Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who else is super hyped about this game?

Comments

• Haki88Haki88 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    limited to 50v50, mostly PvE..... they should just make offline rpg game with ability to connect to remote pcs and play with friends :)
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    They vastly cut the scope.

I played the Alpha and the design made sense with the scope, without it, the MMO won't live that much beyond the standard MMO we've been used to.

I do am mixed about its success, will check in once the gameplay tests begin to see where it is now since the pre-alpha.
    Kyleran
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Is this going to be EA or are they shipping a finished vision, then just adding content?
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Back when PvP wasn't limited to 50vs50 instanced battles I was excited to see how it was going to turn out. It was giving off a 3D Albion vibe which had me kind of excited.
    Now though it's feeling like a H1Z1 battle royale just with extra people.
    This entire game now from everything being limited just to release asap is feeling so much like H1Z1 before launch.
  • bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    edited January 2020
    Looks to be a heavily coated PVP game. That's why there is not much hype. Don't devs realize that the vast majority of people that play MMORPGs, DO NOT want PVP. HEAVY pass on this one. Another one gets buried after 6 months.
    bcbullyphoenixfire2
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    I wanna be excited for it but I get the feeling it'll just be built for streamers. It's smart on amazon's part but not my cup of tea. Who knows? Maybe it'll be awesome ? Remember the guy who said H1Z1 was a game for SWG players to be excited about? Yea he works at Amazon now!

"It's got a heavy amount of sandbox elements that made SWG what it was," explained Smedley.

Yikes!
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    goboygo said:
    Is this going to be EA or are they shipping a finished vision, then just adding content?
    When has there ever been an MMO that was finished at launch?
    KylerancheebaRich84Sovrath
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• lunatislunatis Member UncommonPosts: 261
    They confirmed NO LOOT BOXES today. That's good news. I'm very hopeful about this game ? We will get the big pvpve news the comming week and another alpha very soon too!
    Kyleran
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    DrunkWolf said:
    everything sounds good and fun, but i just cant let myself get hyped anymore about games coming out. been let down way to many times.

Will need to play the beta to see.
    yes, I don't buy games if I don't investigate first ill watch the beta on twitch the only games I buy without any question is the games from From Soft and Team Ninja, Dark Souls games and Nioh.
    lunatis
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    We shall see but I'd rather support some Indie than Amazon.
    lunatisNorseGod
  • trikerytrikery Member UncommonPosts: 15
    edited January 2020
    Haki88 said:
    limited to 50v50, mostly PvE..... they should just make offline rpg game with ability to connect to remote pcs and play with friends :)
    This felt like a miscommunication in the German article, having played Alpha I can understand how this could have been mistaken.  The same can be said for the toggling which could have been poorly explained.  
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381
    My interest is totally dependent  on how they handle the pvp/pve.   Wasn't interested before, might be interested now.  Depending.... 

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,507
    I am not looking forward to this game. 1000 people on a single server- meh.
    NorseGod

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    We shall see but I'd rather support some Indie than Amazon.
    all gaming companies are scum and big companies like Amazon we just play the games for entertainment if you only wanted to play games from companies that had people that were really good moral people you would never have had any games to play they are all evil that's the world we live in.
    Kyleran
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    edited January 2020
    Mensur said:
    1000 people on a single server

Kyleranalkarionlog
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Moderately hyped. I was going to give it a complete pass when it was still generic survival gankfest #467437, but I might actually try it now depending on what I see of the rest of the features and gameplay.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• lunatislunatis Member UncommonPosts: 261
    NorseGod said:
    Mensur said:

They said AT LEAST 1000 people per server. Once you see the map and understand the scope of the battlefields you'll understand why that makes sense. It's an open world, they need to be able to manage all these people heading to a war if they have to.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    For Christmas I got some new socks. That was vastly more exciting to me.
    mmolouKyleran

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

lunatis said:
    NorseGod said:
    Mensur said:

They said AT LEAST 1000 people per server. Once you see the map and understand the scope of the battlefields you'll understand why that makes sense. It's an open world, they need to be able to manage all these people heading to a war if they have to.
    Nope. They are limited by a poor engine not because they are doing it for "reasons".
    Rovn
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    edited January 2020
    Mensur said:
    I am not looking forward to this game. 1000 people on a single server- meh.

If there are loads of players about, do you really count how many players are online. If you join a guild and it's lively, do you really notice. 

Don't get me wrong, I want as many people as possible on a server but your comment is pathetic.

One thousand people on a server at anyone time in this day and age is a good start imo.

How long has it been since we have had a non CF tripple A mmo to look forward to in the west, years I would say. To think that you are moaning over a one thousand server population which is a minimum is pathetic.

Perhaps the mmo genra has made some of us jaded to the point where we are not even prepared to give a western non CF mmo a chance. 
    Azaron_Nightblade

DMKano said:
    With PvP being 50v50

1000 per server is pretty pointless 
    And of course, there's that. Good point.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    NorseGod said:
    lunatis said:
    NorseGod said:
    Mensur said:

Nope. They are limited by a poor engine not because they are doing it for "reasons".
    Or they want to keep it organized instead of everything turning into zerg guilds.
    50 vs 50 is more than enough to make for a good battle.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    NorseGod said:
    lunatis said:
    NorseGod said:
    Mensur said:

Or they want to keep it organized instead of everything turning into zerg guilds.
    But not enough for a decent war.

I want to re-fight the Battle for Helms Deep, 50 on 50 just won't do.

bcbully

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• uotowndrunk2uotowndrunk2 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    edited January 2020
    I have noticed that the Hype Meter has went from 9.50 a few days ago to near around 8.76, nearly a full point. This means its volatile and until they answer some of the major questions, will linger. Developer, just remember that most of the games that are still high on the Hype meter here at MMORPG are not full open world PVP.
    bentrim
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited January 2020
    Kyleran said:
    NorseGod said:
    lunatis said:
    NorseGod said:
    Mensur said:

But not enough for a decent war.

I want to re-fight the Battle for Helms Deep, 50 on 50 just won't do.

In Wushu I remember the days when our alliance ours was 3 guilds where fighting multiple alliances for our keeps hundreds of people battling across the game world. Winning one then arriving in the final moments to save another, great times.

Post edited by bcbully on
    Kyleran
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"