Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Squadron 42 2019 Visuals Trailer Provides Ultrawide Highlight Reel

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageStar Citizen Squadron 42 2019 Visuals Trailer Provides Ultrawide Highlight Reel

In case you missed it, Star Citizen shared a video highlighting their single-player campaign, Squadron 42.

Read the full story here

WalkinGlennNorseGodErillion

Comments

• ZenJellyZenJelly Member UncommonPosts: 262
    I wanted the first comment in this thread to be neutral, before both sides come in..... So if you see my spouse, tell them I said "Hello."
    XarkobwwianakievSolar_Prophet
  • LuidenLuiden Member RarePosts: 336
    It feels like half the money is spent on marketing that is focused on trying to show that this game is not a scam.
    botrytisUntamedgunnergastovski1HatefullAalamrViper482bwwianakievnatpickDryxaline
  • AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268
    I really don't want to see any more information on this game until it is released, enough is enough.
    TheocritusbotrytismazutFreelancerNDUntamedgunnergastovski1XarkoMaddog666AalamrNorseGod
      OMG I am Ancient!
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited December 2019
    It looks great as expected; on gameplay the last update was the 1h demo of an SQ42 mission here
    Luiden said:
    It feels like half the money is spent on marketing that is focused on trying to show that this game is not a scam.
    Yes, of course, it is a large scale conspiracy

They spend it developing the game, release the playable updates and all, so people don't realize it is a scam because they are not developing the gam.. Oh wait. :neutral:
    HatefullbwwianakievHeyMarce
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Game is taking to long.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Azmodeus said:
    I really don't want to see any more information on this game until it is released, enough is enough.

Right we want to know is there actually a game or just a bunch of fluff? It's been going on what 8 years now?
  • GrintchGrintch Member UncommonPosts: 132
    This might go on for 20 years. Then they retire.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    MaxBacon said:
    It looks great as expected; on gameplay the last update was the 1h demo of an SQ42 mission here
    Luiden said:
    Yes, of course, it is a large scale conspiracy

They spend it developing the game, release the playable updates and all, so people don't realize it is a scam because they are not developing the gam.. Oh wait. :neutral:
    If they actually spend it on the game we wouldn't see these incremental nonsense videos that really show they have no idea how to focus on getting this game out.

Please don't post any more before the game is beta or released.

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited December 2019
    Needs current gameplay, not some 2 year old video so guess it's a case of waiting for the beta later this year.
  • LukzfreshLukzfresh Member UncommonPosts: 125
    NO SINGLR PLAYER!! MMO!!!! That’s what the money is for!!!! Put the story in a MMO WORLD wth!?!? Single player!?! I’m I the only one that’s upset by that?
    ErillionDryxalineHeyMarce
  • UntamedgunnerUntamedgunner Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Development start nearly 7 years ago, in the gaming world that’s an entire “generation” of consoles and multiple PC upgrades. My guess they figure if they get it out in the next 3 yrs, by then most pc can run it 20 FPS at 720p.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Needs current gameplay, not some 2 year old video so guess it's a case of waiting for the beta later this year.
    Beta is unlikely to come this year, or the year after it.

At the moment their Squardon 42 chapters roadmap shows us that they're still doing stuff that they were supposed to complete in Q2 2019. RSI isn't anywhere near their previous schedule, and have gone completely silent on what their new schedule is.
    [Deleted User]

marsxwar said:
    No, you just need more than 2 brain cells to see the scam. Tell me again when was this game supposed to release?

The classic you're not making the game so you don't know, it's like you're too stupid to realize that comment also applies to you, knowing jack about developing game while in the same comment telling someone else they don't know jack about developing games. Maybe when this game release, your brain will finally develop... oh wait. :neutral:

For someone who is talking about "anyone with more than 2 brain Cells can see the scam", you sure make a hollow-post that doesn't support what you are stating as fact (and no, a delayed game is not a scam).

Oh this type of posts are so entertaining, It is only fitting to end the response with "You don't understand brain development" :D  

JoeBloberHatefull
    edited December 2019
    botrytis said:
    If they actually spend it on the game we wouldn't see these incremental nonsense videos that really show they have no idea how to focus on getting this game out.

