Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is SWTOR no longer F2P?

I bought the game when it released and played for a bit, but things got stale so I took a long break. When it went F2P I would pop in once in a while and play around a bit. I recently went to reinstall the game and check out the new changes and there was no option to download without subscribing. Is it no longer free to play?

Thanks

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited December 2019
    I played it last summer for awhile and it was still F2P.  The site still says play for free also.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    edited December 2019
    It's still F2p.  In fact they recently made some of the previous B2p expansons f2p.  Looks like you just hit the wrong button.

OK, so here:   https://www.swtor.com/

Now look up in the upper right hand corner where it says 'PLAY FREE'.  Click it and you go here: 

https://account.swtor.com/play-for-free

I'm guessing from the swtor.com page you just clicked on the big 'Play Now' button in the middle and you're right it just talks about getting a sub to play.
    Octagon7711Sevenwindultimateduck

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited December 2019
    You can download the game in game account section, under My account.
    (like Nebless pointed out)

It is probably a bit unusual but not unheard of.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    My husband wants us to go back and play this but I am currently playing Archeage Unchained and Classic WoW but Archeage is taking up oodles of my time so much so that Classic hasn't seen me for awhile.
    SevenwindultimateduckHuntrezzsumdumguy1
    Chamber of Chains
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    I bought the game when it released and played for a bit, but things got stale so I took a long break. When it went F2P I would pop in once in a while and play around a bit. I recently went to reinstall the game and check out the new changes and there was no option to download without subscribing. Is it no longer free to play?

Thanks
    It is still f2p, but capped at lvl 50 or 55 don't remember. while the one with sub is capped at lv75?
    sumdumguy1
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    Got it, thanks. I had to go through my account menus.
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Its still F2P.  You just can't go all the way to max level and are restricted to the main story.  They recently added the Revan content for free, but I am not sure if that was permanent or a one time thing.