Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 Reasons Why SBS Will Succeed

SilverTonguedSilverTongued Member UncommonPosts: 47

Hi guys just came across this forum and I’m absolutely appalled by some of the comments in here. For those that don’t believe we evolved from apes, they can come in here and see that the process hasn’t quite finished yet.

1. Moderation of the Community

As you’ve noticed the COE discord is a brilliant place to hang out. We do have lots of critics, myself included, but by excluding great apes like many of you in here, the room is a productive place. Unfortunately, the moderators do have to wipe the shit off the walls when primates barge their way in but if it wasn’t for the moderation, there’d be no adults in the room and it would stink of animal waste.

2. Ability to take responsibility 

It’s difficult to say you were wrong and to say you were sorry and sometimes hard to take responsibility. The SBS dev team have shown time and time again the ability to self-analyse and remain humble as things don’t quite work out. This level of maturity is not recognised among chimps as their pre frontal cortex hasn’t quite developed yet. Just a heads up in case you’re one of those who don’t recognise the humility. 

3. Ambition

No MMO has aimed to achieve such high levels of gameplay. Most games you just have your own guild on a leaderboard and your own place where you reside and that’s as far as it goes. The depth, the ideas and the intrigue will be like no other. 

4. Smart Funding

By taking advantage of wealthy people who have lots of money to spend on luxuries, and offering items that are not the usual riff raff like a backers costume or hat, the funding for this game has exceeded expectations. Not only are the items fun to buy and useful, but they don’t allow advantages. There’s a lot of misconception among chimpanzees that this game is pay 2 win. Possibly because the idea that you can lose everything to any one of the plethora of challenges is something that our cousins can’t quite grasp yet.

5. The Talent 

Caspian has proven time and time again to be a motivating and effective leader. By working using efficient systems, the devs are able to get their work done a lot quicker than otherwise. With talent like Snipehunter on the team, the realisation of this game is much greater than before. Heats artwork is imaginative and original while Souza has the intelligence to create ecosystems and animals with a hint of fantasy. I can’t comment on other developers but I’m sure they’re just as talented and as hard working.

Having spent half a million of his own money, Caspian is dedicated to this project with the motive to Get COE or Die Tryin. God gave him a special talent and he is utilising it to the best of his abilities. God also gave you guys a chance to outgrow your primitive thinking. I suggest you take it. 

IselinlaseritRenGinGinRemaliUngoodKumaponKyleran[Deleted User][Deleted User]mmolouand 7 others.

Comments

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Assuming there will be something like a release for this game..

I fear I simply do not want to be a part of their community if this is what we have to expect.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Sigh, @Slapshot1188 was correct, just a false flag afterall.
    RenGinGin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Dakeru said:
    Assuming there will be something like a release for this game..

I fear I simply do not want to be a part of their community if this is what we have to expect.
    No worries,  most aren't douches, just a bit overzealous in their faith. 

RenGinGin

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• goldboyy45goldboyy45 Member UncommonPosts: 301
    This will be a fun post to go back to in the future when CoE fails to launch a game.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Kyleran said:
    Sigh, @Slapshot1188 was correct, just a false flag afterall.
    Yeah... it started as a 5/10 rating for effort but has degraded to the point of just being a waste of time.

RenGinGin[Deleted User]Kyleran[Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• EhliyaEhliya Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Great apes are actually quite peaceful unless provoked.
    RenGinGin[Deleted User]Asm0deusDakeruMendel
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Hey, I hope your right. I hope they do release something and it is successful. But its like that little magic eight ball use to say, all signs point to no.
    RenGinGin
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    I just read the OP and spit my water all over the screen... :D
    RenGinGin[Deleted User]Kyleran
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    edited January 2020
    I think the OP does a good job of separating the chimps from the chumps ;)
    RenGinGinDakeruRoin

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited January 2020
    1. Censorship
    2. Throwing your team in front of a bus when things go wrong, several times even.
    3. Yup, you got me there.
    4. Risking someone else’s money and not your own, and paying yourself with your own money really doesn’t count..... Get said money by promising the moon and aggressive sales. Very smart indeed, for the developers.
    5. EVERYTHING has gone wrong up till now, except for a couple of sales literally nothing has gone as promised or planned.

And all of the above without an actual game to show, and somehow we are the ones who don’t get it? What year is 2020, the year of The Fool? Get out of here man.

