Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shiny Day (01/09/20) Copy, Pasta Job

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Wizardry said:
    To be fair,what did we recently or over the past two years see here on this site?

Crowfall concept art,other games and recently Diablo4 concept art.

All you need to do is drop your hook line n sinker in the right spot,waver that bait a little and SNAG...GOT ONE !!!.
    oh man i think i caught a good one this time,help me reel this in,it's a big one.......awww just a clump of seaweed.
    But I think the point (at least to me) is that this is not even original concept art.  It appears to be entirely made by cutting pictures of pictures found on the internet and pasting it into one file and presenting it.
    AmatheLinifGdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    Jesus christ, they've actually photoshopped the image in and painted over it in certain areas to hide the fact that it isn't their drawing. That's something a person moderately skilled in photoshop can do in a day... That's just absolutely dire.
    Slapshot1188GdemamiRenGinGinPhaserlight
  • LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    I'll give them credit where credit is due though. They're reasonably okay at stealing stuff. Y'know, money, time, content... lol. "Soulbound Studios" your soul would have to be bound, cause they'd apparently try to steal that too.
    Phaserlight
  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    Omfg.... 

That is literally all I can say now
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    So, even their concept artwork isn't done by their art team.  My initial thought was that the house looked like something that Thomas Kincaid might do.  I was all ready to give them some credit at least for hiring a decent artist, but now, I don't want to commit to that kind of outlandish praise.  That would be the most cynical thing I would have ever posted about CoE.  Easily.

Gdemami

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• goldboyy45goldboyy45 Member UncommonPosts: 301
    edited January 2020
    What a way to start the year, BTW: pretty much after they close up Settlers of Elyria...the 4th year anniversary of Kickstarter will be happening in May 2020, so you can expect fresh stretch goals and fresh items in the cash shop. The studios has proven that is all they are capable of doing, which is selling non-existent content to the Ivory Tower whales.

When are we going to see mood-piece articles from gaming sites like mmorpg.com...MassivelyOP outlining all of this shit Soulbound Studios have been pulling??

I am sure next week Caspian will post an apology for this photoshopped mess, he will say he wasn't aware of this and he did not approve this, one thing Caspian is great at, saying it wasn't his fault.
    RenGinGinTorrskGdemami
    What a way to start the year, BTW: pretty much after they close up Settlers of Elyria...the 4th year anniversary of Kickstarter will be happening in May 2020, so you can expect fresh stretch goals and fresh items in the cash shop. The studios has proven that is all they are capable of doing, which is selling non-existent content to the Ivory Tower whales.

When are we going to see mood-piece articles from gaming sites like mmorpg.com...MassivelyOP outlining all of this shit Soulbound Studios have been pulling??
    From MMORPG likely as they simply take every PR piece sent to them and publish it.  Massively might post it but if you read their articles on CoE they know what's going on and take every opportunity to let folks know it.  Their last headline was:

Chronicles of Elyria is still working on the botched Settlers of Elyria event – and future events too

And inside that article was a bunch of stuff to let you know that they "get" how farcical this project is.
    Kyleran

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Slapshot1188 saidwhen :

From MMORPG likely as they simply take every PR piece sent to them and publish it.  Massively might post it but if you read their articles on CoE they know what's going on and take every opportunity to let folks know it.  Their last headline was:

Chronicles of Elyria is still working on the botched Settlers of Elyria event – and future events too

And inside that article was a bunch of stuff to let you know that they "get" how farcical this project is.
    When I read their title it almost implies / applies "botched" to the future events as well.

Probably a good bet.
    Slapshot1188kitaradRenGinGin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited January 2020
    Kyleran said:
    Slapshot1188 saidwhen :

When I read their title it almost implies / applies "botched" to the future events as well.

Probably a good bet.
    Well they apparently hired a new guy, Ash Kain, who’s not working on the game but instead is in charge of these web based events.  Who needs a game as long as we get web based sales events!

Surely everyone is happy with progress updates that consist of finding pictures spread over the internet and photoshopping them over a picture of a forest.  Right?

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Millions of dollars and years of development just to produce a picture comprised of a bunch of plagiarized images mashed together.

Progress!
    GdemamiPhaserlight
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Millions of dollars and years of development just to produce a picture comprised of a bunch of plagiarized images mashed together.

Progress!

I wonder how far the willingness to ignore IP rights will go.  The music industry fights this kind of issue all the time; the photographers and artists are not as organized, but photos and artwork are artistic works worthy of the same kind of protection.  What is the value of the "appropriated" images used in these mash ups?  Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it is free to take and use.  Companies *should* know better.

Gdemami

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Progress!
    Think about how bad this is.  Not only did they take internet pictures and paste them into a real forest, but ask yourself why?  The only reason I can see would be that they have nothing in game to show.  Think on that.  Nothing they could even use as a screenshot.

i really think this is the worst thing they have done.  Worse than Links Of Elyria.  Worse than massive delays and bugs to DSS.  Worse than the recently failed Settlers sale.   Because those were all external to the game.   IMO this is showing they have nothing inside...so they have to take internet photos and photoshop them onto a real forest even though what they show goes against what Kypiq lore says.

