Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout 76 Looks Back On The Year That Was 2019

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageFallout 76 Looks Back On The Year That Was 2019

Fallout 76 recapped its 2019 in a news post recently, citing content and activities throughout the year.

Read the full story here

Comments

• LukzfreshLukzfresh Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Flames of death begin - FIRST
    [Deleted User]LeFantomeCelciusrojoArcueid
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited December 2019
    “At the end of 2019, Fallout 76 is bigger, more stable, and more fun than ever before.”

yep, let's just ignore that hack ;) getting all items yanked is obviously juuust a minor issue, since "hacking is no problem in fallout 76". so stable, much fun!

"it just works!" (™)
    [Deleted User]AlbatroesLeFantomeMagikarpsGhostCelciusLark3mTuor7retiredmjKyleranrojoArcueidand 2 others.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited December 2019
    "The post concludes thanking the community for their support and a happy holidays wish from the team."

Community affected by the hack: "What about my stuff....?"
    [Deleted User]CelciusKyleran
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    A Fallout 76 retrospective must be the most embarassing, delusional memory since my high school prom night. 
    [Deleted User]CelciusTuor7KhorraxKyleranTacticalZombeh
  • ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    It was quite a year.

Starting with nuke launch code glitches, moving on to toxic gear, then to an intensely unpopular sub service loaded with bugs. And finishing up with a crazy looting exploit.

Mind you, not the sort of year that a company usually brags about. "It took real work, but in our game someone else can loot your UI. Who else can say that?"
    Tuor7retiredmjKyleran
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    This turd dont deserve this article on MMORPG. I mean, really , how you can promote this company.
    CelciusretiredmjAgent_JosephPhixion13

• WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 375
    And then Jim in the office; the only reasonable one is looking back and going "Holy hell did we make a terrible mistake in conceiving this game."
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    "more stable" "more stable" "more stable" "more stable" "more stable" "more stable" "more stable" "more stable" "more stable" "more stable" "more stable" "more stable" "more stable" "more stable" "more stable" "more stable"

Ha...

HAha..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Agent_JosephKyleranrojoArcueid
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • sopukusopuku Member UncommonPosts: 55
    this game is so dead :d
    \
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869
    Did Barry Allen screw up the timeline again?
    Azaron_Nightbladesschrupp[Deleted User]
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    Just another annus horribilis really.
  • JuteboxJutebox Member UncommonPosts: 9
    edited December 2019
    This game is garbage, from the lack of content, the hate towards mod community and then game destroying bugs. I mean how hard is it to pull your head out of your ass, I'm glad the hack community is destroying this game for everyone else supporting them and If i had more time I'd join in. You want a cash grab game that lies to its customers and treats them like shit then here you go I guess.
    Kylerancorrosivechains
  • EggonomiconEggonomicon Member UncommonPosts: 33
    edited December 2019
    I wonder if any of you even played recently.

The game is similar in design to GTA5, (Which is a massive cash grab game.). And sadly can be hacked pretty easily due to this. Its not as secure a model as mmos. (Which still have bots, and even exploit software btw.) So other than restructure the entire game, hacks will happen. Then get fixed, then new ways are found.

The Atomic shop sells only cosmetic items and now repair kits, and scrap kits (which by no means is "cash grab".

There is a TON of content. Walk down a street read a note or listen to a found holo tape and the majority of the time it leads to some small event/task. (But gasp you'd have to actually play to know that!)

The game is far more stable now, with continued development. (Education moment: Hacks aren't Bugs. There you go, saved you some cash no need to go to college!)

I seriously detest the Locust culture of communities anymore.
    Criticism is good if constructive, and there are some legitimate issues with FO76, no one ever lists them because they are too busy destroying the world they live in, ever consuming.

The choice to not let you see your group mates workshops being attacked is bad, it hurts pve and makes playing with others more difficult.

The choice to not let you warp to group mates workshops is a bad one for the same reason.

PvP just doesn't work right. Just ditch that 8dea or move to the pvp game mode, and design for pve, let pvp be a mess; honestly there is no fixing it due to toxic locusts and malicious hackers.

