Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter Legendary Mounts Have Chance to Drop in Insignia Packs - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageNeverwinter Legendary Mounts Have Chance to Drop in Insignia Packs - MMORPG.com

If you're in search of a Legendary Mount in Neverwinter, they'll have a chance of dropping in an Insignia Pack.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    Let me guess....Insignia Pack=lootbox?
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • LukzfreshLukzfresh Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Desperate for money? Sounds like a loot box to me. Why are we covering loot boxes?
    AlbatroesSlapshot1188
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited December 2019

Lukzfresh said:

Desperate for money? Sounds like a loot box to me. Why are we covering loot boxes?

Pretty much....advertising lootboxes, seriously? Acting like they are free or something (500 zen each box). Then again, Archeage got advertisement as well when their new lootboxes came in....
  • cloudacvcloudacv Member UncommonPosts: 210

Lukzfresh said:

It’s a loot box for a mount in a game I’m pretty sure you don’t even play. So why do you care? If someone wants to buy a loot box that’s their decision lol

cloudacv said:

Lukzfresh said:

It’s a loot box for a mount in a game I’m pretty sure you don’t even play. So why do you care? If someone wants to buy a loot box that’s their decision lol

He's obviously not saying it just because its lootboxes. He's wondering why the site feels a sale on lootboxes is news worthy on here.
  • slowz2secretslowz2secret Member RarePosts: 400

Albatroes said:

cloudacv said:

Lukzfresh said:

He's obviously not saying it just because its lootboxes. He's wondering why the site feels a sale on lootboxes is news worthy on here.

There are some ppl that still defend lootboxes and p2w games.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    They should post the odds of the legendary dropping like they do in lotteries.
    Slapshot1188

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 505
    Unregulated loot box gambling mechanics running amok, but people still give-in to them otherwise there'd be something else for better or worse.
  • AenghasAenghas Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Knowing the previous relationship between Critical Hit PR and this site anyone would be surprised by sponsored content because ????
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Kinda feels like they're testing this out for the Magic MMO.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    cloudacv said:
    It’s a loot box for a mount in a game I’m pretty sure you don’t even play. So why do you care?
    Would be even worse (and louder) if they knew...
    Insignias = slotted stat bonuses (power, crit, defense, etc.) which come in different colours, the higher the better. Insignia box ($4 a piece) drops 3 of them, in random quality, and I believe the only source for the legendary. In the game you can get a ton of greens and blues, sometimes purple too but that's rare.
    Cue in the p2w choir :D 

And yep, it's a bit concerning to see the in-game sale news lately, LotRO's weekly sale covers an another example.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    What do you expect from P2W Entertainment?

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Asm0deus said:
    What do you expect from P2W Entertainment?

And people are excited for Torchlight Frontiers forgetting that Perfect World is the publisher.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Po_gg said:
    cloudacv said:
    It’s a loot box for a mount in a game I’m pretty sure you don’t even play. So why do you care?
    Would be even worse (and louder) if they knew...
    Insignias = slotted stat bonuses (power, crit, defense, etc.) which come in different colours, the higher the better. Insignia box ($4 a piece) drops 3 of them, in random quality, and I believe the only source for the legendary. In the game you can get a ton of greens and blues, sometimes purple too but that's rare.
    Cue in the p2w choir :D 

And yep, it's a bit concerning to see the in-game sale news lately, LotRO's weekly sale covers an another example.
    Nothing new for PWE though. Their monetization has always been sleazy.
    Po_ggAsm0deus

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited December 2019
    Nothing new for PWE though. Their monetization has always been sleazy.
    Yep, nothing new, that's why it's odd to see this on the news list...

It ain't about my events addiction within the news, don't get me wrong, and they usually cover those too (at least the start of it in Neverwinter, and in CO when the 3rd week has started), it's about the trend.
    Just for example, of the last 3 notes in Neverwinter they've covered two.
    -A paid box drops a mount for a short time (only affects those who spend real money), and
    -some packs return to the in-game store for a short time (only affects those who spend real money).

The third one, which affects by far the most players (catch-up event, double xp on everything for faster leveling), wasn't good/interesting enough for a news piece apparently.

ed. the last one could peak the interest for absent players to log in, while the other two are basically advertisements...