Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ship of Heroes Recaps 2019 Milestones - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageShip of Heroes Recaps 2019 Milestones - MMORPG.com

A holiday message from Ship of Heroes outlined the 2019 for the game by looking at some key milestones.

Read the full story here

AmatheBlaze_Rocker

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Yeah!
    ScottJeslisBlaze_RockerGladDogTokkenwingood

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Still chugging along years after the failed Kickstarter.

Love the idea or hate the idea, you can't deny the dedication of the development team.

RESPECT
    ScottJeslisAmathe[Deleted User]Spriggen1337GladDogwingood

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    TBH by the time this game does come out something better will have replaced it from a triple A studio, the game at best will be something u binge for a week then go back to every day for like 30 mins and then go "carn't be chewed with this" because its tab targeted and not ARPG like, which this genre supports more (look at saints row 4 and the super powers on that game i don't understand why this cannot be city or heroes like and be MMO to would be so much better imo).

Tab targetted is antiquated now (i find it boring having to wait to cast a spell or an ability which should be free form casting this limits gameplay and the ability to aoe large groups of enemies (marvel heroes had a great combat system) and wont hold the interest of newer generations or players (especially from the console sector)

The only fans this game will attract are people who like city of heroes (not many) and the free 2 play players which will not spend a dime because they will find it boring but will do as i said binge for a week then not give a fudge (most notably the week off new chars that will probs get a bonus for playing)

if this game wants to survive its first 6 months i suggest they make it truly ARPG (and thats if they can) i wont be touching this with a 10 ft pole because i hate tab targeted combat
    Blaze_RockerTokkenwingood
    TBH by the time this game does come out something better will have replaced it from a triple A studio, the game at best will be something u binge for a week then go back to every day for like 30 mins and then go "carn't be chewed with this" because its tab targeted and not ARPG like, which this genre supports more (look at saints row 4 and the super powers on that game i don't understand why this cannot be city or heroes like and be MMO to would be so much better imo).

Tab targetted is antiquated now (i find it boring having to wait to cast a spell or an ability which should be free form casting this limits gameplay and the ability to aoe large groups of enemies (marvel heroes had a great combat system) and wont hold the interest of newer generations or players (especially from the console sector)

The only fans this game will attract are people who like city of heroes (not many) and the free 2 play players which will not spend a dime because they will find it boring but will do as i said binge for a week then not give a fudge (most notably the week off new chars that will probs get a bonus for playing)

if this game wants to survive its first 6 months i suggest they make it truly ARPG (and thats if they can) i wont be touching this with a 10 ft pole because i hate tab targeted combat

I don't think any of the SoH players will be crying over your absence. Oh happy days!
    Tokkenwingood

I didnt say they would be but you are missing the point, they are trying to establish a player base (Thats fine) but who are they targeting.... the CoH community (thats what 1000 -10000 people and that's generous) trying to keep a game up and and running while trying to attract new players is gonna be hard for them for reasons i have stated all the while trying to encourage people to spend money aswell on the game to trade ingame items/subs for server upkeep!

The game is doomed to fail because why would people wanna play ANOTHER CoH clone when they can now just play CoH now and thats a cold hard fact, free to play players wont pay a dime to play a clone unless what they are buying is outrageously good (P2W).
    Blaze_Rockerwingood
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    edited December 2019

I didnt say they would be but you are missing the point, they are trying to establish a player base (Thats fine) but who are they targeting.... the CoH community (thats what 1000 -10000 people and that's generous) trying to keep a game up and and running while trying to attract new players is gonna be hard for them for reasons i have stated all the while trying to encourage people to spend money aswell on the game to trade ingame items/subs for server upkeep!