Just stunning.

MendelGdemamiNilden

Progress!
    Think about how bad this is.  Not only did they take internet pictures and paste them into a real forest, but ask yourself why?  The only reason I can see would be that they have nothing in game to show.  Think on that.  Nothing they could even use as a screenshot.

i really think this is the worst thing they have done.  Worse than Links Of Elyria.  Worse than massive delays and bugs to DSS.  Worse than the recently failed Settlers sale.   Because those were all external to the game.   IMO this is showing they have nothing inside...so they have to take internet photos and photoshop them onto a real forest even though what they show goes against what Kypiq lore says.

Just stunning.

I agree with everything you said, for me personally the worst thing they have done is parting with SpatialOS. I know many people will not agree with me but for me that was a turning point for this project and made me see that this will never come to fruition. I originally pledged during their KS because i was very excited they were working with Improbable and the SpatialOS tech.

This current Photoshop fiasco is a drop in the bucket, this is nothing. Wait until they actually release something for the community to test, then the real storm will happen.
    Gdemami
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    All will be good. A mood piece is probably a lot like a mood board which literally is:

an arrangement of images, materials, pieces of text, etc. intended to evoke or project a particular style or concept.

So, its totally okay, nothing to see  o:)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

Here is a preview of the next Shiny-  Desert Mood:

DakeruRenGinGintweedledumb99[Deleted User]maskedweaselPhaserlight

• SilverTonguedSilverTongued Member UncommonPosts: 47
    I have to share everybody else’s frustrations here. I too hate seeing what concepts they created months, possibly a year or two, ago.

I want to start seeing last weeks concept art, last weeks milestones and last months achievements. 
    edited January 2020
    I have to share everybody else’s frustrations here. I too hate seeing what concepts they created months, possibly a year or two, ago.

I want to start seeing last weeks concept art, last weeks milestones and last months achievements. 
    How about we just start seeing actual in game progress?  or better yet... lets get players in there.  Significant numbers not just the 20 Ivory Tower loyalists.

GdemamiAnOldFartAsm0deus

Patience my friend. It’s only been 2 or 3 years. Maybe take 1 year away after they got screwed by SpatialOS. MMOs take longer than 1 or 2 years. 
    Patience my friend. It’s only been 2 or 3 years. Maybe take 1 year away after they got screwed by SpatialOS. MMOs take longer than 1 or 2 years. 
    I didn't set the timeline for a 2017 release.  I didn't set the revised timeline for a 2019 release. I also did not claim to have replicated almost all of SpatialOS back when they announced they were dropping it.  So while your points may have merit, they need to be made to the person responsible for those things.  Not me.
    RenGinGinKyleranGdemamiAnOldFartAsm0deus[Deleted User]

Well the comment was directed to you because despite my reluctance, I thought I’d do a little informing. But now I see why there’s no point. Can’t spend all my time helping people understand the entire story when they’re only picking up on bits of it. 
    Slapshot1188KyleranRenGinGinAnOldFartSpottyGekko[Deleted User]
    Well the comment was directed to you because despite my reluctance, I thought I’d do a little informing. But now I see why there’s no point. Can’t spend all my time helping people understand the entire story when they’re only picking up on bits of it. 
    You can't be serious here? Are you trolling or something? The entire story of what? Who are you kidding? Caspian himself said all of this, and when we said it's not possible back then he laughed at us and said watch us be proven wrong. Fast forward to now and what do they have to show? Nothing.
    GdemamiAsm0deus
    Issue reported several months ago AND they even said they are aware of it, yet nothing is done to correct this. If they can't even update their website, what makes you think they can make a game of this scope?

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34576/alpha-and-beta-store-item-descriptions-still-refer-to-voxelyria
    Gdemami
  • TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Yet this stolen picture. Was basically the same as a concept art they shared around KS. Just of course looking realistic. 
    That aside, I'm starting to think some backers are shilling. It's really the only thing that makes sense. You can spot them out easily as well. Some loyal backers, even now don't say anything. Others, no matter what they do, it's the same response. "oh this is awesome". I don't believe people can be that brain dead. 
    Gdemami
    Torrsk said:
    Yet this stolen picture. Was basically the same as a concept art they shared around KS. Just of course looking realistic. 
    That aside, I'm starting to think some backers are shilling. It's really the only thing that makes sense. You can spot them out easily as well. Some loyal backers, even now don't say anything. Others, no matter what they do, it's the same response. "oh this is awesome". I don't believe people can be that brain dead. 
    That is what happens when ppl invest so much into a project, not just money but spending hours daily, some for 5+ years...it's hard to admit to reality, that said we can't put all the blame on oblivious people, Caspian after all has a degree in Psychology and he has shown skill in keeping people as his puppets.
    GdemamiAnOldFart
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    You can't be serious here? Are you trolling or something? The entire story of what? Who are you kidding? Caspian himself said all of this, and when we said it's not possible back then he laughed at us and said watch us be proven wrong. Fast forward to now and what do they have to show? Nothing.
    We've already determined this one is likely a false flag, hence the appearance of living in a state of delusional.
    Gdemami

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon