Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Caspien teases "other forms of revenue and investments for the studio"

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

Caspian ☁Yesterday at 3:48 PM

There's been a lot of changes the last two months. A ton of new hires and more to come. There's also a lot happening on the development side. I've got some business development stuff I may consider doing that I've only been toying with, and looking at other forms of revenue and investments for the studio, but nothing concrete yet. Some of these plans need some more bake time. Some need advice from my advisory board. Some just rely on the completion of a specific internal milestone before I can move the plans forward.

So I guess he is admitting that the Lootboxes were a failure on multiple levels...
If only he could produce an actual product that people could play... then he wouldn't need alternate forms of revenue. I mean he said he could produce a full and complete game, with all bells whistles and testing by Dec 2017 for let's call it $4M.  It's now 2020 and he has raised double that amount of money.   He doesn't have a revenue problem he has a management and planning problem.

PS: Love the whole "advisory board" concept. Dude has like 20 people and his revenue stream is donations but he needs an "advisory board"?  Well, if they have been advising him thus far, I think he needs a new board.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

GdemamiRenGinGintweedledumb99Kylerannewbismx

Comments

• Haki88Haki88 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    He needs advisory board on advisory board
    RenGinGin
  • BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 567
    Haki88 said:
    He needs advisory board on advisory board
    Perhaps it's already happening...

Kyleran
  • SilverTonguedSilverTongued Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Did you forget to include the quote where he feels the ”lootboxes” didn’t meet his expectations or is that how you interpret this comment?
  • RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 808
    Here's an idea on how to generate revenue. Make an actual fucking game.
    Slapshot1188Mendel
    I like to complain about games.
  • TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    He teased on discord several months back about meeting people for funding. Clearly didn't go well, since it was never brought up again. 
    GdemamiRenGinGin
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Torrsk said:
    He teased on discord several months back about meeting people for funding. Clearly didn't go well, since it was never brought up again. 
    They probably didn’t like his Gantt charts

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018