Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Roccat Kone Pure Ultra Gaming Mouse Review - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageRoccat Kone Pure Ultra Gaming Mouse Review - MMORPG.com

You may have heard the phrase, “the pen is an extension of your body.” The same philosophy should apply to gaming mice. It is a device that allows you to interact with your computer in rather unbelievable ways if you stop to think about it. Thousands of tiny pictures and calculations – because accuracy is key for PC gaming. Today we’re looking at the new Roccat Kone Pure Ultra. Is it worth choosing in an already crowded market? Find out in this review.

Read the full story here

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    lackluster RGB is a pro for me. The flashing blue logo on my logitech G402 is so annoying at night and i don't see a way to turn it off. But hey, it was on sale for like $25 so I can't argue there.

I do like the simplicity of that Roccat mouse.
    alkarionlog

• SiniestrohSiniestroh Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Roccat is trash. No support from the company when product is defective. I will never buy this piece of crap ever.
    rojoArcueidBrotherMaynard
  • cheebacheeba Member UncommonPosts: 196
    lackluster RGB is a pro for me. The flashing blue logo on my logitech G402 is so annoying at night and i don't see a way to turn it off. But hey, it was on sale for like $25 so I can't argue there.

Same software as the 502.  Can you go in the software and click on the Lighting setting(Bulb at the bottom)?  Change the color to black.  That's where/how I turned it off on the 502..
    rojoArcueid

---------------
    Tested over a 115+ games since 1997.

Currently Playing:

Played(Retired): AOL NWN(91-95), UO, EQ1/2, DAoC, CoX, Lineage1/2, SWG(Pre CU/NGE), Planetside, Anarchy Online, FFXI, AC, Vanguard, D&D, AoC, DCUO, Rift, Eve, others

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    cheeba said:

Same software as the 502.  Can you go in the software and click on the Lighting setting(Bulb at the bottom)?  Change the color to black.  That's where/how I turned it off on the 502..

I used to have the 502 and never noticed that setting. I'll reinstall the software on my windows drive and do that. Thanks for the tip!

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    edited January 2020
    The center buttons don't seem to be advantageously placed. They would be under your hand, no?

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Amathe said:
    The center buttons don't seem to be advantageously placed. They would be under your hand, no?
    Right behind the wheel is a decent place for dpi switching, but using it for anything else isn't very convenient. I have the g904 or whatever and it's like that. I don't switch dpi anyway so really they are completely useless to me. 
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    edited January 2020
    I had a Kone years ago that I really liked, and switched to a g502 which I used for many years. Now I bought a Kone again - It took quite awhile to get used to the grip of the kone after using the g502 for so long, but after some months of use I am starting to appreciate the Kone again. It is something about the grip and hand position, accuracy and maybe size of the Kone that in the beginning tend to make me unintentionally lift the mouse.. until I got used to it and started to relax.
    I don't Imagine that a lighter version of a Kone is something that I would appreciate.
    I still miss the unrestricted scroll wheel of the Logitech though :)
  • GameByNightGameByNight Hardware and Technology EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 793

Aori said:

I thought Roccat died last year.

They were bought by Turtle Beach.
  • girish123963girish123963 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Hey, try our new game “word cross style” made for Improves Vocabulary,Releases Stress,Improves Mental Health https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.onerostech.word
  • JeffSpicoli214JeffSpicoli214 Newbie CommonPosts: 11
    Thanks for the review.
    bng28