Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steven Weber's Top 10 Games To Look Forward To In 2020 - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageSteven Weber's Top 10 Games To Look Forward To In 2020 - MMORPG.com

The end is nigh! The end of 2019 that is, but don’t fret too much, the new year has a ton of great games to look forward to. If you haven’t been following the hype meters, worry not, we’ve compiled a list with some of the most anticipated games of 2020. Here is our top 10 games to look forward to in 2020!

Read the full story here

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    Ppiper said:
    I don't own a fucking console so I can't comment on many of these.
    Only one of them is console exclusive though... you may have to wait a little longer for PC ports of like.. final fantasy, but most of these will be on PC too.
    Kyleran

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    No SQ 42? Isnt it supposed to release in 2020?
    Slapshot1188mmolouKyleranSamhaelbotrytis
    Ppiper said:

Ppiper said:

I don't own a fucking console so I can't comment on many of these.

Only one of them is console exclusive though... you may have to wait a little longer for PC ports of like.. final fantasy, but most of these will be on PC too.

Even in PC format, I doubt I'll play any of them. They just seem so unoriginal. Nothing personal, however.
     I didn't make any of the games so I won't take it personal.

What games are you looking forward to then? 

Arterius said:
    My top ten games:

10. Dragon Ball Z Kakarot

9: Watch Dogs: Legion

8: Last of Us: Part 2

7.  Marvels Avengers

6: Wasteland 3

5: Ori and the Will of the Wisps

4.  Final Fantasy 7 Remake

3: Tales of Arise

2: Animal Crossing

1: CYBERPUNK 2077. SO Fucking close. Only 107 days, 11 hours to go
    Good list. I forgot about Animal Crossing, but I love that game.  I can't get behind Dragon Ball Z Kakarot. It looks like they've expanded a lot on the formula, but it's Bandai Namco... they've created the same games over and over again.  I feel like, even after playing multiple games even from different animes, they all run together in the way the combat plays out.  

[Deleted User]

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    Mine, in no particular order:

Cyberpunk 2077

Marvel's Avengers

Tales of Arise

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Trials of Mana Remake

Xenoblade Chronicles HD

Tokyo Mirage Sessions x FE remaster

Ghost of Tsushima

What I'll be keeping a very close eye on:

Fire Emblem's 30th anniversary in March. Please announce something great!
    maskedweasel
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Solid enough list. PSO2 will fill a spot for me whenever it comes to pc (unless you can log in via gamepass?). I'll reserve my 'excitement' for FFVII and their 330$ "1st Class Edition" given that this is supposed to be episodic. Not to keen on 330$x3 or however many 'episodes' they try to milk.
    [Deleted User]
  • asfaraslarryasfaraslarry Member UncommonPosts: 31
    What game is the screenshot from?
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 505
    1 - Cyberpunk 2077 ... A game I have no doubts about it being good, I expect a few glitches upon release, but this gaming company & their products always prove to be the gold standard of quality.
    2 – Marvels Avengers ... Looks promising & potentially fun but I'll await till after the release & reviews.
    3 – HALO Infinite ... I'm hoping this turns out great & glad PC is getting more than an after thought with this.
    4 – Final Fantasy VII Remake ... I've never got into the FF much so this is mostly wasted on me, but their graphics have always been impressive.
    5 – Torchlight Frontiers ... I played & enjoyed Torchlight 1 & 2, but never thought of either as a big game to be anticipating though.
    6 – The Last of Us: Part 2 ... The 1st was brilliant game story telling with awesome atmosphere so only expecting better from a sequel.
    7 – New World ... I'm very intrigued by this mmo & it's world. I'm trying to keep my expectations low not to disappoint myself but it seems to have a lot of promise.
    8 – Phantasy Star Online 2 (Western Release) ... I'll admit I'm ignorant on this franchise so that could be either a positive or a negative. I like the premise of cross-play.
    9 – Grounded ... For kids I could see this as a hugely fun & popular game or even the young at heart.
    10 – Minecraft: Dungeons ... None to little interest for me. I've never even played that Minecraft. I don't think graphics are the be all end all for gaming but I want some fidelity in my visuals & it never appealed to me, but hope it is good for those that enjoy it already.

Of course nowadays I only play any games on PC so if the game doesn't support PC it will be lost on me regardless.

maskedweasel
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

What game is the screenshot from?

Phantasy Star Online 2

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Resident Evil 3 Remake is coming April 2020

That's going to be a big one too.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    New World
    Monster Hunter World Iceborne

That is it. I had PSO2 on there but its not coming to EU, so, yeah....