In 2018 they spent 34 million (they crowdfunded 37) on pure wager pay of 521 employees, the total operative cost is higher than what they fund currently. It's not an "if" it's simply what it is.

SC is a game I can play right now, as I do, despite not being fully released, so I will not stop posting about it just because you are triggered at seeing SC content, that's not my problem.

Lukzfresh said:
    NO SINGLR PLAYER!! MMO!!!! That’s what the money is for!!!! Put the story in a MMO WORLD wth!?!? Single player!?! I’m I the only one that’s upset by that?
    Squadron 42 was a core part of the original pitch of this game, because it was meant to bring back the Wing Command campaign type of game.

SQ42 is an SP campaign, SC is the MMO, they share the same codebase but they are 2 different titles currently that are not merging with each other.
    JoeBloberHatefullKalafaxbwwianakievErillion
    Vrika said:

At the moment their Squardon 42 chapters roadmap shows us that they're still doing stuff that they were supposed to complete in Q2 2019. RSI isn't anywhere near their previous schedule, and have gone completely silent on what their new schedule is.
    Nope, Chris said it is coming in 2020 and I know he wouldn't lie to us.
    The roadmap is not the same as the internal one and they have probably just forgotten to update it.
    botrytisnatpick[Deleted User]Dryxaline
    edited December 2019
    Vrika said:

Nope, Chris said it is coming in 2020 and I know he wouldn't lie to us.
    The roadmap is not the same as the internal one and they have probably just forgotten to update it.
    There are no specific release dates for both titles, the schedule goes up to BETA next year, and I don't think it was said the SP campaign would be playable when it hits beta either.

Seeing from SC's own issues wouldn't expect the phase of intensive fixing, polish and optimization to be any short for sq42, will deff push to 2021.
    JoeBlober
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

Azmodeus said:

Easy... skip it and don't even click on link title. By the way, this is a site providing anout MMO, released.. and in development.
    Hatefull
  • ChaserzChaserz Member UncommonPosts: 317
    edited December 2019
    Star Citizen, the persist universe (MMO) has made substantial progress for 2019. This video for their 2019 Citizen Con showed it in detail. With the end of 2019 they presented the last planet in their template starting system Stanton, and at the end a jump to a new system. (And I'm far from a being a cheerleader for this game. I've been a skeptic too.)
    HatefullKalafaxJoeBloberErillion
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

Azmodeus said:

Right we want to know is there actually a game or just a bunch of fluff? It's been going on what 8 years now?

According to BBC Click their is a game ind evelopment and beta is planned in 2020. Guess what, they saw more than random internet commenters :)
    rpmcmurphyWalkinGlenn
    MaxBacon said:

Seeing from SC's own issues wouldn't expect the phase of intensive fixing, polish and optimization to be any short for sq42, will deff push to 2021.

Don't be negative. Chris said the beta was coming in 2020 so that's that.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    MaxBacon said:
    botrytis said:

In 2018 they spent 34 million (they crowdfunded 37) on pure wager pay of 521 employees, the total operative cost is higher than what they fund currently. It's not an "if" it's simply what it is.

SC is a game I can play right now, as I do, despite not being fully released, so I will not stop posting about it just because you are triggered at seeing SC content, that's not my problem.

Lukzfresh said:
    Squadron 42 was a core part of the original pitch of this game, because it was meant to bring back the Wing Command campaign type of game.

SQ42 is an SP campaign, SC is the MMO, they share the same codebase but they are 2 different titles currently that are not merging with each other.
    This is the most expensive game so far in how many years of development? As I said before, this game has more raised more money than all 3 Toy Story movies put together and all they can show is nonsense.

• cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331

MaxBacon said:

Don't be negative. Chris said the beta was coming in 2020 so that's that.

Yeah right it's true. Just like all the other things Chris has said over the last 8 years or so.
    botrytis
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Luiden said:

And what would that scam be? I mean because you can log in and play the game right now, soo worst scam ever?

I can't wait for the next round of bug squashing, still having heaps of fun in game.
    Erillion

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    One week.....just one week without seeing shit from this scam of a game would be awesome.
    BabuinixbotrytissgelNorseGodErillion
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Viper482 said:
    One week.....just one week without seeing shit from this scam of a game would be awesome.

Chillax dude, all that sodium chloride over a video game geez B)