Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bethesda Shares Information About New Wastelanders Update Area for Fallout 76 - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    OG_Zorvan said:

Kyleran said:

Jutebox said:

Rivan12 said:

Albatroes said:

They didn't share information about how the people who got their stuff stolen (which included cash shop stuff as well) will be compensated? I'm sure those people aren't that excited for this update until they get some news about their stolen stuff.

They have actually been in touch with this very small/tiny/minute portion of the player base. Since neither you or I have been a victim they haven't been in touch with US. But, they are working hand in hand with those affected. It has been patched and I am not worried. Good game with hater syndrome.

My ticket on the matter has not been answered nor have I been compensated. There is a video of some guy doing it to 100+ people in less then a hour and another of one doing it to 500+. They copy write claimed it as well.

This game has had bad press because they treated people horribly so its not a matter of opinion, when you have a company slap a broken game together for money then you should walk away. Hell no one should play this game simply because its a bunch of thrown together fallout 4 assets with skyrim btw, and then the hate for the mod community? Like okay what the fuck are you high? You can defend the game all you want thou, it just makes you look ignorant.

You sound like a bit of a liar....doubt theres 500 people playing the PC version at any one time...just the time to travel around the map, loot the 12 to 14 in it, log out and then log in again would far exceed one hour, not counting the fact you sometimes would find yourself back in a world you already visited.

Remember,  the bug was fixed in less than 12 hours...so I'm calling BS on your post.

There was a video of the guy hitting hundreds of people, he was just server hopping when he'd run out of players on a server. So this one isn't BS.
    I'll call the video a fake then, I play the game, you can't physically log in, FT to 14 or so people and repeat 35 plus times in an hour, the damn game is dog slow, taking 30 second or more with every transport, and fresh server log up to a minute.

Heck, you can't even fast travel directly to a random player, you'd have to FT to a nearby landmark, go find them if they were on the move etc.

I might believe they did it across several hours and time compressed the video,  but then I'd find a huge outcry of butthurt players which I havent found either in game or on the internet.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Arterius said:
    Tenaka30 said:

Arterius said:

I deserve it obviously

No, you didn't. Too many companies think they are above all laws and rules regarding sales of goods and services these days. Glad your bank had your back in this instance.
    That is true and I also want to make clear that I didn't expect the Fallout 76 game to be fixed completely. I did expect the Fallout 1st perks to work however. I did lose my stash, Private servers were not private (has been talked about) which I witnessed first hand, among other problems. 
    You did a charge back on $12.99?

As far as I know all lost stashes were restored and the private instances were actually private, as long as you didnt have anyone on your friends list.

They patched it a month or so back so now one can restrict access to friends only or team only....or again, no one if you like.

If you meant you can't run your own server,  they never promised you could, what they delivered is indeed private, just not in the manner some were expecting. (I.e like many survival games do)

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CitizenX007CitizenX007 Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Tenaka30 said:

Arterius said:

I deserve it obviously

No, you didn't. Too many companies think they are above all laws and rules regarding sales of goods and services these days. Glad your bank had your back in this instance.

Software companies, and especially video game companies, are above the law because there are no laws or regulations to restrict their behaviors...they are completely unaccountable to anyone and may do as they wish.
  • MechanismMechanism Member UncommonPosts: 143
    It's a shame they haven't let you use a car since fallout 2 I think it was? I mean they're all over the place and even if you can't get working car parts there are plenty of working robot parts around that might do.
    Kyleran
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Wizardry said:
    Albatroes said:
    They didn't share information about how the people who got their stuff stolen (which included cash shop stuff as well) will be compensated? I'm sure those people aren't that excited for this update until they get some news about their stolen stuff.
    Worse is your kind of statement  would be met with abrupt actions by Bethesda,they rather HIDE any and all negativity,SSSHHH keep quiet,we have marketing and sales to make.
    That's just about any company though lol

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• SplitStream13SplitStream13 Member UncommonPosts: 250
    edited January 2020
    Kyleran said:

Remember,  the bug was fixed in less than 12 hours...so I'm calling BS on your post.
    I'm calling bullshit on YOUR post. This bug was known for far longer than 12 hours. You clearly aren't visiting FO76's official forum. 
    [Deleted User]
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    ill play it for fun when it goes free if the download is not too big dont want to waste my time with crap.
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    Arterius said:
    Fallout 1st was so broken for me that I wrote them asking for a refund. They refused so I went through my card holder explained the problems and got a charge back. They banned me.

I deserve it obviously just thought it was funny that when I tried to log in yesterday after a month or two break that I wasn't allowed too.
    Do they just ban the account (email only) or is there like a ip or cc ban too I wonder?

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

Arterius said:
    Kyleran said:
    Arterius said:
    Tenaka30 said:

Arterius said:

I deserve it obviously

That is true and I also want to make clear that I didn't expect the Fallout 76 game to be fixed completely. I did expect the Fallout 1st perks to work however. I did lose my stash, Private servers were not private (has been talked about) which I witnessed first hand, among other problems. 
    You did a charge back on $12.99?

As far as I know all lost stashes were restored and the private instances were actually private, as long as you didnt have anyone on your friends list.

They patched it a month or so back so now one can restrict access to friends only or team only....or again, no one if you like.

If you meant you can't run your own server,  they never promised you could, what they delivered is indeed private, just not in the manner some were expecting. (I.e like many survival games do)
    cash back of $103 I believe after tax but I would have to check my back statement. I bought a year in advance like an idiot 
    OK, that makes sense, $100 is too much to lose for a game you are unlikely to play again.

edited January 2020
    Kyleran said:

I'm calling bullshit on YOUR post. This bug was known for far longer than 12 hours. You clearly aren't visiting FO76's official forum. 

Naw, I find posts from random Reddit users more informative than "official forums."

Keeps down on the fake news.

;)

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/egslur/did_bethesda_fix_the_inventory_bug/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=comments_view_all

Mechanism said:
    It's a shame they haven't let you use a car since fallout 2 I think it was? I mean they're all over the place and even if you can't get working car parts there are plenty of working robot parts around that might do.
    I believe Fallout Tactics permitted use of multiple vehicles including a tank...but not many played it I don't think.