Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Patch 8.3 Visions of N'Zoth Mechagnomes Outlined

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageWorld of Warcraft Patch 8.3 Visions of N'Zoth Mechagnomes Outlined

Details of Mechagnomes in World of Warcraft Patch 8.3 Visions of N'Zoth have been outlined.

Read the full story here

Comments

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited December 2019
    Unlock the ability to choose a race? I will never understand the appeal of this mechanic. I feel like players bend over because they are expected to in this instance. Is it a status symbol thing or just the achievement of it? When I want to try a new race, I prefer not to have to do a bunch of boring time-locked, metric-padding content for the privilege.
    retiredmjGameboyMarcViper482foxgirljimmywolfGamePlay4U[Deleted User]

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• cloudacvcloudacv Member UncommonPosts: 210

Palebane said:

Unlock the ability to choose a race? I will never understand the appeal of this mechanic. I feel like players bend over because they are expected to in this instance. Is it a status symbol thing or just the achievement of it? When I want to try a new race, I prefer not to have to do a bunch of boring time-locked, metric-padding content for the privilege.

If it’s boring then why bother play the game at all?
    Palebane
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    ready for my robot gnome....hum what class...
  • retiredmjretiredmj Member UncommonPosts: 160
    I feel like all these "new classes" are lazy devs mailing it in. Oh look, a mechanical gnome, or a dwarf with glowy eyes....

For God's sake Riot puts more thought into skins for League than Blizz does for "all new races"
    kotu107

retiredmj said:

I feel like all these "new classes" are lazy devs mailing it in. Oh look, a mechanical gnome, or a dwarf with glowy eyes....

For God's sake Riot puts more thought into skins for League than Blizz does for "all new races"

Iron dwarfs have been around since classic. Do you play WoW?
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Too much re-leveling. People with 20+ toons at cap without even understanding why, not to mention BfA's endgame isn't really alt-friendly, so they end up having 19+ toons they wont touch until the next expansion.

Deyirn said:

cloudacv said:

retiredmj said:

cloudacv said:

Palebane said:

Spotted the WoW fanboy who will sink with the ship one day, but never admit the game has turned into trash. xD

I never said I played. I was replying to a comment. I have to assume that person plays the game. Otherwise why take the time at all to complain? Unless. No, this can’t be true! Unless he is just coming here to complain about a game he doesn’t even play.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,823
    edited December 2019
    cloudacv said:
    I never said I played. I was replying to a comment. I have to assume that person plays the game. Otherwise why take the time at all to complain? Unless. No, this can’t be true! Unless he is just coming here to complain about a game he doesn’t even play.
    Complaining about games you dont even play is every single person on MMORPG.com

cloudacvjimmywolfGamePlay4Udragonlee66
    edited December 2019
    I was complaining about the mechanic. I have played 1000s of hours and stopped because of (among other things, admittedly) poor mechanics such as Pathfinder and Allied Races. The developers do not respect players, imo.
    moguy1Viper482jimmywolfdragonlee66[Deleted User]

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• redcoreredcore Member UncommonPosts: 108
    i fully agree with those people who "complain" about it. these classes should be available right away without crappy reputation grind etc. super lazy way how to introduce "new" content. i even cant consider this as a new content!
    nah - its just the same shit, different ass.
    Palebane

redcore said:

i fully agree with those people who "complain" about it. these classes should be available right away without crappy reputation grind etc. super lazy way how to introduce "new" content. i even cant consider this as a new content!

So you think they should just hand you everything instead of having to work to obtain it?
    Palebanejimmywolf
    edited December 2019

cloudacv said:

redcore said:

So you think they should just hand you everything instead of having to work to obtain it?

It’s a race. How many other games make you “work” to decide your hero’s race? If there are any, they probably suck for similar reasons to players like me. Not asking for a handout, just a little standard agency is all. Again, not saying that if WoW changed Allied Races that I would play the game, I just don't agree with the principal of the mechanic and hope it doesn't catch on in other games.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Palebane said:

cloudacv said:

redcore said:

It’s a race. How many other games make you “work” to decide your hero’s race? If there are any, they probably suck for similar reasons to players like me. Not asking for a handout, just a little standard agency is all. Again, not saying that if WoW changed Allied Races that I would play the game, I just don't agree with the principal of the mechanic and hope it doesn't catch on in other games.

It's something to work for and when accomplished, you feel pretty good about it. Atleast that's what I did when I got my Iron Dwarf.

It's not bad practice by any means, but you do you.
  • moguy1moguy1 Member UncommonPosts: 134
    It gives you something to do besides being bored and running mythic +s. I dont get folks that just want everything handed to them, which I guess would actually make you a true WOW player.
    cloudacv[Deleted User]
  • learis1learis1 Member UncommonPosts: 169

cloudacv said:

redcore said:

Right, because wanting to have a new allied race available from the start means that you want them to hand you everything. #forumlogic
    Palebane[Deleted User]

Mend and Defend

• MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 422
    notice how they even locked death knight behind pre-ordering their next crap expansion?
    Palebane
  • keyboardshinobikeyboardshinobi Member UncommonPosts: 25

Deyirn said:

cloudacv said:

retiredmj said:

cloudacv said:

Palebane said:

Spotted the WoW fanboy who will sink with the ship one day, but never admit the game has turned into trash. xD

Well that's odd, its almost as if people enjoy different things than you. No, that can't be right, you dislike something so there for people who say they like it are delusional and don't actually have their own thoughts on the game. They actually think exactly like you and just wont expect it, that's got to be it. EVERYONE this guy hates wow and thinks it's trash he is clearly speaking for all so lets just have Blizz wrap it up and close it out, you are not actually enjoying it cuz this guy says its trash and knows you think it is to.
    kotu107jimmywolfcloudacv
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    Borgnomes still just as stupidly designed as in the dataming from Wowhead. *sigh*
  • richghettorichghetto Newbie CommonPosts: 3

Datastar said:

notice how they even locked death knight behind pre-ordering their next crap expansion?

I mean wouldn't that be part of the content provided in the next expansion? What are we going to complain about next? Gating new islands or maps behind new expansions?
  • shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509

Robokapp said:

learis1 said:

cloudacv said:

redcore said:

Right, because wanting to have a new allied race available from the start means that you want them to hand you everything. #forumlogic

this way is fine. next.

Needs a tweak, given the declining playerbase in certain areas, as a new to alliance player last summer I wasn't able to get access to the argus related allied races because I couldn't find anyone to help me with the invasion portals. I spent a week spamming the trade chat for anyone and my concern on the forum was met with "just get to 120 and then solo" which ruins the continuity of the game for me.

I might have been in a similar predicament on my horde character if I didn't have friends playing AT THE TIME to help me complete obsolete dungeons.

There is too much of that obsolete content that requires you to group up with players who simply aren't there in the way of allied races. Otherwise I'm accustomed to and enjoy grind.