Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tales of Wind Now Available on PC - MMORPG.com News

2»

Comments

• mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Digital games in general are up 3% YoY generating $120.1 billion in 2019. Of that, 64.4 billion was on mobile, $29.6 billion on PC, and $15.4 billion on console.

So thats why they make more and more mobile sh*t with afk exping.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited January 2020
    I'm more bothered by the name. People who might be getting into the amazing "Tales of" series for the first time could be misled by this trash thinking it's the latest game in the series and getting a sour impression. No connection between the two.
    Aeander

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    A Tale of Wind? I heard it blows....
    Badump-Tss!
    I'll see myself out. 
    Forgrimm

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874
    I've played this game when it released on Mobile for like a month. It's not that bad for a mobile MMO. You guys need to lighten up a bit. 
  • barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618
    As to the antivirus programs popping up alerts on this program, that often happens with new software they don't have any information on yet.
    It's just a bit of paranoia from the antivirus venders. I often have to deal with it when some of my games or other software have an update I have to download as well.

That paranoia doesn't mean the software is either infected or safe, just that the antivirus program doesn't know jack about the software it just scanned. Of course this type of false positive is very common with the installers for new software or new versions of software.

I guess it boils down to if you risk it or not.
    In this case, I don't have sufficient trust with that company, or it's "credentials" to trust installing it's software yet, especially since it's just a mobile money grab "game" from china.

After all people, anything with "autoplay" can't actually be a game since the purpose of a game is for you to play it for entertainment, and if you aren't even necessary, where the heck is your entertainment coming from?
    It's like buying a fancy dinner that nobody, not even you, gets to eat, and it's not for charity purposes either.

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    A Tale of Wind? I heard it blows....
    Badump-Tss!
    I'll see myself out. 
    I heard you can easily break it...

I'm right behind you.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,837
    I'm more bothered by the name. People who might be getting into the amazing "Tales of" series for the first time could be misled by this trash thinking it's the latest game in the series and getting a sour impression. No connection between the two.
    I know I clicked the article expecting that. 

Though Tales has hardly been fantastic as of late. Berseria was pretty good, but none of the post-Vesperia entries live up to the big 3 (Abyss, Symphonia, and Vesperia). Zestiria was outright garbage.

Plus, they do a lot of mobile entries to the series now.

That said, I am hoping for Tales of Arise to turn things around. It looks good. Fingers crossed.