Eggo
    AeandersschruppretiredmjKylerancloudacvTacticalZombehcorrosivechains
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    anyone else thinking we should send ramsey to bathesda some day? ;)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• BcudaBcuda Member UncommonPosts: 164
    The one think that Bethesda gave me from fallout 76 that I will never forget. Is the knowledge that I will never buy a Bethesda game ever again!
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    Didn't they just have player hack everything? This game is a total turd, pardon me I think it has grown from a turd to a complete shit now. oh yeah you have to pay monthly sub to play what is essentially a shit game.
  • corvascorvas Member UncommonPosts: 151
    edited December 2019
    They have time to write this article but dont have time to fix hacks ... they might think if we ignore it hard enough they might just go away itself ... well they are only half wrong ... not the hacks will go away but the players ... good luck with a game nobody plays devs
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    The game looks fun to me, as a long time Fallout fan. I probably will try it once it goes F2P. Hopefully they get some more of their shit together by then.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• CombspeCombspe Member UncommonPosts: 140
    edited December 2019
    I give Fallout 76 5 golden dog turds out of 5.
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    They shit the bed on this one, but hopefully the sheets will be washed and dried by Starfield and ES6.

I'm sure I'll still be playing ES3-5 by then.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I am pretty sure Bethesda is switching engines with future titles. Not the same iterated engine since Morrowind. The challenge will be how to incorporate the mod community with a new engine. I am betting they try not to incorporate mods.
    Fallout 76 isn't that bad. You run out of content around level 76 and are just doing the same thing over and over again to insanely high levels.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    I wonder if any of you even played recently.

The game is similar in design to GTA5, (Which is a massive cash grab game.). And sadly can be hacked pretty easily due to this. Its not as secure a model as mmos. (Which still have bots, and even exploit software btw.) So other than restructure the entire game, hacks will happen. Then get fixed, then new ways are found.

The Atomic shop sells only cosmetic items and now repair kits, and scrap kits (which by no means is "cash grab".

There is a TON of content. Walk down a street read a note or listen to a found holo tape and the majority of the time it leads to some small event/task. (But gasp you'd have to actually play to know that!)

The game is far more stable now, with continued development. (Education moment: Hacks aren't Bugs. There you go, saved you some cash no need to go to college!)

I seriously detest the Locust culture of communities anymore.
    Criticism is good if constructive, and there are some legitimate issues with FO76, no one ever lists them because they are too busy destroying the world they live in, ever consuming.

The choice to not let you see your group mates workshops being attacked is bad, it hurts pve and makes playing with others more difficult.

The choice to not let you warp to group mates workshops is a bad one for the same reason.

PvP just doesn't work right. Just ditch that 8dea or move to the pvp game mode, and design for pve, let pvp be a mess; honestly there is no fixing it due to toxic locusts and malicious hackers.

Eggo
    One correction, you can definitely fast travel to a team mates workshop, my friend and I do so regularly, though perhaps that is because we are on each other's friends lists?

Never really tried it with a team mate who isn't on my friends list. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Cleffy said:
    I am pretty sure Bethesda is switching engines with future titles. Not the same iterated engine since Morrowind. The challenge will be how to incorporate the mod community with a new engine. I am betting they try not to incorporate mods.
    Fallout 76 isn't that bad. You run out of content around level 76 and are just doing the same thing over and over again to insanely high levels.
    When?

Its my understanding that ES next and their Space game are using the same engine (my memory could be wrong but I swear I've read that ) and those could still be years away.

I only have so much time left on earth.
  • RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584
    Don't mind the inventory delete hack, EVERYTHING IS FINE.
    Kyleran
  • RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584
    edited December 2019
    Palebane said:
    The game looks fun to me, as a long time Fallout fan. I probably will try it once it goes F2P. Hopefully they get some more of their shit together by then.
    It is fun if you like to read a lot of terminals (really, it's not fun even then). There's really no plot other than that.

Stand around or jump to other games to see a golf course nuked to MAYBE loot some upgrades. That's FO76.
    PalebaneKyleran