The game is doomed to fail because why would people wanna play ANOTHER CoH clone when they can now just play CoH now and thats a cold hard fact, free to play players wont pay a dime to play a clone unless what they are buying is outrageously good (P2W).
    Hmm... When CoH closed there were about 80,000 subs.  The rest of the income was based on F2P which brought it to the equivalent of about 140,000 subs.  I think there is plenty of interest in a superhero game that is not 16 years old, with dated graphics.  I'm playing CoH right now because there is nothing else that I am interested in playing.  But when SoH releases, with its better graphics and city design (among other things), I think there won't be any problem getting enough players to keep the game going.  The dev team is prepared to chug along as long as they have 5000 subs.  They would consider 35,000 subs amazing.  They are not aiming for the moon, although if they hit the moon, they would not be unhappy :)

You mentioned in a prior post that this game would be swept away by a AAA studio's offering of a superhero MMORPG.  What AAA studio is currently working on a superhero MMORPG, or is planning to in the near future, or even the far future?  These types of games will move forward on the feet of indy studios IMO.  And BTW, how many NEW (non-eastern) MMORPGs are being developed by AAA studios of ANY type?  Very, very, very few...
    Blaze_Rockerwingood

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

GladDog said:

Hmm... When CoH closed there were about 80,000 subs.  The rest of the income was based on F2P which brought it to the equivalent of about 140,000 subs.  I think there is plenty of interest in a superhero game that is not 16 years old, with dated graphics.  I'm playing CoH right now because there is nothing else that I am interested in playing.  But when SoH releases, with its better graphics and city design (among other things), I think there won't be any problem getting enough players to keep the game going.  The dev team is prepared to chug along as long as they have 5000 subs.  They would consider 35,000 subs amazing.  They are not aiming for the moon, although if they hit the moon, they would not be unhappy :)

You mentioned in a prior post that this game would be swept away by a AAA studio's offering of a superhero MMORPG.  What AAA studio is currently working on a superhero MMORPG, or is planning to in the near future, or even the far future?  These types of games will move forward on the feet of indy studios IMO.  And BTW, how many NEW (non-eastern) MMORPGs are being developed by AAA studios of ANY type?  Very, very, very few...

SoH is VERY dated its running akin to games of pre 2010 in terms of graphical ability the UI looks like ass as do the animations and like i said antiquated tab targeted combat is full on crap, the super hero genre of games doesn't support this type off combat well at all ARPG is the way forward .... how many super heroes see an enemy and wait 8 seconds to use an ability.... i didn't see any of the avengers do this , this is the fan base they SHOULD be targeting because super hero movies are all about action not waiting to use an ability and aggroing enemies which should just run away!

On player count you are talking on when it closed people have moved onto bigger and better things, a new spin on CoH wont be enough to tear people away from private CoH servers its revival has hampered SoH massively! if SoH has a sub and f2p track then the majority of players will be on the F2P fact

Gameplay makes a game great not graphics and SoH has neither great gameplay or great graphics its something you have to accept because i give the game less than 6 months before its the next bless (and that looked decent but played like hot garbage)
    Blaze_Rocker
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Know what is really sad,this game is one that i figured would not amount to anything yet it seems to be moving further along at a faster pace than all the rest of the games.

From where i stand,this team is at least showing some constant effort.It will likely never be where i would play it but at least i see effort in getting there.
    GladDog

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

GladDog said:

Don't feed the trolls and the haters. They live in their own delusional world and refuse to accept anything else.
    GladDog

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Wizardry said:
    Know what is really sad,this game is one that i figured would not amount to anything yet it seems to be moving further along at a faster pace than all the rest of the games.

From where i stand,this team is at least showing some constant effort.It will likely never be where i would play it but at least i see effort in getting there.
    After Patch One (every new game has a patch one!) I'll get you a one week trial.  If you want to at least try it after input from Patch One, there you go.  If not, give it to someone else that might be interested.
    Blaze_RockerMagikarpsGhost

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689

It's been YEARS since a GOOD SH mmo has come out, highly doubt one will before SOH is released. And even if it is, least they can hold their head high knowing their accomplishments. Something as a fellow dev I can respect highly.
    Blaze_RockerGladDog

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

It's been YEARS since a GOOD SH mmo has come out, highly doubt one will before SOH is released. And even if it is, least they can hold their head high knowing their accomplishments. Something as a fellow dev I can respect highly.

SoH will most likely not release for anoitherr 20 years because it looks like hot garbage, i it does release it will have a 6 month lifespan and thats being fair!
    Blaze_Rocker