Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2017 founder of albion says:

skullblade47skullblade47 Member UncommonPosts: 9
got banned rather quick for posting complaints about
- 3000-7000 entry queue
- character deleted - no founder reward
- can't shut off goofy music

mmolouInstigator-Jones

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    - 3000-7000 entry queue

Instigator-Jones
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    - 3000-7000 entry queue

Are you saying it was unjust? Or what are you trying to say?

We get posts like these all the time here, and usually it comes down to the poster getting banned for a relatively good reason. 
    Daranarmmolou[Deleted User]
  • fanglofanglo Member UncommonPosts: 314
    - 3000-7000 entry queue

We get posts like these all the time here, and usually it comes down to the poster getting banned for a relatively good reason. 
    I've noticed a lot of immature MMORPG.com posters such as yourself love to victim shame. I personally suffered from it and it sucks that people are doing this. The truth is that any game with any ethics at all would refund money after a ban and not just steal people's money like Albion online has done.
    mmolouCitizenX007

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    fanglo said:
    - 3000-7000 entry queue

I've noticed a lot of immature MMORPG.com posters such as yourself love to victim shame. I personally suffered from it and it sucks that people are doing this. The truth is that any game with any ethics at all would refund money after a ban and not just steal people's money like Albion online has done.
    See this is where it all falls apart though. In most of these situations (likely all) you or whoever was banned was not the victim.
    Rhoklaw said:
    I'm willing to bet they emailed you with the reason why you were banned. I also highly doubt they banned you for 1 forum complaint about 3 issues. For something like that, they would probably ban you from the forums, not the game itself. Getting banned from a game usually requires some serious effort such as player harassment, cheating / exploiting or spamming world chat about game complaints.

P.S. I just realized I've been Necro Trolled.
    You make a lot of assumptions which are false. Albion online will ban your in game account for things posted on their forums. This is why you need to be very careful when shaming the victim of a ban. You don't have any of the facts and the company will always skew the facts to further attack the victim. Since you don't have all the facts you shouldn't be so critical is all. 

Have a nice day!
    mmolou

fanglo said:
    - 3000-7000 entry queue

See this is where it all falls apart though. In most of these situations (likely all) you or whoever was banned was not the victim.
    Um... This is a growing trend that needs to stop. People automatically assume that all bans a company makes are warranted. This empowers companies to further trample on the rights of gamers. There is not a universal set of rights that gamers have and thus it's up to each company to decide what they will tolerate. There are things that you can get banned for in Albion online that would not get you anything in most major MOBA's. Thus, whenever a person complains of a ban or suspension we need to not immediately assume they were in the wrong. It's sad that gamers are a group of people that will throw each other under the bus as much as we do. 

We are all in this together and we should be fighting to increase transparency in bans and increase the rights of other gamers and not shame them when it does happen.
    CitizenX007mmolou

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Bans happen. I got banned from GW1 after complaining about a harasser in the game. After I wrote to A.Net and posted screens caps of the harassments, they unbanned me and banned the harasser.

botrytis said:
    Bans happen. I got banned from GW1 after complaining about a harasser in the game. After I wrote to A.Net and posted screens caps of the harassments, they unbanned me and banned the harasser.
    They do happen and the way each company handles them and the appeals can vary greatly. Some companies like Albion online suck in the way they handle bans and the subsequent appeals of said bans. 

When you add money in to the mix things can get pretty dicey. TBH if the OP was a F2P player that didn't pay 1 dime to Albion Online and got banned than I wouldn't really care much but once they accept payment I would hope that there would be some kind of decency that would kick in when it comes to how they respond to a paying customer. 
    mmolou

Rhoklaw said:
    fanglo said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    I'm willing to bet they emailed you with the reason why you were banned. I also highly doubt they banned you for 1 forum complaint about 3 issues. For something like that, they would probably ban you from the forums, not the game itself. Getting banned from a game usually requires some serious effort such as player harassment, cheating / exploiting or spamming world chat about game complaints.

P.S. I just realized I've been Necro Trolled.
    You make a lot of assumptions which are false. Albion online will ban your in game account for things posted on their forums. This is why you need to be very careful when shaming the victim of a ban. You don't have any of the facts and the company will always skew the facts to further attack the victim. Since you don't have all the facts you shouldn't be so critical is all. 

Have a nice day!
    You're right, I don't have all the facts. Therefor I base my assumptions on historical facts, which statistically speaking prove those who are banned never paint the whole story in their argument. You'd be surprised how many people come to forums like this ridiculing a company for falsely banning them for no reason. Then they post evidence of their ban which only proves their ignorance. Since neither you, nor the OP ever posted an email or proof of their ban, the argument is automatically pointless. This isn't me defending gaming companies either, because they have proven to be notoriously contriving and then blame the community for their own stupidity. However, when it comes to banning, I will side more with companies than those they ban for the simple fact a majority of bans ARE justified. This doesn't mean some folks aren't banned without reason, but without proof or evidence to shed some light, I will use basic logic and reason to come to my conclusion.
    The problem is that any statistics you are basing your opinion on are provided for by the companies doing the banning and are skewed to make themselves look good. There aren't really a lot of good 3rd party studies that have been done on this issue of banning. 

You can say bans are justified but since the standards are so widely different from company to company I don't think a lot of bans are justified. I'm not talking muting's, silences or suspensions I'm talking the complete loss of one's paid account forever.

If Albion online was smart they would have instituted a more robust suspension policy rather than a 1 and done ban policy which they currently have in place. In a full loot game that can easily breed some heated toxicity it truly boggles my mind why they would expect their player base to remain cordial at all times. MOBA's which are one of the most toxic gaming genres have some very good banning policies in place that allow the player-base to make some mistakes without losing hundreds of dollars that were invested in that game.
    mmolou

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Albion came out in 2017. How is that "founder"?