto.
    - Minecraft. 

Morrowind and Skyrim ->  Elder scroll online
    Grand theft auto -> APB
    Minecraft -> wurm online

Pokemon -> Tem tem
    warz -> dayz
    shadowbane -> Crowfall
    DaOC -> Camelot unchained
    UO -> Legend of aria

Games are being made.  Many are just not popular.

The question is, why aren't they popular? Most games have something good in them. It's what's bad in them that's the problem. 
    You can try looking to youtube channel on death of a game.  It have a good list of mmorpg and how it failed.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1CX1cFH4cs&list=PL80AP9QYJdzerVGAjjQj19A5_B6gKTo3U&index=29

It is pretty hard to get people to play the same games for years.  Also people usually pick the most popular game out of the genre.  As popular as MOBA or RTS is.  Only a few is popular too. 

Also what you said contradict yourself.  You list all those other games which are not mmorpg which is the biggest problem.  Why should I play mmorpg when I can have more fun on other genre.

• AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    AAAMEOW said:
    You want evidence?
    - Morwind and Skyrim.
    - Grand Theft Auto.
    - Minecraft. 

Morrowind and Skyrim ->  Elder scroll online
    Grand theft auto -> APB
    Minecraft -> wurm online

Pokemon -> Tem tem
    warz -> dayz
    shadowbane -> Crowfall
    DaOC -> Camelot unchained
    UO -> Legend of aria

Games are being made.  Many are just not popular.

The question is, why aren't they popular? Most games have something good in them. It's what's bad in them that's the problem. 
    That is kind of like me asking you the same question in another way.  I showed you a link of 26 up coming new mmorpg or mmorpgish type of game and asking if you going to play it, and why you wont' play it.

https://www.nerdmuch.com/games/5184/new-mmos/

Many people keep saying the genre is stagnant.  But there are constantly new game coming out and why don't people play those.
  • AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797
    I'm tired of this. 
    You're on your own, folks.

Enjoy your cash shopping experience, and don't forget...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3HQMbQAWRc  

ultimateduck

Once upon a time....