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    For PC gaming in 2020, it looks like we are in the "Wait til next year" boat again.  Every year, this site drifts further and further from its PC origins.

Kyleran[Deleted User]

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited December 2019
    1. Ghost of Tsushima , summer 2020
    2. Mount & Blade 2 Bannerlord, march 2020 ea
    3. Cyberpunk 2077
    4. Last Oasis
    Thats all I am interested in. Maybe New World have to see gameplay.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Ori and the will of the wisps
    Nioh 2
    Doom eternal
    Cyberpunk 2077
    Wasteland 3
    Ghost of Tsushima
    Bloodlines 2
    Hollow knight: Silksong
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874
    PSO2 NA release has been announced as a timed Xbox exclusive with no PC date and special rewards for people who beta test the console release in which they get to keep their characters. Zero announcement of advanced classes meaning it'll be 3 years behind in content. This literally gives zero reason for anyone playing the Japanese version to move over. Such terrible decisions.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Cyberpunk 2077
    VtM: Bloodlines 2
    FFVII remake
    New World (more curious than truly looking forward to, tbh.)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• cyriciancyrician Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Been playing PSO2 FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS.

My fear is the combat is a little dated now and the npc models are showing thier age. Don't get me wrong love the game but I'll properly continue to play on the Japanese servers cause we won't see this on PC til at least October 2020.

Monster Hunter Iceborne and Cyberpunk are my 2020 games.

We need more good mmorpg cause nothing keeps my interest these days and I have tried them all.

Need to make more time for the division 2 and Swtor and GW2 I guess.

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Im looking forward to path of exile 2 and i think new world will be good only because i think amazon is amazing. 
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    My 2020 list

1) Baldurs Gate 3.
    2) Diablo IV (not likely)

That's it, not looking forward to anything else sadly.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Not many i want to play,even Cyberpunk feels more like marketing hype than anything else.Not even sure the combat will be good at all,so it seems we are endorsing this game based on a trailer...sigh.What i feel is sure the gimmick of the story cutscenes might be well done but after that the gameplay might be ho hum.

Last of us might be ok,just not my type of game.FFV7 is actually one of the FF games i never cared for,never felt inclined to finish it.
    New world,funny this site has mentioned it a couple times but never seem to care for survival games aside from the heavily sponsored/endorsed Age of Exiles period.So since this site never likes survival games all of a sudden we are expecting a good one from a dev not spending much more than a year on the game...lol.

Torchlight...lol yeah another sponsored game here,not worth even the mention of.

I search everyday for upcoming and released games,i have yet to see anything that feels definitely good.IMO the best choices are line of games in that Metro series.

Just been playing Octopath,heavily endorsed,over priced and imo not that well done,disappointed so far,just an average game with older graphics and to think was selling for around 90 bucks ...sigh,i felt it was over priced on sale for 50.

SO what i have been seeing in the industry is a lot of very underwhelming over hyped games.I mean geesh just look at the most endorsed "financially" Star Citizen and you see what the industry is delivering...notta thing.
    [Deleted User]

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited December 2019
    I am more surprised no mention of Diablo 4,i am sure this site will be spamming us with Diablo 4 threads soon enough.

I watched a lot of you tube vids ,people showing the best of 202 games to come and don't really see much at all.MOST of the games are just repeating old gimmicks,same old same old with a new setting.Some repeat franchises like the Halo and Diablo's,the marvel characters type games.

I think i might retract and consider the last of us 2 ,it might actually be decent enough to warrant buying.That Ori game will sell to a certain demographic that likes their cutsie games or "i think my child will love this" type of purchases.It might be good for a 6/10 rating at best,not my cup of tea.

Umm MInecraft...lmao,it might sell a lot of copies but it will not be worth buying,a pile of lego blocks junk,not interested.
    [Deleted User]

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Dixi01Dixi01 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Hmm, this is mmorpg site, and in it's top there are zero mmorpg games. This sucks. :-(
    But I think greed of game dev's and publishers are to blame 1st, not the site. :-)
    ScotGdemami
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    edited December 2019
    I am looking forward to all the games I bought in the steam sale, which launched between six months and four(ish) years ago.
    Palebane
  • BodeanGBodeanG Member UncommonPosts: 9
    I hope they change the name of this site soon. Don't mind the coverage of other game genres, but having to find the coverage of actual MMORPGs seems a tad off on a site named MMORPG.

I know, it's petty, but that's how it goes sometimes.
    Gdemami
    Dixi01 said:
    Hmm, this is mmorpg site, and in it's top there are zero mmorpg games. This sucks. :-(
    But I think greed of game dev's and publishers are to blame 1st, not the site. :-)
    3 games on the list are MMORPGs.