Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any profound ideals or views come from your MMORPG experience

2»

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    A few things I want to say in this thread on my ideals and opinions on the MMO game design that I would like going forward.  I am kind of spent on time, so forgive me for the lack of detail if it comes off that way.
    I think you're in the wrong thread.  Your reply would make a lot more sense as a reply to this one:

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/486357/mmorpg-feature-lineup#latest
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Here's some life lessons I've learned from MMOs

Drama can bring down even the best of organizations.

You can't have a well functioning team without a clear statement of vision, and the clearer the vision is made, the faster the team pulls together.

Nothing causes drama faster than perceived unfairness ... especially if it involves romance of any flavor.

Perception often counts for more than reality.

Most people are only about half as good as they think they are.

Don't confuse the vocal minority with majority opinion.

There's no better government than a benevolent monarch (or dictator). There's no worse government than a incompetent monarch (or dictator). 

The corollary to the above statement is that a democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the other forms of government.

Nothing bleeds worse than stagnation. Sometimes moving, even if it's in the wrong direction, is better than just standing in the fire.

Lag is not a valid excuse for anything.

Voice Chat does not automatically make you succeed. Lack of voice chat is also not an excuse for failure. Voice chat is just a tool and it does not create or replace skill.