Edit. You know what is great about being here? You can come in and be a critical douche and you won’t be banned (you’re still here right?) If we take your attitude and apply it on “your” forums a ban will follow swiftly.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    KyleranRenGinGin[Deleted User]ScotMendel[Deleted User]Kumapontweedledumb99
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    LOL! Can't say I read anything after you said the echo chamber of CoE discord is a great place to hang out. I know being in a bubble is awesome.
    RenGinGin[Deleted User]AnOldFart
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    OP, its New Years, not April Fools.
    Slapshot1188Kyleran[Deleted User]Asm0deusDakeru[Deleted User]tweedledumb99Torrsk
    edited January 2020
    I'd have to go with this response to the OP. (a classic)

[Deleted User][Deleted User]Asm0deusAlbatroesRoin[Deleted User]KumaponDafAtRandom

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404
    edited January 2020
    I guess the OP chose that username as some kind of "clever" oxymoron then... I mean it's the only conclusion one can come too after reading his post......lolz
    Mendel

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Thank you for your contribution Caspian.
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Can't tell if sarcastic or serious.  The user name kinda implies the former though.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited January 2020

Hi guys just came across this forum and I’m absolutely appalled by some of the comments in here. For those that don’t believe we evolved from apes, they can come in here and see that the process hasn’t quite finished yet.

Welcome to the Forums! :smile: 

I am sorry replies have been less than solicitous, but the track record of Soulbound has hardly been as stellar as you describe. Could I also suggest that starting out by saying anyone who queries CoE must still be an ape helped engender the responses you got.

Regardless, you still get a welcome!

Kyleran
  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    I think this is the comment that got me laughing the most....

Souza has the intelligence to create ecosystems and animals with a hint of fantasy.

• AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    Now I'm unfortunately on my phone and so it cocked up on the quote there meaning my reply was stuck in quote tags. 

@SilverTongued please explain how

1) Its difficult to go on to the encyclopedia britanica and find biomes that fit your narrative?

2) How taking two animals in our world and mashing them together somehow makes someone intelligent... 
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    AnOldFart said:

2) How taking two animals in our world and mashing them together somehow makes someone intelligent... 
    I remember Avatar that Nickelodeon show for kids did this 10 years ago.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Image result for kool aid.gif

Kyleran

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• SilverTonguedSilverTongued Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Scot said:

Welcome to the Forums! :smile: 

I am sorry replies have been less than solicitous, but the track record of Soulbound has hardly been as stellar as you describe. Could I also suggest that starting out by saying anyone who queries CoE must still be an ape helped engender the responses you got.

Regardless, you still get a welcome!

So had I not insinuated that these people of CoE are not apes, maybe I would’ve got some more reasonable and intelligent responses? I admire the few who did respond in the correct way but I can see with their responses that they’re not very well informed on the entire story. So they’re asking me questions that they can find themselves on discord or the website. 
    AnOldFartKyleranRenGinGin
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609

<snip>

4. Smart Funding

By taking advantage of wealthy people who have lots of money to spend on luxuries, and offering items that are not the usual riff raff like a backers costume or hat, the funding for this game has exceeded expectations. Not only are the items fun to buy and useful, but they don’t allow advantages. There’s a lot of misconception among chimpanzees that this game is pay 2 win. Possibly because the idea that you can lose everything to any one of the plethora of challenges is something that our cousins can’t quite grasp yet.

<snip>
    While the parts I omitted are truly mirthful and aren't worthy of discussion, there one major point I will contend is the "the idea that you can lose everything to any one of the plethora of challenges" statement.

This is fine as an idea.  However, I just can't see that happening.  I sincerely doubt that this development company has the integrity or commitment to keep this "feature" in place when one of the big spenders gets their kingdom knocked over by another king.  I'm guessing from some of the systems SBS has hinted at that will include all sorts of ways for the big spending king to have an alt "inherit" his kingdom and not be taken away by the angry hoard.

So, there won't likely be anyone actually losing anything.  SBS could surprise us all here, but that remains to be proven by their actions.  And of course, a game in which to demonstrate those actions.

By the strange paragraph spacing (not native to this forum's software), I'm guessing this entire piece was cut and pasted from another piece of software, possibly including another forum.  Can't express your thoughts without running it by others?  The main point of the OP appears to be an opportunity to call the forum members of MMORPG.com names.  Even the attempt at name calling was uninspired, unoriginal, and repetitive.

Scot[Deleted User]KyleranRenGinGintweedledumb99Torrsk

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530

Caspian is dedicated to this project with the motive to Get COE or Die Tryin. 

This whole topic can be summed up with pretty much this.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Rhoklaw said:
    I feel like someone just tried to convince me the earth is flat.
    Earth will be flat because flat-earthers have:
    1. Moderation of their community: Awesome mods who quickly delete disturbing criticism
    2. Ability to take responsibility: Flat-earthers will never let making mistakes or being wrong deter them from their chosen aim
    3. Ambition: No progress on proving the earth flat just means that the storm of their great success is now closer than ever
    4. Smart funding: Flat-earthers are successfully using the ideal business plan where they fail to produce results yet get more money
    5. The talent: They told me about their plan and they were very convincing
    [Deleted User]KyleranRenGinGinDakeru[Deleted User]tweedledumb99TorrskAsm0deus

This discussion has been closed.