Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shiny Day (01/09/20) Copy, Pasta Job

RenGinGinRenGinGin Member UncommonPosts: 29
First off, what the hell am I looking at? Has anyone seen this week's "shiny"? It looks ridiculous! Aren't we past this kind of showcasing? 

https://www.chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34562/shiny-day-01092020-little-boxes-on-the-hillside-and-theyre-all-made-of-shiny-ironwood?page=2#post384104

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited January 2020
    This is just a drawing right. Not in the game right ?

I would expect by now actually game footage that looked like that not drawings.
    GdemamiKyleranAmathe

• AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    Just got to love those that criticise the millions spent and just concept art has been produced get massively down voted.

Seems to me Slapshot is right re. Official forums being an echo chamber. 
    GdemamiMendelRenGinGin[Deleted User]
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Speaking of echoes, I see this site's is back.

;)
    AnOldFartMendelRenGinGin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    edited January 2020

Prelyria screenshot of animals
    RenGinGin[Deleted User]Phaserlight

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Prelyria screenshot of animals
    Good lord ! That is a far cry from the drawing. Looking at the caliber of this I don't expect anything like that drawing to ever come out from this team.
    AmatheRenGinGinGdemamicheyane[Deleted User][Deleted User]

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    If all they have to share is a "mood piece" that is not in the game, that puts me in a bad mood.

And those pics @Slapshot1188 shared are awful. 
    MendelRenGinGinGdemamikitarad[Deleted User]

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Amathe said:
    If all they have to share is a "mood piece" that is not in the game, that puts me in a bad mood.

These pictures are the reality of the project though. Now compare that to the promises made and try not to laugh.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    AmatheGdemami[Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    To quote a famous man, "Good grief".

More concept art, cause that's what this game really needs to move it forward.  What are the chances that the SBS team simply purchased some third party art and plastered their logo on it?

RenGinGinAmatheGdemamiPhaserlight

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

lahnmir said:
    Amathe said:

These pictures are the reality of the project though. Now compare that to the promises made and try not to laugh.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    For me it's try not to cry. 

My first pc game kickstarter and my last... 
    RenGinGin
    edited January 2020
    Mendel said:

More concept art, cause that's what this game really needs to move it forward.  What are the chances that the SBS team simply purchased some third party art and plastered their logo on it?

Wasn't going to double post then I saw a conversation on discord about a watermark on the picture.... 

Just under the watermarked picture was this... 

RenGinGinTillerGdemami
  • RenGinGinRenGinGin Member UncommonPosts: 29
    edited January 2020
    I know these topics have been done on end, but can we talk about the general CoE  community  mood on that thread? I'm scrolling  through, and the general, "Wow, these look great."  or "I found where I want to live." Like are these for real?

Are people just shocked that the studio is showing us craptastic 'mood pieces' that their brain just, kinda snapped?
    Gdemami
  • RenGinGinRenGinGin Member UncommonPosts: 29
    AnOldFart said:
    Mendel said:

Wasn't going to double post then I saw a conversation on discord about a watermark on the picture.... 

Enhance.....enhance....
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    RenGinGin said:
    I know these topics have been done on end, but can we talk about the general CoE  community  mood on that thread? I'm scrolling  through, and the general, "Wow, these look great."  or "I found where I want to live." Like are these for real?

Are people just shocked that the studio is showing us craptastic 'mood pieces' that their brain just, kinda snapped?
    I agree, facinating the shiny has 46 likes and in general the majority of posts are almost nauseatingly positive.

Even some folks asking in ernest if this is an actual in game Unreal 4 image.

Of course, anyone attempting to point out the emperor has no clothes is being furiously downvoted. 

It's almost surreal how obtuse or uncaring most backers are regarding the game.

As long as SBS says they are working on the game, the backers overall are quite willing to support it.

Again, there's cult leaders who can only dream of such loyalty.
    GdemamiAnOldFartKalingorn0728

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

What's with the 1800s style circular globe lights above the door to the central home?

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    I don't follow this game but the title of the thread had Pasta in it, and I'm a little hungry.

Thread disappoints.
    AmatheRenGinGinKyleranAnOldFarttweedledumb99[Deleted User]Phaserlight

AnOldFart said:
    Mendel said:

Just under the watermarked picture was this... 

So I saw this and had to go look.  The picture on the left can be found here:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0YkN0aVQAQlfZN.jpg

So I thought: OK maybe they just photoshopped their building art onto a picture of a forest.  Kind of lame but... OK..
    Then I saw this part:

The picture on the right is from someone's pinterest page...
    https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/3588874683963727/

My next reaction was that this is the worst thing I have seen them try to pass off, but then I remembered I am being positive so I am just going to leave that there for others to digest on their own.

AmatheKyleranAnOldFartGdemamitweedledumb99cheebaNildenStaalBurgherAsm0deus[Deleted User]and 1 other.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

ROFL so it wasn't even an original idea. The artist just drew something from Pinterest. This game is all kinds of fail. I didn't read the reaction of the backers but it is a lot like the numbnuts from Star Citizens.
    AmatheGdemami

edited January 2020
    SURPRISE!

Chronicles of Elyria, hereafter to be known as the Milli Vanilli of the mmorpg genre. 
    Slapshot1188

One more.  seems like even the large centerpiece building is cut and pasted from elsewhere:

Amathe

One more.  seems like even the large centerpiece building is cut and pasted from elsewhere:

Please stop! It's already bad enough.  :s

AmatheKylerancheeba

kitarad said:

It appears that it is not even a drawing.  From all the information I can see, it seems that someone just went around the internet and cut pictures and pasted them into one file to create this.  As I said before, this could be the worst thing they have done to date IMHO.
    kitaradAmatheKyleranGdemamiStaalBurgherAsm0deus[Deleted User]Phaserlight

kitarad said:

It appears that it is not even a drawing.  From all the information I can see, it seems that someone just went around the internet and cut pictures and pasted them into one file to create this.  As I said before, this could be the worst thing they have done to date IMHO.
    I think at this point they might no longer care since they have a core of blind idiots that seem to be uninterested in actual progress and willing to just swallow the shit shovelled into their mouths. I mean come on no effort was made in this.
    Slapshot1188AmatheKyleranGdemami

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    To be fair,what did we recently or over the past two years see here on this site?

Crowfall concept art,other games and recently Diablo4 concept art.

All you need to do is drop your hook line n sinker in the right spot,waver that bait a little and SNAG...GOT ONE !!!.
    oh man i think i caught a good one this time,help me reel this in,it's a big one.......awww just a clump of seaweed.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Just in - next week's concept art:

Slapshot1188KyleranMendelkitaradcheebaTorrskSpottyGekkoGreatness[Deleted User]Phaserlight