Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do people seek PvP?

13»

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    It’s the highest form of mmorpg gameplay.

i mean how are you gonna know if all that shit you’re looting all those builds you’re making is worth shit?
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I am not a pvper, but people who seek pvp fall into 1 of 2 (or both) categories, both which are basic human behavior.

1) It is human nature to compare ourselves to other people.
    2) Fight or flight. It is basic human nature to be the hunter or the gatherer.

and some people thrive on being bullies.
  • AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,801
    edited December 2019
    I am not a pvper, but people who seek pvp fall into 1 of 2 (or both) categories, both which are basic human behavior.

1) It is human nature to compare ourselves to other people.
    2) Fight or flight. It is basic human nature to be the hunter or the gatherer.

and some people thrive on being bullies.
    Yes. And there is another basic human nature. Forming relationships and getting things done together. Mutual benefit. Friendships. 
    MMORPGs are so lacking in depth that this side of things is restricted to "LFG" and guilds based on running grinds. 

I'd like to see that built up through PvE, but include PvP in a less than "play to crush" environment. I think it could add a lot to these games. They are, at their core, a social environment. "Massively Multiplayer." 
    Post edited by Amaranthar on
    cameltosis

Once upon a time....

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    edited December 2019
    Basic human desire to feel, and show to others that they're better than others.

Minor insecurities.