Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Corepunk Shares Christmas Video, Surprise Fan - MMORPG.com News

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageCorepunk Shares Christmas Video, Surprise Fan - MMORPG.com News

Corepunk, the new cyberpunk MMO from developer Artificial Core, shared a Christmas thanks video, while also surprising a fan.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Dang, it hasn't even been a month since this got announced and I already forgot about it.
  • TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Did him dirty on that thumbnail lol.
    Isaiah 41:10
  • VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Seems like a nice developer, which we have a severe lack off in the past years and with Blizzard going full China mode.

Game looks amazing, people behind it seem pretty dedicated towards the project out of their heart and not money.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    I like the looks of the game so far.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited January 2020
    Looks like some nice people. Really like how they are speaking to us in the video like normal human beings and not from that high horse that certain devs ride.

Will definitely buy the game when it comes out.
  • Ronald88Ronald88 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Looks interesting, will follow the game development.
  • zadunazaduna Member UncommonPosts: 4
    edited January 2020
    Happy New Year
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I get the feeling most people don't even know what this game is or have not read the info on their website.First of all >>>Microsoft.What i have seen of Microsoft's pricing so far the last few years has been atrociously brutal.So they are bragging about no microtransactions and free dlc's.Soooooo this tells me what,likely a deceptive way to not mention a seasons pass?I am also expecting this super marketing plan to reveal a game costing at least 90 bucks,maybe in at 95.99 or something.

So i will copy/paste it.

Corepunk is an MMORPG with an open seamless world that allows for endless possibilities. You can explore the world, participate in trading, complete dungeons, or engage in PvP battles. Each aspect of the game will be incentivised. There will be a rating system to encourage each type of activity.

trading,well nothing new there,we can always trade in mmorpg's,is that going to sell the game?

pvp,pfft not interested in pvp what so ever and many are not.

complete dungeons,so >>>instances...lol,sad.

Explore the world,why?If the game is catered to the GOAL which most people will follow,this means moving from one quest/mission to the next ,one instance to the next.I think by exploring really just means seeking out new quests to follow.

SO to me it looks like a game i wouldn't want to replay so they added in multiplayer to keep people around....why?Yeah i see a seasons pass incoming.Big sprawling gmae is what i am hearing but really?How many actual mission npc's are there...30...40 or so?It could simply be a 30-40 hour game and then go pvp.Will it be a really FUN 30-40 hours,idk depends how easily entertained you are i guess.

The REAL selling point?The COOL factor,those cool cutscenes,dialogue,CGI work.Gameplay looks liek another Tom Clancy game,run through streets and halls shooting real easy AI.So i assume they will have a MODE button,easy,hard,insane which really ends up just being bullet sponges with the same AI.

Vexiusx

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• chilltime99chilltime99 Member UncommonPosts: 55

Wizardry said:

I get the feeling most people don't even know what this game is or have not read the info on their website.First of all >>>Microsoft.What i have seen of Microsoft's pricing so far the last few years has been atrociously brutal.So they are bragging about no microtransactions and free dlc's.Soooooo this tells me what,likely a deceptive way to not mention a seasons pass?I am also expecting this super marketing plan to reveal a game costing at least 90 bucks,maybe in at 95.99 or something.

So i will copy/paste it.

Corepunk is an MMORPG with an open seamless world that allows for endless possibilities. You can explore the world, participate in trading, complete dungeons, or engage in PvP battles. Each aspect of the game will be incentivised. There will be a rating system to encourage each type of activity.

trading,well nothing new there,we can always trade in mmorpg's,is that going to sell the game?

pvp,pfft not interested in pvp what so ever and many are not.

complete dungeons,so >>>instances...lol,sad.

Explore the world,why?If the game is catered to the GOAL which most people will follow,this means moving from one quest/mission to the next ,one instance to the next.I think by exploring really just means seeking out new quests to follow.

SO to me it looks like a game i wouldn't want to replay so they added in multiplayer to keep people around....why?Yeah i see a seasons pass incoming.Big sprawling gmae is what i am hearing but really?How many actual mission npc's are there...30...40 or so?It could simply be a 30-40 hour game and then go pvp.Will it be a really FUN 30-40 hours,idk depends how easily entertained you are i guess.

The REAL selling point?The COOL factor,those cool cutscenes,dialogue,CGI work.Gameplay looks liek another Tom Clancy game,run through streets and halls shooting real easy AI.So i assume they will have a MODE button,easy,hard,insane which really ends up just being bullet sponges with the same AI.

Someone needs a nap. ;)
    cloudacvDarkpigeon[Deleted User]RobbgobbVexiusxGinaz
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    just a video about a video on youtube ... more click, more $$

just to avoid you to see it, he got a figurine

wow
    Vexiusx
  • RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674
    Killing other players for farming spot will cause me to give a pass unless can turn of pvp. I wish them success though as it does look very interesting.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    The cynic in me thinks they get most of their views do to Cyberpunk 2077 misclicks or at least cross over.

While this was a nice feel good video how much did that little trip cost them? Hopefully it was out of pocket. Not to defend CR and his crap but if he did something like that and made a video he would be getting skewered (and I would be right there with my own pike)

To me it looks a lot like a LOL/overwatch/wildstar mutant baby.

I know people are so desperate for a new MMO they will cling to anything (see CoE 3 years ago on this very site) but come on.

They have skins (which will undoubtedly be their revenue source) as a focus of their announcement trailer. While skins arent technically P2W. If Skins ARE a part of the 'reward' structure of the game then selling skins could be considered P2W. Because if the 'goal' of the game (beyond having fun) is looking cool then selling the coolest (I know it is subjective) skins for real money is sort of crosses over.

I have always said that 'winning' an MMO isnt possible even in a PvP focused one. So therefore the 'winning' is a grey area.