Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Total War: Warhammer II - The Shadow and The Blade Impressions - Not So MMO - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageTotal War: Warhammer II - The Shadow and The Blade Impressions - Not So MMO - MMORPG.com

Total War: WARHAMMER II – The Shadow and The Blade adds a batch of new units and a couple of new legendary lords. It accompanies an FLC legendary lord and some revisions to the rules that ostensibly help the game move a little better. And, for a reasonable price, the new lords, accompanying start locations, and features bolster campaign difficulty and fun.

Read the full story here

Comments

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    I've been playing TWWH2 every day for about a month now and I have to say I'm impressed with this DLC.

Deathmaster Snikch has been my one true favorite Skaven for decades ever since me and my best friend started playing Warhammer together.  He picked Skaven and I picked Dwarfs and I fell in love with the way the Skaven played against me.

These two new Legendary Lords play very differently from the other armies in the game, but that's really what makes it great.  If you've played all of the standard lords and heroes you want to play with their standard campaigns, then here's a couple more with some twists to make them more interesting and sometimes more difficult.

That being said, holy shitballs the new Poison Wind Globadier Renowned unit is sickening.  I had a game once where they got 220 kills all by themselves and wiped two units of bretonnian knights off of the battlefield.

The only DLC so far that I've really been unimpressed with for this entire game has been the Vampire Pirates.  Why in the world they decided that, out of all of Warhammer's rich history and lore, they needed to add in a roster of units that was never an official product is beyond me.

Vampire Coast was only ever a couple of pages in one issue of White Dwarf Magazine and instead of adding in the Ogre Kingdoms which have an actual goddamn army book, 15 year history in the game, tons of lore.... yadda yadda.  They add pirates... because pirates are cool I guess.

Only problem is:  Pirates tend to have runaway successes in half of my games and take over 50-75% of the game world which means I spend the late game of several games now, fighting nothing but stacks of Necrofex Collossus units.  Every fight... nothing but pirates.  It gets old.
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    End turn timer is much faster than before. no need wait 2 min turns, its 10-20 sec now.
    Huntrezz
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Turn time reduction has been a little xmas miracle. The best thing about this update for sure.
  • ZebrassZebrass Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Xarko said:
    Turn time reduction has been a little xmas miracle. The best thing about this update for sure. mycfavisit
    If you've played all of the standard lords and heroes you want to play with their standard campaigns, then here's a couple more with some twists to make them more interesting and sometimes more difficult.