Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legatus Pack Updated - Now $35,000

rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
edited December 2019 in Star Citizen
Original Legatus pack was available to those who had already spent $10,000 and would set them back a cool $27,000
As the ship selling has continued the pack has fallen behind, hence this revision.

The pack is now $35,000 (42,000 GBP/EUR)

Happy Xmas from CIG!

P.S just get the kids some oranges or lumps of coal.

Comments

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Come on dont be a hater. this package helps support the best game every created. If they sell enough or them they might raise 30 or 40 million. Which is about 5 times what Chris said he needed to make a game for the ages.

What I want to know is how many of these ships actually exist in the tech demo right now and how many are still jpeg status. Or whatever else this package is offering. What percentage of it is 'playable' right now.
    LocoGunner71
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    edited December 2019
    This pack always made little sense.

Unless the rich boys want to get more of the same things they already own 

I don't know any that did tho
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    rodarin said:
    Come on dont be a hater. this package helps support the best game every created. If they sell enough or them they might raise 30 or 40 million. Which is about 5 times what Chris said he needed to make a game for the ages.

What I want to know is how many of these ships actually exist in the tech demo right now and how many are still jpeg status. Or whatever else this package is offering. What percentage of it is 'playable' right now.
    The percentage of playable ships is good enough.

RSI's problem at the moment is that their engine and game mechanisms are too unfinished. They've never had trouble making the ships flyable and able to shoot each other, as long as you don't expect special mechanisms to work or the game engine being anywhere close to finished.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    edited December 2019
    >>>> how many of these ships actually exist >>>

90 ships and vehicles are playable at the moment.

Have fun
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Erillion said:
    >>>> how many of these ships actually exist >>>

90 ships and vehicles are playable at the moment.

Have fun
    35K? LOL - TALK ABOUT GOING AFTER WHALES. How many people can actually spend that much on a game? I mean my car was 10K less and practical.

This is what SC is about. Gouging people, promising the unobtainable and, never delivery a game out of alpha.
    GdemamiKefoLocoGunner71

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    MaxBacon said:

Unless the point of it is to say, "You may not be one of the true whales who can afford this $35k package, but here's this other, cheap package for only $5k."
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Quizzical said:
    MaxBacon said:

Unless the point of it is to say, "You may not be one of the true whales who can afford this $35k package, but here's this other, cheap package for only $5k."
    True. This game is more about garnering cash for the company than actually producing a game.
    MendelGdemami

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    edited December 2019
    How much is a planet?
    If I get a mortgage I reckon I might just afford it  :D 
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Don't worry, guys.  It's not pay to win.  You'll be able to earn all these ships in-game with just 9,700,000 hours of grinding.  So, it all equals out.
    LocoGunner71
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Vrika said:
    rodarin said:

The percentage of playable ships is good enough.

RSI's problem at the moment is that their engine and game mechanisms are too unfinished. They've never had trouble making the ships flyable and able to shoot each other, as long as you don't expect special mechanisms to work or the game engine being anywhere close to finished.
    So much this. A good example that comes to mind is their mine laying ship(costs 675 dollars and was announced at a dinner with CI that cost about 275 dollars a ticket and only if you have done them the honour of spending at least 1000 in their cash shop). Already selling it in their shop but the mine laying mechanic isn’t implemented yet and I doubt they have any idea how best to do it. The technical debt keeps piling up 
    botrytisGdemami
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    RSI taking FOMO to the next level. You pay a ridiculous price and still miss out.
    botrytis

• itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    money laundry, they found a way into wash money thru gaming now
    botrytis

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    For $35,000, you could buy a used Cray supercomputer --  an entry level model, sure, but still a supercomputer.  That plus $150,000 worth of rewiring the house, putting in some industrial cooling systems, installing a raised floor, maybe a new sub-basement to house it.  Maybe then I'll actually be able to play Star Citizen, should it ever release.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Mendel said:
    For $35,000, you could buy a used Cray supercomputer --  an entry level model, sure, but still a supercomputer.  That plus $150,000 worth of rewiring the house, putting in some industrial cooling systems, installing a raised floor, maybe a new sub-basement to house it.  Maybe then I'll actually be able to play Star Citizen, should it ever release.

OR you could just click into the graphic and see what computer hardware actually runs Star Citizen at the quality you are aiming for. And then check out where your own rig would be in that grafic. This is actual data from the players, not theoretical projections.

If you activate the "Display Outlying Data" you may see the extreme end rigs. I guess that is where you will find your Cray ;-)

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    Mendel said:

OR you could just click into the graphic and see what computer hardware actually runs Star Citizen at the quality you are aiming for. And then check out where your own rig would be in that grafic. This is actual data from the players, not theoretical projections.

If you activate the "Display Outlying Data" you may see the extreme end rigs. I guess that is where you will find your Cray ;-)

Have fun

I see the concept of sarcasm isn't in your wheelhouse.

edited December 2019
    Mendel said:
    Erillion said:
    Mendel said:

Have fun

I see the concept of information instead of propaganda is not in your right ballpark.

Have fun

Erillion said:
    Mendel said:
    Erillion said:
    Mendel said:

Have fun

I see the concept of information instead of propaganda is not in your right ballpark.

Have fun

Did I ask for propaganda, er, information?  I must have missed that.

Gdemami

Mendel said:

Did I ask for propaganda, er, information?  I must have missed that.

True.

You were just talking nonsense.

Have fun
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Erillion said:
    Mendel said:
    Erillion said:
    Mendel said:

Have fun

Have fun

Is any of that going to matter when the game doesn’t come out anytime soon and they keep upgrading things so it doesn’t look like a sad game that has been bypassed by the newest generation?
    Gdemami