Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If they turned Witcher into an mmorpg would you play it?

13»

Comments

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Dibdabs said:
    No.  The franchise works fine as single-player games.
    This +1, so a NO from me as well
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    I absolutely could not say for sure.

If they based the game off of the GURPS RPG system, then I'd play it in a heartbeat, but if it's just yet another in one of thousands of Level/Class based D&D style systems, then I'll pass.  There are already plenty of those to go around and I've invested time in them already.

You don't build characters in D&D, you build classes and I'm completely burned out on the Level/Class system of advancement.
  • vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 398
    I would definatly play it (unless it was a mobile crossover F2P piece of crap like the new Lotro MMO)

I love the world and the characters. 

• SalmonManSalmonMan Member UncommonPosts: 192
    No. I can’t get into / don’t like the single player games - so making it an MMO with other people and charging me a monthly fee to access would be a big NOPE.
  • WhiskeyZuluWhiskeyZulu Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Absolutely.  And most of the people saying No here probably would end up playing it too, since we're all here waiting for great MMOs.  You gotta try it to know, right?

Way to do it is to change the era.  The world is established as is the history to a large extent, simply choose the right era you want to work with, build the lore structure of that period (so much of the artwork is done beautifully in the single person game) and create/balance the classes.  Yeah there's more too like the combat has to be made engaging enough and all that but the artwork advantage is profound from a business perspective.

Would not surprise me at all if they went that route and I do expect it to happen.

As to the classes sure you can have Witchers in fact to not have them is ridiculous and would be a failure in vision.  They're basically a melee class with some spells whoopideedoo.  Class balance is required as always in an MMO so they're just one of many classes I would hope.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    It totally depends on how it is done.

My automatic reaction is no. Since I bet it will have all the current MMORPG standards. Like a cash shop and quest hubs and be the WoWitcher or worse.

but...

If they do something new and have living story 2.0 from Guild Wars 2 and actual dynamic events that change the world, like curses or the curing of said curses and story elements with some kind of automatic story generation new amazing Witcher stuff that is awesome. Crazy magic system...

Basically id it was dubbed the Holy Grail of what CDProjekt Red has ever done and they nail it out of the park with a great new innovation in the Witcher world... then yes.

What I think they should do first is a 4 player multiplayer witcher game that you could go thru the story and expand on the voting system SWTOR used for its quests. I would be totally on board for just some multiplayer Witcher 3 type game.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• RoyalgipsyRoyalgipsy Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    I Would throw a few coins into the making of the game even.. Concidering that to be throwing my Witcher a coin. 
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    edited January 2020
    A Witcher mmorpg?

Hell ya

The Witcher world in an mmorpg could be awesome, just forget about Geralt and company cutscenes.

Doesn’t need them.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee