Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Players' Choice Awards 2019 Winners - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Amathe said:
    kertin said:
    Most anticipated MMO = Pantheon ... was it 40+ age votes? :D
    I miss my 40s. :( Currently I am approaching 60 with full head of steam.

I'm right there with you.  Though I wish I was going forward with a full head of hair.
    and your 60's are no raving hell especially with 70 looming on the horizon ;) 
  • CynehildCynehild Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Just shows how MMORPG.com commenters are loud minorities. These games are so different to what most commenters & forum writers like.
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498

renky77 said:

> "Players' Choice Best MMO of 2019: Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers"

Damn. I had tried playing the game like 3 times already. What's wrong with me? Why don't I like it playing solo? I can't understand just why do I like ESO pretty MUCH MORE than FFXIV, even though I know that both are really good...

No, I agree with you. I thought it was pretty awful. However, I had good friends who were singing its praises at the same time. Different strokes for different folks.
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498

Arterius said:

Oh man, Disco Elysium still didn't win.

I personally thought it was a way better game than The Outer Worlds.

The art of DE is a turn-off for me.... not sure what it is about the visuals but I really just don't like that look. That said, I'll likely give it a go when it's heavily discounted on Steam at some point. But I did enjoy the heck out of The Outer Worlds so at least I knew what I was voting for.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

I was like:

Eww.. Pantheon as most anticipated? And then I saw New World, Lost Ark, and Crowfall as runners up. Not a great outlook for MMORPGs.

Meh, not my thing either.
    But I guess it was pretty much Battle of the Kickstarters there anyway. Not counting New World, which I have little interest in too.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    FFXIV was a well deserved winner IMO. I tend to lose interest in it after I finish the story content, but pretty awesome game overall. I'd probably play it more consistently if I hadn't gotten so invested in another game before giving it a proper try. (AKA force myself to push past the super boring early levels that always made me lose interest before things really took off)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• cloudacvcloudacv Member UncommonPosts: 210

DMKano said:

I was like:

Eww.. Pantheon as most anticipated? And then I saw New World, Lost Ark, and Crowfall as runners up. Not a great outlook for MMORPGs.

Hasn't been a great outlook for mmorpgs in years... is this really still a surprise?

Why would you think it would be a surprise to me? 

Because he is some 40 year old neck beard basement dweller.
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    edited December 2019

kertin said:

Most anticipated MMO = Pantheon ... was it 40+ age votes? :D

Such an insightful comment from someone always going on about "boomers". FYI, most "boomers" are in their late 50's or older now. People in their 40's and early to mid 50's are Gen X'ers. If you're going to try and insult people, at least put some effort into getting it right. Also, calling someone a "boomer" doesn't have much of an impact anymore since people like you have tended to overuse it so much that it's almost to the point where the use of the "insult" is more likely to make the person using it look like a tool. It just doesn't have much weight, much like the term "honky", which was an intended as an insult to white people. How did that turn out? The only one to ever successfully make use of honky was George Jefferson and that lasted about as long as his t.v. show.

As for Pantheon, I'm have almost no interest in this at all. I wish them well but this will be incredibly niche. I think this is more of a reflection of the sad state of MMO's these days than anything else. It's why this site has to cover non-MMO related gaming news so much because it couldn't exist on MMO news alone.
    cloudacv

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

DMKano said:

Arterius said:

Oh man, Disco Elysium still didn't win.

I am glad it didnt - it proves that majority wouldnt know a good RPG if it smacked them on the face.

Masses love safe familiar games - like Outer World.

Tiller said:

I guess you could say Final Fantasy XIV is the best MMORPG. At least the best no drama MMORPG. Also agree on most anticipated, Pantheon seems to be trucking along, it looks again like a low drama MMO.

I clearly missed something in FFXIV....I thought it was awful....As linear of a game as I have ever played.

People love more of the same in reality, they say they want something new and different- but not really, because to masses something different is the same old crap just with small changes.

I haven't played DE yet (I bought it during the Steam sale, though, and it's on my playlist before I go back to work in 2 weeks) but OW is still a very good game. You shouldn't be so salty that it won. Different strokes and all that.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Didn't care for any of the games listed aside from FFXIV which I would agree is the best out there. I took a long break but came back and maxed 5 classes with a DPs and Tank getting near the end. Sure you do a lot of the same instances in the roulette but they are relatively quick. Still fun to get in there on the different classes.
  • DarkEvilHatredDarkEvilHatred Member UncommonPosts: 229
    Here is my big question. 

Do you guys think Pantheon would have won if Brad McQuaid wouldn't have died?

I wonder if his passing and all the headlines about it may have had a big effect on it winning the Gamer Awards.

Sorry if this comment comes off as being rude or inconsiderate. I think it is a fair question to ask.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Pantheon?  PANTHEON?? 

Count me mystified, especially with Camelot Unchained not even appearing at all.

I guess I'm the only one sitting in the corner waiting for CU to release.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Know what I find amusing? The games that didn't get mentioned. lol 
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/