Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Witcher 3 Sees All-Time Peak Player Count on Steam - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    It's a good story. But is it really a good game?

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,971
    Aeander said:
    DMKano said:

Iselin said:

People doing it wrong. They should be playing The Witcher 1 like I am. Freaking tourists :)

It takes a strong will to replay the first one nowdays.

The first 5+ hours are pretty awful in that one
    Personally, I think the first Witcher game is one of those rare few games that may be better to watch than to play.

Fascinating story. Deeply flawed gameplay. 
    Never watch, only play!
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Arterius said:
    Deyirn said:
    I bought and refunded this dumb game. It's so overrated, it's the same thing like with Skyrim - same overrated trash. Hope this hype dies soon, the game is nothing but Gothic/Risen with new graphics and a different setting and those games don't have much replay value after you play them once.

The real RPG king is TES 3 Morrowind.
    Deyirn said:
    I bought and refunded this dumb game. It's so overrated, it's the same thing like with Skyrim - same overrated trash. Hope this hype dies soon, the game is nothing but Gothic/Risen with new graphics and a different setting and those games don't have much replay value after you play them once.

I have no words for this. So I will just post this gif...

I would have gone with the Tidus laugh, but that works too.
    [Deleted User]
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    DMKano said:
    Nope not replaying as I didnt enjoy the game much nor the show.

I am hoping what the show producers say will hold up- that season 2 will be tons better and will fix the weaknesses of season 1.

I hope they can pull it off.

As far as uptick on steam and uptick in book sales - 100% because of the Netflix series- there is no question

Palebane[Deleted User]TacticalZombehAeander

• MurmaiderMurmaider Member UncommonPosts: 123
    Afraid that I, too, have picked back up playing TW3.
    I never finished it before but plan to play it all the way through with the DLCs as well.

This doesn't surprise me, though. I talked to a friend that works for Barnes & Noble and she said ever since the series released, they have been having an extremly hard time keeping the books in stock.

I believe that's why a deal was quickly struck for CDPR to continue with the rights to the series as well. It woukd be a bad business decision for them to let the IP slip away now.

Hell, the series is beating out the Mandalorian on streaming charts, currently.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,971
    edited January 2020
    I can understand people who think the games and series are not that good, even though they were good in my eyes (ok still only on ep 4). But to think they were bad? Tell us what a good game and TV series is then? Maybe the genre is just not for them?
  • SplitStream13SplitStream13 Member UncommonPosts: 250
    edited January 2020
    Scot said:
    I can understand people who think the games and series are not that good, even though they were good in my eyes (ok still only on ep 4). But to think they were bad? Tell us what a good game and TV series is then? Maybe the genre is just not for them?
    Happy I'm not one of those special snowflakes. Bought the book collection and already read through the first book. The last wish. Planning to replay the game fully since I have the GOTY. Too bad I only have so little free time v_v 
    Scot
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Deyirn said:

I am on the same boat.
    I bought the Witcher trilogy but I can’t get into any of them.

Nothing wrong with the games, it’s just personal taste.
    I like my RPGs to be sandboxy, that’s why I like Bethesda IPs (Fallout and TES).

Morrowind was probably the best.
    I don’t even remember the main Storyline, or if there was one at all.
    I just love wandering around Morrowind map discovering its mysteries and lore.

I don’t particularly like heavy story driven RPG like Dragon Age and the Witcher, sometimes it feels like watching a movie, but I just want to actively play a game.

• SplitStream13SplitStream13 Member UncommonPosts: 250
    Deyirn said:

Are you sure you bought The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt or something else? 

No replay value? Bruh ... you definitely haven't played the game. If nothing else then GWENT gives you plenty of replayability LOL. 

And that's just the core game. The DLCs add tons of systems and new features especially Blood and Wine.

The combat is a bit stiff and requires mastery but once you get the hang of it, it starts to shine. And no, dodging/rolling 99% of the time like you'd do in Dark Souls is not something you want to do in fights.